Latest PSU headlines:

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 ... LastLast
    Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    [/B]
    feels almost like Sony paid Edge to say all this but whatever. the war continues.
    Well that's the excuse we heard when anything was seen as favoring the 360 or saying anything bad about the PS3......Microsoft moneyhatting.

Soooooo......what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

A reviewer likes the PS4 version more?.... Sony paid them off. A dev says something nice about the PS4?..... Sony paid them off. A gaming site always praises the PS4 and doesn't treat the Xbox One in kind?....Sony paid them off.

Sony paid them off......all day long!

Like they say.... Turnabout is fair play and payback is a *****!

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Well that's the excuse we heard when anything was seen as favoring the 360 or saying anything bad about the PS3......Microsoft moneyhatting.

Soooooo......what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

A reviewer likes the PS4 version more?.... Sony paid them off. A dev says something nice about the PS4?..... Sony paid them off. A gaming site always praises the PS4 and doesn't treat the Xbox One in kind?....Sony paid them off.

Sony paid them off......all day long!

Like they say.... Turnabout is fair play and payback is a *****!
    Very true. The claims have been made before in the past. However, many people believed these things to be true, and some sources gave people good reason to feel that way. Personally, I feel that there was "moneyhatting" last generation, on both sides. That's business, and I wont hate on either side for doing it. The problem here though, is that you have implied that in any instance you make such a claim in the future (of Sony paying off reviewers, publishers, etc) it is simply for payback. Which would qualify as trolling behavior, maybe not by official mods, but by general internet consensus (or at least my own). Would such trolling be deserved? Probably, after all that went on last gen. But claiming payback will not help anyone defend the XboxOne. And I'd hate to see our opposite platform (or dual platform) supporters be ignored.

As it stands right now though, I am taking the news with a grain of salt, though the number of reports to a similar effect are becoming a bit too frequent to ignore. Either a lot of money is being shelled out, or developers are really liking the PS4 (either due to it being more powerful, or just being more developer friendly or any other possible reason)
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    This only means devs will working harder to make XBO to catch PS4. Then after a few years there will be some trivial graphic diffrence between both. Those Vs threads will be fun to watch lol.We will only see what they truely hold with exclusives but... xbo does not promise that much,so...
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by FatesServant View Post
    Very true. The claims have been made before in the past. However, many people believed these things to be true, and some sources gave people good reason to feel that way. Personally, I feel that there was "moneyhatting" last generation, on both sides. That's business, and I wont hate on either side for doing it. The problem here though, is that you have implied that in any instance you make such a claim in the future (of Sony paying off reviewers, publishers, etc) it is simply for payback. Which would qualify as trolling behavior, maybe not by official mods, but by general internet consensus (or at least my own). Would such trolling be deserved? Probably, after all that went on last gen. But claiming payback will not help anyone defend the XboxOne. And I'd hate to see our opposite platform (or dual platform) supporters be ignored.

As it stands right now though, I am taking the news with a grain of salt, though the number of reports to a similar effect are becoming a bit too frequent to ignore. Either a lot of money is being shelled out, or developers are really liking the PS4 (either due to it being more powerful, or just being more developer friendly or any other possible reason)
    -FatesServant
    I'm being a bit facetious.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    lol sony is paying developers to like the ps4 more

good one

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    This needed to be posted ASAP

Need to go deeper (that's what she said joke here):

Last edited by Itachi; 09-15-2013 at 07:47.

7. Likes Admartian wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post

good one
    Sony paid off the e3 crowd too.

Hell, they paid off the whole internet, including some diehard xbox fans, to hate MS's drm plans.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    This only means devs will working harder to make XBO to catch PS4. Then after a few years there will be some trivial graphic diffrence between both. Those Vs threads will be fun to watch lol.We will only see what they truely hold with exclusives but... xbo does not promise that much,so...
    but that'd be assuming that PS4 won't go further and stop at one point.

not to mention, PS4 will have more skilled developers working on it. are you forgetting ND?

good one
    we don't even know who said it. it's easy for magazines to make money this way. i'm not saying it is the case, i'm saying it's very easy to do this.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Actually they did. I'm not kidding, they loaded it with free seats for Sony fans apparently. Smart move.
    Last edited by mynd; 09-15-2013 at 07:20.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

11. Dislikes mistercrow is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Actually they did. I'm not kidding, they loaded it with free seats for Sony fans apparently.
    That is true. lol

Power Member
    Items User name style
    That is true. lol
    Wasn't a dumb thing to do, Sony seem to have a decent and smart PR team behind them these days.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Superior Member

Hell, they paid off the whole internet, including some diehard xbox fans, to hate MS's drm plans.
    I was walking into a mall and a guy representing Sony was at the entrance. He slapped money in my palm even before he got the words out of what the money was for. I just ran away and used the money to pay my Xbox One pre-order off.

Later... the same Sony guy handed money to a prostitute who was entering the mall and got arrested for solicitation.

Oh....and you got that one mixed up. Sony didn't pay people to hate Microsoft's DRM plans...... they paid people to FORGET the 2 years of DRM that Sony actually IMPLEMENTED! RootKit says ...... hello!
    Last edited by GreatSpaceKoaster; 09-15-2013 at 07:39.

15. Likes MossadAgentO wishes they had posted this first.
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    [Kind reminder to keep this thread clean, don't let it go south ]
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    [Kind reminder to keep this thread clean, don't let it go south ]
    Thanks for the kind reminder...Going south? $25....Going south 'til your "thread" is clean? Add another $15 to the bill!

Nice tee up of words for me to use Fijiandoce!!
    Last edited by GreatSpaceKoaster; 09-15-2013 at 15:50.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Many things are being said by many people, I say the PS4 is going to make a killing and dominate the market.You guys are gonna need a PS4 like it or not.

PS4 has little to no competition.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog

But I thought one of our members said they didnt even have enough money for decent R&D?!?

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

20. Likes mistercrow wishes they had posted this first.
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style

I thought that Microsoft paid off the Xbox crowd at their TV conference to cheer.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Many things are being said by many people, I say the PS4 is going to make a killing and dominate the market.You guys are gonna need a PS4 like it or not.
    I'm getting a PS4 cuz I want it, not cuz I'm gonna need it. Using your logic, Xbox 360 dominated in the USA and the UK. Was anybody ever suggesting to PS3 fans you are gonna need a 360 like it or not? Nope! So making such a claim here is silly.

The PS2 dominated, yet based on the plenty of love the Xbox got from devs.... I certainly didn't NEED the PS2. I simply picked it up on the cheap for the few Sony exclusives I was interested in. It will be the same this coming gen.....pick up the PS4 later for the few Sony exclusives I want and the Xbox One as my primary games console. Sony will always be my secondary console just as their PS2 & PS3 have been up to now.

Publishers have long known for 2 console gens that the Xbox software attach rates are high. So even if the PS4 were to win the console base numbers war, devs are gonna show Xbox One plenty of love. They can't afford to ignore us. Of that I am very confident..... I'm not worried in the least. So no....we don't NEED a PS4.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    It might have dominated but it was missing exclusive games.
    LittleBigPlanet is quite possibly the best local multiplayer of last gen.
    After 6+ years Xbox didn't really have much to show for its self, sales don't dictate that you should own one too, games do tho.

After 6 years of PS3 I own over 40 exclusive PS3 games. Probably more if I started counting, lol.
    Last edited by mickice; 09-15-2013 at 15:28.

PS4 has little to no competition.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    But I thought one of our members said they didnt even have enough money for decent R&D?!? Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2
    Yep, Sony must be doing pretty well to be paying off all these people. lol

25. Likes snooper71 wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Actually they did. I'm not kidding, they loaded it with free seats for Sony fans apparently. Smart move.
    lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-15-2013 at 15:47.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    But I thought one of our members said they didnt even have enough money for decent R&D?!?

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2
    Now we know why! It all makes sense now, they used all that money to pay developers and xbox fans to like the ps4...m mystery solved, god damn you Sony!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

28. Likes snooper71 wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Now we know why! It all makes sense now, they used all that money to pay developers and xbox fans to like the ps4...m mystery solved, god damn you Sony! Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    Yep, thats it. Mynd has single handedly solved the mystery for us. lol

Superior Member

It might have dominated but it was missing exclusive games.
    LittleBigPlanet is quite possibly the best local multiplayer of last gen.
    After 6+ years Xbox didn't really have much to show for its self, sales don't dictate that you should own one too, games do tho.

After 6 years of PS3 I own over 40 exclusive PS3 games.
    Just cuz it has more exclusives doesn't mean the other has none. And if I'm not interested in most of Sony's exclusives, how do I need it?

Here's the difference between you and I. I like both Sony and Microsoft, but Sony is simply my runner up console and likely always will be unless Microsoft stops the Xbox platform. You on the other hand, based on your post history, don't like Microsoft or the Xbox platform or see much value in them. Which is perfectly fine..... but it reeks of slight arrogance to suggest we NEED to get a PS4. What's more accurate to say is that YOU need a PS4.

I want a PS4 and plan on getting one later. But if I were forced to choose between a PS4 and an Xbox One.... it's a no brainier for me no mater how many exclusive list warz you could post up. Sony hasn't been my first love since the PS1. It's not cuz I don't like Sony, it's just that they have been regulated down to my 2nd love when it comes to consoles. It's just as simple as that.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    It might have dominated but it was missing exclusive games. LittleBigPlanet is quite possibly the best local multiplayer of last gen. After 6+ years Xbox didn't really have much to show for its self, sales don't dictate that you should own one too, games do tho. After 6 years of PS3 I own over 40 exclusive PS3 games. Probably more if I started counting, lol.
    Dominated? WW sales ended up being about the same at the end. That being said nobody NEEDS either console. Game preferences are subjective so despite the fact that I prefer PS4 I do realise that other people may prefer MS offerings and may not care for Sony's exclusives so for them X1 is all they need in the same way that PS4 is all I need.

Thread Information