Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Dominated? WW sales ended up being about the same at the end. That being said nobody NEEDS either console. Game preferences are subjective so despite the fact that I prefer PS4 I do realise that other people may prefer MS offerings and may not care for Sony's exclusives so for them X1 is all they need in the same way that PS4 is all I need.
    To be fair to him.....He was making reference to my statement about the dominance of the 360 in the USA and the UK..... not worldwide sales in total.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    To be fair to him.....He was making reference to my statement about the dominance of the 360 in the USA and the UK..... not worldwide sales in total.
    I just don't understand why he gets so upset that you're console of choice isn't the PS4.
    I don't get why people can't understand why others can like the opposite console.
    Anyways, we all wish we had the money for both. That's what it comes down to, if we could all afford both we would, hands down, and the ones that can't sometimes get defensive over the one they can't have.
    That's my theory anyways.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Ok gotcha. US was definitely dominance but the UK I wouldn't call dominance although 360 was certainly well ahead there. 360 3rd party software was pretty dominant there though.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-15-2013 at 17:39.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    I just don't understand why he gets so upset that you're console of choice isn't the PS4.
    I don't get why people can't understand why others can like the opposite console.
    Anyways, we all wish we had the money for both. That's what it comes down to, if we could all afford both we would, hands down, and the ones that can't sometimes get defensive over the one they can't have.
    That's my theory anyways.
    It's called the console war mindset. To them it is war and a matter of winning in all aspects, at all costs.

I can SORTA understand why they get so wrapped up in it. I compare it to sports team dynasties where their team has won a lot of championships. And with that sheer team dominance comes with it SOME fans that are $#@!y and arrogant as a result. We've all come across these guys. And after their team comes off years of dominance and then hits a championship dry spell, they lash out in frustration. So then instead of simply saying this year wasn't their year, they start to irrationally lash out. Doing things like accusing the other teams of cheating or saying the refs were paid off.

That's basically what happened with the PlayStation brand. Sony and it's fans were used to a dynasty. Both the PS1 and PS2 were dominant in their respective generations. They were the champs. And as with winning sports teams, SOME of it's fans got $#@!y and arrogant. So when the PS3 was announced, these fans said.... we got this. We dominated in the PS1 and PS2 era and we are gonna dominate in the next.

Problem was.... it didn't play out that way. They had a competing team whose owner had a lot of money and talent (Microsoft and the 360) and another team whose owner also had a lot of money, but also had a secret weapon for a player that nobody saw coming (Nintendo Wii with the Wii-mote). Plus.. their team was handicapped on top of this by going over their salary cap (PS3's higher price) and having it's top player out for the year (PS3's 1 year later release). Then...combine that with a loss of fans to other teams (Microsoft and Nintendo)..... and being a remaining fan of the team wasn't quite as fun.

And when they went year after year behind the competition (in overall LTD console numbers standings), frustration set in and the lashing out began. They started accusing the competition of cheating (Microsoft paying for DLC exclusive content) or that they were paying off the refs (saying Microsoft was paying off the gaming press). And the meltdown just went south from there.

Well now it's a new season (console gen) and SOME of them are right back with their arrogant and $#@!y selves declaring the next-gen generation won already. And the same $#@! talking is happening just like it was 8 years ago. It's fanboyism at it's worse.

So that's the best way I can describe the phenomenon.

Console Preference= Console "A" instead of console "B"

Console Fanboyism= Console "A" at the EXPENSE of console "B"
    Last edited by GreatSpaceKoaster; 09-15-2013 at 18:49.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    It's called the console war mindset. To them it is war and a matter of winning in all aspects, at all costs. I can SORTA understand why they get so wrapped up in it. I compare it to sports team dynasties where their team has won a lot of championships. And with that sheer team dominance comes with it SOME fans that are $#@!y and arrogant as a result. We've all come across these guys. And after their team comes off years of dominance and then hits a championship dry spell, they lash out in frustration. So then instead of simply saying this year wasn't their year, they start to irrationally lash out. Doing things like accusing the other teams of cheating or saying the refs were paid off. That's basically what happened with the PlayStation brand. Sony and it's fans were used to a dynasty. Both the PS1 and PS2 were dominant in their respective generations. They were the champs. And as with winning sports teams, SOME of it's fans got $#@!y and arrogant. So when the PS3 was announced, these fans said.... we got this. We dominated in the PS1 and PS2 era and we are gonna dominate in the next. Problem was.... it didn't play out that way. They had a competing team whose owner had a lot of money and talent (Microsoft and the 360) and another team whose owner also had a lot of money, but also had a secret weapon for a player that nobody saw coming (Nintendo Wii with the Wii-mote). Plus.. their team was handicapped on top of this by going over their salary cap (PS3's higher price) and having it's top player out for the year (PS3's 1 year later release). Then...combine that with a loss of fans to other teams (Microsoft and Nintendo)..... and being a remaining fan of the team wasn't quite as fun. And when they went year after year behind the competition (in overall LTD console numbers standings), frustration set in and the lashing out began. They started accusing the competition was cheating (Microsoft paying for DLC exclusive content) or that they were paying off the refs (saying Microsoft was paying off the gaming press). And the meltdown just went south from there. Well now it's a new season (console gen) and SOME of them are right back with their arrogant and $#@!y selves declaring the next-gen generation won already. And the same $#@! talking is happening just like it was 8 years ago. It's fanboyism at it's worse. So that's the best way I can describe the phenomenon. Console Preference= Console "A" instead of console "B" Console Fanboyism= Console "A" at the EXPENSE of console "B"
    And now in this very thread we have an Xbox member accusing Sony of paying off the audience at E3. Imagine that. lol This "console war mindset" definitely goes both ways.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-15-2013 at 22:11.

Banned

And now in this very thread we have an Xbox member accusing Sony of paying off the audience at E3. Imagine that. lol This "console war mindset" definitely goes both ways.
    It was a joke. I was never serious about it. They pay for exclusive stuff (both do).... but I don't think there is bribes being handed out all over.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    It was a joke. I was never serious about it. They pay for exclusive stuff (both do).... but I don't think there is bribes being handed out all over.
    I was actually referring to mynd and his conspiracy theory. I know that you were just joking. Mynd said that he was actually serious.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    Dominated? WW sales ended up being about the same at the end. That being said nobody NEEDS either console. Game preferences are subjective so despite the fact that I prefer PS4 I do realise that other people may prefer MS offerings and may not care for Sony's exclusives so for them X1 is all they need in the same way that PS4 is all I need.
    this is the route i am on, to me nothing attracts me to the xbox brand. i did own the original xbox for a bit only because there were some fantastic games on that system (just like the gamecube). but to myself nothing offers the breadth of EXCLUSIVES like sony does. but like other posters stated here, its preference really.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    This needed to be posted ASAP

Need to go deeper (that's what she said joke here):

Now that's meta.

If we're going to question this article and its sources, then all I ask is for us to ALL question the sources of ALL gaming media alike, regardless of whether the news is favourable or not.

#Parity
    Be Together - Not the same.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Yep, thats it. Mynd has single handedly solved the mystery for us. lol
    huh?

I was actually referring to mynd and his conspiracy theory. I know that you were just joking. Mynd said that he was actually serious.
    What conspiracy theory?
    I don't see any issue with loading the conference with fans.
    Or are you saying they didn't? Because they did.

#truthfact
    Last edited by mynd; 09-15-2013 at 23:05.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    huh? What conspiracy theory? I don't see any issue with loading the conference with fans. Or are you saying they didn't? Because they did. #truthfact
    Link or it didnt happen. lol Anyway looks like you actually WERE joking. Sarcasm finally detected. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-16-2013 at 00:10.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Link or it didnt happen. lol Anyway looks like you actually WERE joking. Sarcasm finally detected. lol
    Aint joking mate, I thought everyone knew, they discussed on GT just after the conference, I'll see if I can find you the video.

edit:

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-epi...king-the-grade

Watch the first minute.
    Last edited by mynd; 09-16-2013 at 01:25.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Aint joking mate, I thought everyone knew, they discussed on GT just after the conference, I'll see if I can find you the video.

edit:

Watch the first minute.
    Come on. The guy said they let fans line up to come to the show. That means it wasn't just journalists and other business types. Let's not make it out like Sony hand-picked the crowd.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

14. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Aint joking mate, I thought everyone knew, they discussed on GT just after the conference, I'll see if I can find you the video. edit: http://www.gametrailers.com/full-epi...king-the-grade Watch the first minute.
    LMAO!Youre getting mighty desperate as of late mynd. Anyway, Christopher pretty well summed it up.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-16-2013 at 02:26.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian

edit:

Watch the first minute.
    It's no secret that tech companies have their plants or employees in the crowd. But to suggest that the vast majority (or any significant amount of that E3 crowd) were shills or paid?

ummm, nahh bro....
    Last edited by Admartian; 09-16-2013 at 01:59.

17. Likes Two4DaMoney , Christopher likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I'm sure the whole crowd was Sony plants...

It's easy to tell the plants from the actual crowd

Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 09-16-2013 at 02:12.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I'm sure the whole crowd was Sony plants... It's easy to tell the plants from the actual crowd
    Yep theyre the ones all wearing the paid by Sony tshirts. LMAO!

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Jesus, where did I say they paid them? I said they let Sony fans in for free.
    That's not normal, these are press events.

I also thought it was a smart move but whatever.

Get ya knickers in a twist.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Jesus, where did I say they paid them? I said they let Sony fans in for free.
    That's not normal, these are press events.

I also thought it was a smart move but whatever.

Get ya knickers in a twist.
    They didn't let "Sony fans" in. They let GAMING fans in. What? You think they interogated everyone who walked in the door as to their loyalties?
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    They didn't let "Sony fans" in. They let GAMING fans in. What? You think they interogated everyone who walked in the door as to their loyalties?
    Exactly. You are definitely reaching on this one mynd.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Forum Overseer
    they don't have to ask them if they were Sony fans, that's a given...why else would they be there? Of course not speaking about all of them, but i'm sure most wouldn't go just for the heck of it. they probably like something about the Sony brand.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    they don't have to ask them if they were Sony fans, that's a given...why else would they be there? Of course not speaking about all of them, but i'm sure most wouldn't go just for the heck of it. they probably like something about the Sony brand.

Gaming fans in general. They are at e3. I doubt most of the people are there simply there for one console. Besides, the biggest cheers came from the no required connection and used games will work comment. Something that almost every gaming fan should approve of regardless of your preference. They don't have to be Sony fans to be excited about that. That was the main thing you heard cheers for and FF XV.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Gaming fans in general. They are at e3. I doubt most of the people are there simply there for one console. Besides, the biggest cheers came from the no required connection and used games will work comment. Something that almost every gaming fan should approve of regardless of your preference. They don't have to be Sony fans to be excited about that. That was the main thing you heard cheers for and FF XV.
    The price was the other big cheer too.

26. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    oh right i forgot that was the E3 crowd.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    The price was the other big cheer too.

Yeah that too.

Thread Information