Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Developer complaints confirm the unfinished state of the Xbox One

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Nothing new in that article. We have a handful of threads that has all this in it already.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    " Even though there are boxes of them*ready to be shipped*out to retailers all over the world, it is becoming painfully clear that Microsoft’s Xbox One console is not yet fully baked.Right now is crunch time for developers. The heat is on to get their launch day games polished and ready to go alongside the*PS4*and the*Xbox One. This is also the time where Microsoft and Sony are putting the final touches on things like drivers for their hardware.In a perfect world, everything would come together at the end and the consoles would launch to smiling crowds everywhere. Unfortunately, unless Microsoft can get it in gear, it is going to be obvious to early adopters that Sony was far better prepared for launch than*Microsoft.It’s not news that Sony is going to beat Microsoft this go around when it comes to raw hardware. In a race of pure specs, Sony is going to walk away the winner. Plus, unlike the last generation, there’s no learning curve for developers to take advantage of that hardware because it’s x86.When asking developers what their experiences have been so far with software, the commentary shifted dramatically in Sony’s favor. While neither console is ready with perfectly tweaked drivers for their hardware, Microsoft has been lagging behind Sony with updates such that the*experience between the two devices*is now absolutely noticeable for developers. One in particular described them as horrible, while another explained that a platform-agnostic development build would run at 30fps in 1920 x 1080 on the PS4, but “20-something” FPS in 1600 x 900 on the Xbox One. That’s significant.Coupled with the repeated reports of Microsoft still not showing off launch games on their own console, and instead using PCs that grossly outperform the console those games are expected to run on, it’s becoming increasingly clear that Xbox One users will see updates after launch to finish bringing the console up to where it belongs"

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Nothing new in that article. We have a handful of threads that has all this in it already.
    They know that F34R.......ohhhh do they know.

Ancient
    I just hope for my fellow gamers with Rose tinted glasses that the build quality isn't under par, Console warriors aside.
    No one wishes a dud console on anyone, its not nice to pay out that kind of money for a badly built machine because the maker's rush things.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

6. Likes JDizzleNO1 wishes they had posted this first.
    Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    I just hope for my fellow gamers with Rose tinted glasses that the build quality isn't under par, Console warriors aside.
    No one wishes a dud console on anyone, its not nice to pay out that kind of money for a badly built machine because the maker's rush things.

Nothing an RROD type free replacement, 3 year extended warranty and console redesign wouldn't fix. As long as they make it up to us like that, I'm cool.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Nothing an RROD type free replacement, 3 year extended warranty and console redesign wouldn't fix. As long as they make it up to us like that, I'm cool.
    One would hope they had learnt their lesson. While they did acknowledge the RROD and put all those extra warranties in place, it would be safe to say MS would not want to go through that again...

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post

Its the API/Frimware that they are still working on.

Lets not forget they said this thing will require a day one patch, because well...shit they are making them now and the firmware clearly still has some way to go (although Penello said they are making "great strides" -frankly you'd hope so).
    I don't think you have to worry about the hardware, MS are at pains to explain this beast would rather shut down it's cores than overheat.
    Last edited by mynd; 09-14-2013 at 08:47.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sajuuk Khar View Post
    One would hope they had learnt their lesson. While they did acknowledge the RROD and put all those extra warranties in place, it would be safe to say MS would not want to go through that again...
    I agree. But if something does go wrong, I have confidence we will be taken care of. Sony did the same thing when they hooked up PSN members after it went down for all that time from the hack.

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    What Developers? Its a bunch of lies and made up stuff. The developers are under strict NDA and can't talk about the x1 games, hardware or devkits.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

12. Dislikes Peregrin8X is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    What Developers? Its a bunch of lies and made up stuff. The developers are under strict NDA and can't talk about the x1 games, hardware or devkits.
    So im guessing you work for Sony and broke NDA on their lack of R&D and all... Gotcha!!!

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

14. Likes Peregrin8X, Shingo , mistercrow wishes they had posted this first.
    Super Elite
    Lol.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    lol

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Funny because you and others keep posting articles where devs talk about xbone. Oh wait those are positive and exception to rule lol
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

18. Likes Peregrin8X, daLa, PhillyPhreak, mistercrow wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Guru
    That is funny considering we got loads of threads with interviews from developers talking about the xbone hardware, games, devkits. Don't tell me Albert Penello is a troll.

20. Likes Peregrin8X wishes they had posted this first.
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanehead View Post
    That is funny considering we got loads of threads with interviews from developers talking about the xbone hardware, games, devkits. Don't tell me Albert Penello is a troll.
    Ryse polycounts and development prowess LIES confirmed by The Sith!!!

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

22. Likes Peregrin8X, mistercrow wishes they had posted this first.
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Oh Sith...can we talk about it over on Facebook? whats really ailing you? Lol, you seem rattled

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

24. Likes Peregrin8X wishes they had posted this first.
    Super Elite

The comments below the article are funny. Of course it's not done, they have to re-write the entire OS after all the 180's. Think about it, all these features were built for Xbox One "from the ground up". That means they had to burn down the house (so to speak) and build a new OS "from the ground up".
    Last edited by Typical guy; 09-14-2013 at 20:44.

Superior Member
    Smh....come on man, where's there's smoke there's fire. Don't be so naive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    The comments below the article are funny. Of course it's not done, they have to re-write the entire OS after all the 180's. Think about it, all these features were built for Xbox One "from the ground up". That means they had to burn down the house (so to speak) and build a new OS "from the ground up".

not really about the OS but the drivers

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post

exactly.. all this is is some sort of internet "journalist" trying to come off informed by collectively summating "dev" rumors, passing them as fact, and posting it like he has accurate inside info.

I am not saying some of the "devs" said some of these things, but this article is nothing more than a literal gathering of the latest rumors into one article and like F34R said, we have discussions all over already.

Super Elite
    These are the kind of articles that generate hits. I commend psu for not acting this way.

Nothing wrong with writing it as long as u have real sources to back it up.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    i really wanted to be excited for the XB1. I was a launch day Xbox (the real xbox 1) buyer. I loved that system. It fell out of a 2 story window into my back yard and still worked flawlessly for many years. I bought a 360 at launch. It RR'd on me 2 months later. I had it replaced. The replacement RR'd about 3 weeks later. I had it replaced again. That one lasted for about 3 months. RR'd.

I bought a PS3 because i got so damn frustrated by my system being plagued by red rings. It worked masterfully for about 4 years, then my blu ray drive failed. Sent it in, got it back within a week.

After everything ive heard about MS trying to be dicks with DRM, turning around on that stand, yield issues, the existence of Windows 8 (it doesnt fucking work), and a really shitty name for its newest console to boot, unless they announce i can get this console just by signing up for a new version of XBL, like, XBL Platinum for 100 bucks a year and they give me the console without the stupid kinect that nobody honestly gives a shit about, (nobody gives a shit about move either) i just dont have any confidence in microsoft at this point.

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. Ive got a shitload of bubble gum"

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    http://www.geek.com/games/developer-...x-one-1570747/

Even though there are boxes of them ready to be shipped out to retailers all over the world, it is becoming painfully clear that Microsoft’s Xbox One console is not yet fully baked.

Right now is crunch time for developers. The heat is on to get their launch day games polished and ready to go alongside the PS4 and the Xbox One. This is also the time where Microsoft and Sony are putting the final touches on things like drivers for their hardware.

In a perfect world, everything would come together at the end and the consoles would launch to smiling crowds everywhere. Unfortunately, unless Microsoft can get it in gear, it is going to be obvious to early adopters that Sony was far better prepared for launch than Microsoft.

It’s not news that Sony is going to beat Microsoft this go around when it comes to raw hardware. In a race of pure specs, Sony is going to walk away the winner. Plus, unlike the last generation, there’s no learning curve for developers to take advantage of that hardware because it’s x86.

When asking developers what their experiences have been so far with software, the commentary shifted dramatically in Sony’s favor. While neither console is ready with perfectly tweaked drivers for their hardware, Microsoft has been lagging behind Sony with updates such that the experience between the two devices is now absolutely noticeable for developers. One in particular described them as horrible, while another explained that a platform-agnostic development build would run at 30fps in 1920 x 1080 on the PS4, but “20-something” FPS in 1600 x 900 on the Xbox One. That’s significant.

Coupled with the repeated reports of Microsoft still not showing off launch games on their own console, and instead using PCs that grossly outperform the console those games are expected to run on, it’s becoming increasingly clear that Xbox One users will see updates after launch to finish bringing the console up to where it belongs.
    The PS4 can't get here soon enough. We are going to be loaded to the teeth with video games. This is a good time to be a PS4 gamer.

32. Likes mistercrow wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    J Allard would have never let this happen.

34. Likes Justin wishes they had posted this first.

Thread Information