Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 8
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    They didn't let "Sony fans" in. They let GAMING fans in. What? You think they interrogated everyone who walked in the door as to their loyalties?
    Well we don't really know, I have no idea how people got to know that they were letting them in, but I i imagine they didn't announce it over the public speaker. I never suggested it was "Sony only" fans, but if your going to announce that you might be able to get into the Sony E3 conference, your not going to do it outside the Xbox booth. And anyone with the remotest interest in it, is likely to be at least vaguely interest in Sony.

And, for the record, this was NOT E3, you guys forget it wasn't open to the public till the next day.
    This was pre-E3, not even at the conference center from memory.
    Last edited by mynd; 09-16-2013 at 05:18.

Forum Overseer

this is difficult to talk about.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    maybe microsoft should have "paid" their fans to cheer because there wasn't anything when they announced the price

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Actually they did. I'm not kidding, they loaded it with free seats for Sony fans apparently. Smart move.
    "Actually they did" ^^ was your comment in response to Two4damoney saying Sony paid off the e3 crowd too. So yes you did say Sony paid them. Get your story straight. And your comment also does suggest "Sony only" fans in fact "loaded it" with Sony fans but now youre denying you said that was well. Youre desperately reaching and failing miserably. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-16-2013 at 06:00.

Forum Overseer

i'm sorry i started all of this. $#@! me.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Well we don't really know, I have no idea how people got to know that they were letting them in, but I i imagine they didn't announce it over the public speaker. I never suggested it was "Sony only" fans, but if your going to announce that you might be able to get into the Sony E3 conference, your not going to do it outside the Xbox booth. And anyone with the remotest interest in it, is likely to be at least vaguely interest in Sony. And, for the record, this was NOT E3, you guys forget it wasn't open to the public till the next day. This was pre-E3, not even at the conference center from memory.
    Thats right you dont know and you do have no idea so why were you calling it #truthfact earlier in the thread? Contradicting yourself yet again. lol

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    i'm sorry i started all of this. $#@! me.
    That's what you get for playing the Devils advocate

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    "Actually they did" ^^ was your comment in response to Two4damoney saying Sony paid off the e3 crowd too. So yes you did say Sony paid them. Get your story straight. And your comment also does suggest "Sony only" fans in fact "loaded it" with Sony fans but now youre denying you said that was well. Youre desperately reaching and failing miserably. lol
    What am I reaching for exactly, the only thing I can think of is you feel that it was bad idea that Sony let people in. Why? DO you not like that idea?

I though it was a smart move to let the public in on it.

And yes they did kind of "pay" because those seats were paid for by Sony...but really..

"free seats" and "pay people" isn't even remotely the same dam thing.

You trying to hard to disprove something that happened, and it was perfectly fine for it to happen, it was bloody smart to do it.

I'm not accusing Sony of anything other than having brains.

Thats right you dont know and you do have no idea so why were you calling it #truthfact earlier in the thread? Contradicting yourself yet again. lol
    I know fans were let in where they normally aren't.

#truthfact

What I don't know is how they all got there or found out about it. Nor do I care, short of them being giant Xbox trolls, it was always a smart move.
    Last edited by mynd; 09-16-2013 at 07:53.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Christopher and admartian already explained why youre reaching as did I. Youre comments are based on pure speculation and conjecture. How do you know these were all Sony fans? They could have just been gaming fans in general. Sorry mynd but you have shown no proof of anything. No #truthfact to be found in your theory regarding Sony fans being loaded in.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-16-2013 at 08:32.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Christopher and admartian already explained why youre reaching as did I. Youre comments are based on pure speculation and conjecture. How do you know these were all Sony fans? They could have just been gaming fans in general. Sorry mynd but you have shown no proof of anything. No #truthfact to be found in your theory regarding Sony fans being loaded in.
    Thats because people are reading to much into it, Sony weren't looking to fill the crowd with cheerleaders (and I never said they were), all I said was, they filled it with Sony fans. How do I know they were Sony fans? Well who the hell else would have been there at 6 pm? Sailing boat fans? They were people interested in gaming, and specifically interested in what Sony had to say. This was the night before E3 started, no where near the convention center.They don't have to be the most ardent fans. Hell it's better for Soy if they aren't or it would look like they were paid. But whatever the circumstances the fact is that Sony let those who were keen to see what they had to say to the press, in at a press conference.

Reaching or whatever people feel I'm trying to say or point out, those are the facts.
    Last edited by mynd; 09-16-2013 at 08:48.

11. Likes F34R likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Thats because people are reading to much into it, Sony weren't looking to fill the crowd with cheerleaders (and I never said they were), all I said was, they filled it with Sony fans. How do I know they were Sony fans? Well who the hell else would have been there at 6 pm? Sailing boat fans? They were people interested in gaming, and specifically interested in what Sony had to say. They don't have to be the most ardent fans. Hell it's better for Soy if they aren't or it would look like they were paid. But whatever the circumstances the fact is that Sony let those who were keen to see what they had to say to the press, in at a press conference. Reaching or whatever people feel I'm trying to say or point out, those are the facts.
    People interested in games would have been there at 6pm. Were there Sony fans in there? Of course. Were there gamers in general in there? definitely. Anyway, you made it sound like you were saying that Sony paid the crowd and filled it full of Sony cheerleaders. Alot of other people in this thread interpreted your comments the same way. If you would have clarified your point better like you did just now we wouldn't have had this conversation. So now we know that isnt what you meant. Thankyou for finally making that clear.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-16-2013 at 09:01.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Thats because people are reading to much into it, Sony weren't looking to fill the crowd with cheerleaders (and I never said they were), all I said was, they filled it with Sony fans. How do I know they were Sony fans? Well who the hell else would have been there at 6 pm? Sailing boat fans? They were people interested in gaming, and specifically interested in what Sony had to say. This was the night before E3 started, no where near the convention center.They don't have to be the most ardent fans. Hell it's better for Soy if they aren't or it would look like they were paid. But whatever the circumstances the fact is that Sony let those who were keen to see what they had to say to the press, in at a press conference.

Reaching or whatever people feel I'm trying to say or point out, those are the facts.
    All that we know is that Sony let fans in. What type of fans they were is 100% speculation. Those are the facts.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Goodness.. all that over "Sony fans" instead of "fans". C'mon ya'll. Saying they weren't all Sony fans is just as much speculation as saying they were all Sony fans.

I think his points were fine, I think it was just taken to left field for no real reason at all lol.

15. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Georges_2251
    Items Final Fantasy Tactics
    Nothing is set in stone until the consoles are out and we have enough multiplatform 3rd party games to compare.
    Your sig is too friggin' big. Please change it. ~ PSU Staff

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Georges View Post
    Nothing is set in stone until the consoles are out and we have enough multiplatform 3rd party games to compare.
    Am I misreading you? Specs ARE set in stone, the consoles are in mass production, no room for specs changes anymore

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

18. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Georges_2251
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Am I misreading you? Specs ARE set in stone, the consoles are in mass production, no room for specs changes anymore

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2
    But the software is not. They are probably still working on optimizing it as much as possible.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I really doubt there will be much of a difference if any in multiplatform games. Exclusives are where we will see the real capabilities of these consoles.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Georges_2251
    I really doubt there will be much of a difference if any in multiplatform games. Exclusives are where we will see the real capabilities of these consoles.
    But the only way to compare is multiplatforms.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Now you see the futility.....

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    IMO, the only way to compare is by exclusives.
    The exclusives are the only games that really tap into the full power of each console.
    So by comparing exclusives you can compare the max power of each console.
    There's no way to judge based on 3rd party's because the stronger console is dumbed down to match the weaker.
    So IMO, the only way to compare the two console is by comparing exclusive titles.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    IMO, the only way to compare is by exclusives.
    The exclusives are the only games that really tap into the full power of each console.
    So by comparing exclusives you can compare the max power of each console.
    There's no way to judge based on 3rd party's because the stronger console is dumbed down to match the weaker.
    So IMO, the only way to compare the two console is by comparing exclusive titles.
    Not necessarily. Maybe comparing the best that the system has to offer. Like say TLOU and Halo 4. At least I think those are the best 2 that each system has to offer from a graphical stand point IMO. Not sure about Halo. Simply going off videos and images haven't played it. Maybe there is another out there that trumps it. Don't own a 360 anymore so maybe someone else can provide a better example of 360s power.

Some dev teams can pull more out of the system. Nd and GG are famous for having the best looking PS titles. I would say 343 and Epic for MS.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Superior Member
    Exactly. Last gen most 360 multi-platform games looked better than the ps3 verison. Some games took out ridiculous things from the ps3 version (blood pools in mafia 2) and worse grass in some games. They didnt "dumb it down" to the lowest common denominator then, so why should they do it this generation?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Disagree. Because 3rd party tends to go for console parity so as a result the more powerful system will be held back in order for the two versions be as equal as possible. 1st party however will let each platform stretch its legs because there is no worry about parity between versions.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by MossadAgentO View Post
    Exactly. Last gen most 360 multi-platform games looked better than the ps3 verison. Some games took out ridiculous things from the ps3 version (blood pools in mafia 2) and worse grass in some games. They didnt "dumb it down" to the lowest common denominator then, so why should they do it this generation?
    The difference is PS3 was just harder to code for. So alot of developers made 360 the lead platform and just ported over which is not the optimal way to do things for two platforms with such completely different architectures. As time went on multplatform games became more on par and even sometimes favoring the PS3. Some 3rd party even had separate teams coding the PS3 version. So parity was 3rd party developers goal. Both systems will now have identical architectures so console parity will definitely be achieved right away.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-17-2013 at 01:21.

Is this the greatest power disparity between same gen MSFT and Sony consoles? lf so it would be ironic since this generation has the most similar hardware.

Thread Information