Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    J Allard would have never let this happen.
    Or Peter Moore.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Elite Guru

"We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that (developers) want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is, what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"
    --Kaz Hirai, CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

3. Likes MjW likes this post
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by X2 View Post

that is one of the most epic gifs...

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    " Even though there are boxes of them*ready to be shipped*out to retailers all over the world, it is becoming painfully clear that Microsoft’s Xbox One console is not yet fully baked.Right now is crunch time for developers. The heat is on to get their launch day games polished and ready to go alongside the*PS4*and the*Xbox One. This is also the time where Microsoft and Sony are putting the final touches on things like drivers for their hardware.In a perfect world, everything would come together at the end and the consoles would launch to smiling crowds everywhere. Unfortunately, unless Microsoft can get it in gear, it is going to be obvious to early adopters that Sony was far better prepared for launch than*Microsoft.It’s not news that Sony is going to beat Microsoft this go around when it comes to raw hardware. In a race of pure specs, Sony is going to walk away the winner. Plus, unlike the last generation, there’s no learning curve for developers to take advantage of that hardware because it’s x86.When asking developers what their experiences have been so far with software, the commentary shifted dramatically in Sony’s favor. While neither console is ready with perfectly tweaked drivers for their hardware, Microsoft has been lagging behind Sony with updates such that the*experience between the two devices*is now absolutely noticeable for developers. One in particular described them as horrible, while another explained that a platform-agnostic development build would run at 30fps in 1920 x 1080 on the PS4, but “20-something” FPS in 1600 x 900 on the Xbox One. That’s significant.Coupled with the repeated reports of Microsoft still not showing off launch games on their own console, and instead using PCs that grossly outperform the console those games are expected to run on, it’s becoming increasingly clear that Xbox One users will see updates after launch to finish bringing the console up to where it belongs"

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    BOOM didn't MS get busted at e3 when someone went under the kiosk and seen them running these games on a desktop cpu?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] In the darkest abyss I still see you with my perfect sharigan young jedi!

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by dondidit View Post
    BOOM didn't MS get busted at e3 when someone went under the kiosk and seen them running these games on a desktop cpu?
    It was EA, and they freely admitted they were running PC's.
    All of MS's games (Forza, RYSE and Dead Rising) have been running on Xbox One's.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    " Even though there are boxes of them*ready to be shipped*out to retailers all over the world, it is becoming painfully clear that Microsoftís Xbox One console is not yet fully baked.Right now is crunch time for developers. The heat is on to get their launch day games polished and ready to go alongside the*PS4*and the*Xbox One. This is also the time where Microsoft and Sony are putting the final touches on things like drivers for their hardware.In a perfect world, everything would come together at the end and the consoles would launch to smiling crowds everywhere. Unfortunately, unless Microsoft can get it in gear, it is going to be obvious to early adopters that Sony was far better prepared for launch than*Microsoft.Itís not news that Sony is going to beat Microsoft this go around when it comes to raw hardware. In a race of pure specs, Sony is going to walk away the winner. Plus, unlike the last generation, thereís no learning curve for developers to take advantage of that hardware because itís x86.When asking developers what their experiences have been so far with software, the commentary shifted dramatically in Sonyís favor. While neither console is ready with perfectly tweaked drivers for their hardware, Microsoft has been lagging behind Sony with updates such that the*experience between the two devices*is now absolutely noticeable for developers. One in particular described them as horrible, while another explained that a platform-agnostic development build would run at 30fps in 1920 x 1080 on the PS4, but ď20-somethingĒ FPS in 1600 x 900 on the Xbox One. Thatís significant.Coupled with the repeated reports of Microsoft still not showing off launch games on their own console, and instead using PCs that grossly outperform the console those games are expected to run on, itís becoming increasingly clear that Xbox One users will see updates after launch to finish bringing the console up to where it belongs"

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    People forget the original and long term Live team got scrambled in 2010 when Balmer decided to stick his nose in there.
    Under that direction, MS Would ship an XBO with Blue Screening and then 'release a service patch for it' later.

Ultimate Veteran
    I think it's PR when Ms said that the xbone is in production

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    I think it's PR when Ms said that the xbone is in production
    O. M. G!!!! If there is a day one patch for te thing as soon as I plug it in there will be TROUBLE in this HIZZZOUS!

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    the irony of this coming from you lol

Forum Sage

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    the irony of this coming from you lol
    And the irony of you pointing out the irony.

Superior Member
    The .gif is hilarious! Console wars = Facts, numbers, speculation from people that dont know a thing about specs; all repeating the same thing over and over like saying it will make it true!!

14. Likes Sajuuk Khar likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Nothing an RROD type free replacement, 3 year extended warranty and console redesign wouldn't fix. As long as they make it up to us like that, I'm cool.
    really, you'd be alright with that again?

ok, there's a lot that we learn through these discussions...this gif is pretty close because it's describing about 95% of the forums out there...we are the other percentage here for the most part. we do have a small percentage that does the same though.

but my question is this, what are you doing here if you just want to play games? i want to play games and discuss games/specs etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by MossadAgentO View Post
    The .gif is hilarious! Console wars = Facts, numbers, speculation from people that dont know a thing about specs; all repeating the same thing over and over like saying it will make it true!!

but we do know about specs. there's a lot of stuff we already knew before the reveals happened. what are you on about?

16. Likes PS4THEWIN likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    And the irony of you pointing out the irony.
    Haha try again . You should know better historian

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Nothing an RROD type free replacement, 3 year extended warranty and console redesign wouldn't fix. As long as they make it up to us like that, I'm cool.
    So youre "cool" with going through all that again? Wow, no wonder MS thought they could get away with all that DRM crap and why they feel that they can make Kinect mandatory and pass the extra cost onto the consumer. Guess MS knows there are plenty of consumers willing to bend over for them. As for me I'm definitely not "cool" with another gen of malfunctioning consoles from either company.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-15-2013 at 15:44.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    So youre "cool" with going through all that again? Wow, no wonder MS thought they could get away with all that DRM crap and why they feel that they can make Kinect mandatory and pass the extra cost onto the consumer. Guess MS knows there are plenty of consumers willing to bend over for them. As for me I'm definitely not "cool" with another gen of malfunctioning consoles from either company.
    Lol the seed was planted a long time ago

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Lol the seed was planted a long time ago Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    Sad but true.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    First of all....it took nearly 2 years for my launch day console to RROD. If memory serves me right, I had my replacement console within 10 days of me shipping out my bad one. My replacement console has had no issues and I still use it to this day.

I've been slightly inconvenienced, but certainly not bent over. And extending my warranty to 3 years with a pretty much no questions asked, free replacement with free shipping policy.... I feel like I was taken care of. Plus the fact they redesigned the later consoles to fix the problem made me happy as well.

I remember the prices Sony was charging people to repair the PS3's YLOD problem that were out of warranty that made me even more appreciative of MS's 3-year tripling of their warranty.

The fact Microsoft decided to bend over for it's consumers and do the right thing instead of bending us over may have a little to do with my tolerance of this. The other reason is because I love the platform, so I'm willing to tolerate stuff a little more then I otherwise would with things I don't love.

22. Likes F34R likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    First of all....it took nearly 2 years for my launch day console to RROD. If memory serves me right, I had my replacement console within 10 days of me shipping out my bad one. My replacement console has had no issues and I still use it to this day.

I've been slightly inconvenienced, but certainly not bent over. And extending my warranty to 3 years with a pretty much no questions asked, free replacement with free shipping policy.... I feel like I was taken care of. Plus the fact they redesigned the later consoles to fix the problem made me happy as well.

I remember the prices Sony was charging people to repair the PS3's YLOD problem that were out of warranty that made me even more appreciative of MS's 3-year tripling of their warranty.

The fact Microsoft decided to bend over for it's consumers and do the right thing instead of bending us over may have a little to do with my tolerance of this. The other reason is because I love the platform, so I'm willing to tolerate stuff a little more then I otherwise would with things I don't love.
    MS did good on the warranty but they did not bend over for consummers, they were facing a collective lawsuit and decided to fix the problem before it went public. Much like their "we listened to consummers" for all the 180's bull$#@!. (funny they starterd listening AFTER they noticed the low pre-orders and NOT during the actual backlash based on rumors BEFORE they even revealed the x1).

Dont kid yourself, Neither MS nor SONY fix problems because they want to, its because they are forced to one way or another. Just like every recalls out there for any products from any corporations facing large amounts of backlash.

Before MS changed their warranty, do you actually believe people didnt have to pay to repair their RROD?

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

24. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    What Developers? Its a bunch of lies and made up stuff. The developers are under strict NDA and can't talk about the x1 games, hardware or devkits.
    i know others have quoted you with lol, but...

lol

Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    What Developers? Its a bunch of lies and made up stuff. The developers are under strict NDA and can't talk about the x1 games, hardware or devkits.
    Keep up the good work.

27. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    MS did good on the warranty but they did not bend over for consummers, they were facing a collective lawsuit and decided to fix the problem before it went public. Much like their "we listened to consummers" for all the 180's bull$#@!. (funny they starterd listening AFTER they noticed the low pre-orders and NOT during the actual backlash based on rumors BEFORE they even revealed the x1). Dont kid yourself, Neither MS nor SONY fix problems because they want to, its because they are forced to one way or another. Just like every recalls out there for any products from any corporations facing large amounts of backlash. Before MS changed their warranty, do you actually believe people didnt have to pay to repair their RROD? Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2
    Yep exactly. These corporations dont do this stuff out of the goodness of their hearts. And no "love" for any platform is going to make me "cool with" or "willing to tolerate" shoddy hardware for another gen.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-15-2013 at 17:42.

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    J Allard would have never let this happen.
    Allard would have been too easy trying to look like a hipster linkin park look alike and trying to be a xtreme sports enthusiast and crashing his mountain bike in response to a major mid-life crisis.

Extreme Poster

So you love it because it broke and they gave you a new one? Alright.

I guess more companies should use this strat.

31. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    MS did good on the warranty but they did not bend over for consummers, they were facing a collective lawsuit and decided to fix the problem before it went public. Much like their "we listened to consummers" for all the 180's bull$#@!. (funny they starterd listening AFTER they noticed the low pre-orders and NOT during the actual backlash based on rumors BEFORE they even revealed the x1).

Dont kid yourself, Neither MS nor SONY fix problems because they want to, its because they are forced to one way or another. Just like every recalls out there for any products from any corporations facing large amounts of backlash.

Before MS changed their warranty, do you actually believe people didnt have to pay to repair their RROD?

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't give a $#@! WHY companies do good things for their customers, as long as it gets done. And you are right.... companies don't do things out of love for their customers. They do it if it's good business. And avoiding lawsuits is good business.

As for the DRM 180? I find it funny how SOME Sony fans say Sony didn't implement DRM out of the goodness of their heart. That they did it cuz they CARE for their customers. The TRUTH is...they would have done it if they could have gotten away with it. Rootkit DRM PROVED they were willing to do such things and their filed DRM patents PROVE they definitely wanted to keep the option on the table. If not for the PS4...maybe the PS5 or PS6....who knows.

That's why I find it disingenuous when people say they won't buy an Xbox One...despite their 180 on DRM..... because MS was TRYING to screw their customers with DRM...... but are FULLY willing to overlook the fact Sony actually went through with implementing DRM with Rooykit for 2 full years.

I don't know where these people's crazy logic stems from..... but common logic says that you should be MORE pissed at a company that has actually SCREWED their consumers over with DRM.... then you should be at a company that merely ATTEMPTED to screw it's consumers over with DRM.

That's either long term memory loss...... blue tinted glasses.... or BOTH. Cuz they come off as complete hypocrites.

And....as for those that paid for their RROD fix? If memory serves me right, MS offered to reimburse retroactively those that had sent their RROD consoles in to MS for a paid repair.

33. Likes F34R likes this post

Thread Information