Latest PSU headlines:

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 200
  1. #151
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    821
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    10,185 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Dominated? WW sales ended up being about the same at the end. That being said nobody NEEDS either console. Game preferences are subjective so despite the fact that I prefer PS4 I do realise that other people may prefer MS offerings and may not care for Sony's exclusives so for them X1 is all they need in the same way that PS4 is all I need.
    To be fair to him.....He was making reference to my statement about the dominance of the 360 in the USA and the UK..... not worldwide sales in total.

  2. #152
    Superior Member
    TEST SUBJECT 83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Oregon
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    7
    Points
    4,818 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    To be fair to him.....He was making reference to my statement about the dominance of the 360 in the USA and the UK..... not worldwide sales in total.
    I just don't understand why he gets so upset that you're console of choice isn't the PS4.
    I don't get why people can't understand why others can like the opposite console.
    Anyways, we all wish we had the money for both. That's what it comes down to, if we could all afford both we would, hands down, and the ones that can't sometimes get defensive over the one they can't have.
    That's my theory anyways.

  3. #153
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,669
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    154,540 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    To be fair to him.....He was making reference to my statement about the dominance of the 360 in the USA and the UK..... not worldwide sales in total.
    Ok gotcha. US was definitely dominance but the UK I wouldn't call dominance although 360 was certainly well ahead there. 360 3rd party software was pretty dominant there though.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-15-2013 at 16:39.

  4. #154
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    821
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    10,185 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    I just don't understand why he gets so upset that you're console of choice isn't the PS4.
    I don't get why people can't understand why others can like the opposite console.
    Anyways, we all wish we had the money for both. That's what it comes down to, if we could all afford both we would, hands down, and the ones that can't sometimes get defensive over the one they can't have.
    That's my theory anyways.
    It's called the console war mindset. To them it is war and a matter of winning in all aspects, at all costs.

    I can SORTA understand why they get so wrapped up in it. I compare it to sports team dynasties where their team has won a lot of championships. And with that sheer team dominance comes with it SOME fans that are cocky and arrogant as a result. We've all come across these guys. And after their team comes off years of dominance and then hits a championship dry spell, they lash out in frustration. So then instead of simply saying this year wasn't their year, they start to irrationally lash out. Doing things like accusing the other teams of cheating or saying the refs were paid off.

    That's basically what happened with the PlayStation brand. Sony and it's fans were used to a dynasty. Both the PS1 and PS2 were dominant in their respective generations. They were the champs. And as with winning sports teams, SOME of it's fans got cocky and arrogant. So when the PS3 was announced, these fans said.... we got this. We dominated in the PS1 and PS2 era and we are gonna dominate in the next.

    Problem was.... it didn't play out that way. They had a competing team whose owner had a lot of money and talent (Microsoft and the 360) and another team whose owner also had a lot of money, but also had a secret weapon for a player that nobody saw coming (Nintendo Wii with the Wii-mote). Plus.. their team was handicapped on top of this by going over their salary cap (PS3's higher price) and having it's top player out for the year (PS3's 1 year later release). Then...combine that with a loss of fans to other teams (Microsoft and Nintendo)..... and being a remaining fan of the team wasn't quite as fun.

    And when they went year after year behind the competition (in overall LTD console numbers standings), frustration set in and the lashing out began. They started accusing the competition of cheating (Microsoft paying for DLC exclusive content) or that they were paying off the refs (saying Microsoft was paying off the gaming press). And the meltdown just went south from there.

    Well now it's a new season (console gen) and SOME of them are right back with their arrogant and cocky selves declaring the next-gen generation won already. And the same shit talking is happening just like it was 8 years ago. It's fanboyism at it's worse.

    So that's the best way I can describe the phenomenon.


    Console Preference= Console "A" instead of console "B"

    Console Fanboyism= Console "A" at the EXPENSE of console "B"
    Last edited by GreatSpaceKoaster; 09-15-2013 at 17:49.

  5. #155
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,669
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    154,540 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    It's called the console war mindset. To them it is war and a matter of winning in all aspects, at all costs. I can SORTA understand why they get so wrapped up in it. I compare it to sports team dynasties where their team has won a lot of championships. And with that sheer team dominance comes with it SOME fans that are cocky and arrogant as a result. We've all come across these guys. And after their team comes off years of dominance and then hits a championship dry spell, they lash out in frustration. So then instead of simply saying this year wasn't their year, they start to irrationally lash out. Doing things like accusing the other teams of cheating or saying the refs were paid off. That's basically what happened with the PlayStation brand. Sony and it's fans were used to a dynasty. Both the PS1 and PS2 were dominant in their respective generations. They were the champs. And as with winning sports teams, SOME of it's fans got cocky and arrogant. So when the PS3 was announced, these fans said.... we got this. We dominated in the PS1 and PS2 era and we are gonna dominate in the next. Problem was.... it didn't play out that way. They had a competing team whose owner had a lot of money and talent (Microsoft and the 360) and another team whose owner also had a lot of money, but also had a secret weapon for a player that nobody saw coming (Nintendo Wii with the Wii-mote). Plus.. their team was handicapped on top of this by going over their salary cap (PS3's higher price) and having it's top player out for the year (PS3's 1 year later release). Then...combine that with a loss of fans to other teams (Microsoft and Nintendo)..... and being a remaining fan of the team wasn't quite as fun. And when they went year after year behind the competition (in overall LTD console numbers standings), frustration set in and the lashing out began. They started accusing the competition was cheating (Microsoft paying for DLC exclusive content) or that they were paying off the refs (saying Microsoft was paying off the gaming press). And the meltdown just went south from there. Well now it's a new season (console gen) and SOME of them are right back with their arrogant and cocky selves declaring the next-gen generation won already. And the same shit talking is happening just like it was 8 years ago. It's fanboyism at it's worse. So that's the best way I can describe the phenomenon. Console Preference= Console "A" instead of console "B" Console Fanboyism= Console "A" at the EXPENSE of console "B"
    And now in this very thread we have an Xbox member accusing Sony of paying off the audience at E3. Imagine that. lol This "console war mindset" definitely goes both ways.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-15-2013 at 21:11.

  6. #156
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    821
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    10,185 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    And now in this very thread we have an Xbox member accusing Sony of paying off the audience at E3. Imagine that. lol This "console war mindset" definitely goes both ways.
    It was a joke. I was never serious about it. They pay for exclusive stuff (both do).... but I don't think there is bribes being handed out all over.

  7. #157
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,669
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    154,540 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    It was a joke. I was never serious about it. They pay for exclusive stuff (both do).... but I don't think there is bribes being handed out all over.
    I was actually referring to mynd and his conspiracy theory. I know that you were just joking. Mynd said that he was actually serious.

  8. #158
    Superior Member
    JDizzleNO1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    where the sun don't shine
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Posts
    800
    Rep Power
    27
    Points
    1,306 (0 Banked)
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Dominated? WW sales ended up being about the same at the end. That being said nobody NEEDS either console. Game preferences are subjective so despite the fact that I prefer PS4 I do realise that other people may prefer MS offerings and may not care for Sony's exclusives so for them X1 is all they need in the same way that PS4 is all I need.
    this is the route i am on, to me nothing attracts me to the xbox brand. i did own the original xbox for a bit only because there were some fantastic games on that system (just like the gamecube). but to myself nothing offers the breadth of EXCLUSIVES like sony does. but like other posters stated here, its preference really.



  9. #159
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,290
    Rep Power
    123
    Points
    30,504 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    This needed to be posted ASAP



    Need to go deeper (that's what she said joke here):

    Now that's meta.

    If we're going to question this article and its sources, then all I ask is for us to ALL question the sources of ALL gaming media alike, regardless of whether the news is favourable or not.

    #Parity

  10. #160
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    16,594
    Rep Power
    154
    Points
    98,968 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Yep, thats it. Mynd has single handedly solved the mystery for us. lol
    huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I was actually referring to mynd and his conspiracy theory. I know that you were just joking. Mynd said that he was actually serious.
    What conspiracy theory?
    I don't see any issue with loading the conference with fans.
    Or are you saying they didn't? Because they did.

    #truthfact
    Last edited by mynd; 09-15-2013 at 22:05.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

  11. #161
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,669
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    154,540 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    huh? What conspiracy theory? I don't see any issue with loading the conference with fans. Or are you saying they didn't? Because they did. #truthfact
    Link or it didnt happen. lol Anyway looks like you actually WERE joking. Sarcasm finally detected. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-15-2013 at 23:10.

  12. #162
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    16,594
    Rep Power
    154
    Points
    98,968 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Link or it didnt happen. lol Anyway looks like you actually WERE joking. Sarcasm finally detected. lol
    Aint joking mate, I thought everyone knew, they discussed on GT just after the conference, I'll see if I can find you the video.

    edit:

    http://www.gametrailers.com/full-epi...king-the-grade

    Watch the first minute.
    Last edited by mynd; 09-16-2013 at 00:25.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

  13. Dislikes mistercrow is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
  14. #163
    PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,022
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    35,470 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Aint joking mate, I thought everyone knew, they discussed on GT just after the conference, I'll see if I can find you the video.

    edit:

    http://www.gametrailers.com/full-epi...king-the-grade

    Watch the first minute.
    Come on. The guy said they let fans line up to come to the show. That means it wasn't just journalists and other business types. Let's not make it out like Sony hand-picked the crowd.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  15. Likes mistercrow wishes they had posted this first.
  16. #164
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,669
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    154,540 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Aint joking mate, I thought everyone knew, they discussed on GT just after the conference, I'll see if I can find you the video. edit: http://www.gametrailers.com/full-epi...king-the-grade Watch the first minute.
    LMAO!Youre getting mighty desperate as of late mynd. Anyway, Christopher pretty well summed it up.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-16-2013 at 01:26.

  17. #165
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,290
    Rep Power
    123
    Points
    30,504 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Aint joking mate, I thought everyone knew, they discussed on GT just after the conference, I'll see if I can find you the video.

    edit:

    http://www.gametrailers.com/full-epi...king-the-grade

    Watch the first minute.
    It's no secret that tech companies have their plants or employees in the crowd. But to suggest that the vast majority (or any significant amount of that E3 crowd) were shills or paid?

    ummm, nahh bro....
    Last edited by Admartian; 09-16-2013 at 00:59.

  18. Likes Two4DaMoney , Christopher wishes they had posted this first.
  19. #166
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,940
    Rep Power
    105
    Points
    9,277 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm sure the whole crowd was Sony plants...

    It's easy to tell the plants from the actual crowd

    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 09-16-2013 at 01:12.
    This message is hidden because Sub-stance1 is on your ignore list.



  20. #167
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,669
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    154,540 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I'm sure the whole crowd was Sony plants... It's easy to tell the plants from the actual crowd
    Yep theyre the ones all wearing the paid by Sony tshirts. LMAO!

  21. Likes Two4DaMoney wishes they had posted this first.
  22. #168
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    16,594
    Rep Power
    154
    Points
    98,968 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Jesus, where did I say they paid them? I said they let Sony fans in for free.
    That's not normal, these are press events.

    I also thought it was a smart move but whatever.

    Get ya knickers in a twist.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

  23. #169
    PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,022
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    35,470 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Jesus, where did I say they paid them? I said they let Sony fans in for free.
    That's not normal, these are press events.

    I also thought it was a smart move but whatever.

    Get ya knickers in a twist.
    They didn't let "Sony fans" in. They let GAMING fans in. What? You think they interogated everyone who walked in the door as to their loyalties?
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  24. Likes Justin , snooper71, Mael Duin, Demi_God , Two4DaMoney wishes they had posted this first.
  25. #170
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,903
    Rep Power
    136
    Points
    62,630 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    They didn't let "Sony fans" in. They let GAMING fans in. What? You think they interogated everyone who walked in the door as to their loyalties?
    Exactly. You are definitely reaching on this one mynd.




    Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

  26. #171
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,811
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    72,791 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    they don't have to ask them if they were Sony fans, that's a given...why else would they be there? Of course not speaking about all of them, but i'm sure most wouldn't go just for the heck of it. they probably like something about the Sony brand.

  27. #172
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,903
    Rep Power
    136
    Points
    62,630 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    they don't have to ask them if they were Sony fans, that's a given...why else would they be there? Of course not speaking about all of them, but i'm sure most wouldn't go just for the heck of it. they probably like something about the Sony brand.

    Gaming fans in general. They are at e3. I doubt most of the people are there simply there for one console. Besides, the biggest cheers came from the no required connection and used games will work comment. Something that almost every gaming fan should approve of regardless of your preference. They don't have to be Sony fans to be excited about that. That was the main thing you heard cheers for and FF XV.




    Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

  28. #173
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,290
    Rep Power
    123
    Points
    30,504 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Gaming fans in general. They are at e3. I doubt most of the people are there simply there for one console. Besides, the biggest cheers came from the no required connection and used games will work comment. Something that almost every gaming fan should approve of regardless of your preference. They don't have to be Sony fans to be excited about that. That was the main thing you heard cheers for and FF XV.
    The price was the other big cheer too.

  29. Likes PS4freak wishes they had posted this first.
  30. #174
    Extreme Poster
    Sufi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    27,811
    Rep Power
    179
    Points
    72,791 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    oh right i forgot that was the E3 crowd.

  31. #175
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    12,903
    Rep Power
    136
    Points
    62,630 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    The price was the other big cheer too.

    Yeah that too.




    Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.