Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 7
    Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    MS has confirmed that some devs, including their 1st party studios, aren't happy with the drivers.

“The other is that any time that you ask a developer – including, by the way, our own internal studios – in the run up to launch of a console you’re going to get a slightly nuanced answer because the operating system’s not finished, the performance of the machine’s not locked
    http://www.edge-online.com/news/xbox...ower-struggle/

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Here is what the article s really about.

Xbox’s Phil Harrison and PlayStation’s Fergal Gara on the next gen power struggle

Xbox’s Phil Harrison and PlayStation’s Fergal Gara have responded to developer claims that PS4 is currently the more powerful console.
    In a report we published last month, several senior developers working with both consoles told us that PS4 was around 50 per faster than its rival, with the differences between the consoles’ performance “significant” and “obvious”. “Xbox One is weaker and it’s a pain to use its ESRAM,” concluded one developer.
    Last week at Eurogamer Expo, we asked Phil Harrison, corporate vice president of Microsoft’s interactive entertainment business, if he had received similar feedback from developers working with both consoles.
    “Well I think there’s a couple of things I would say, one is that every platform I’ve ever been involved in somebody has said ‘oh, this has got more gigaflops or more teraflops than the other one,’ and at the end of the day it never really matters,” he told us. “It’s all about having the best games and having the most impressive experiences, and clearly Xbox One has the best games. So that would be my first response.”
    “The other is that any time that you ask a developer – including, by the way, our own internal studios – in the run up to launch of a console you’re going to get a slightly nuanced answer because the operating system’s not finished, the performance of the machine’s not locked, and as you may be aware we can increase CPU and GPU capability on Xbox One,” continued Harrison. “So I think it’s impossible to draw any conclusions from that based on pre-launch unfinished hardware and unfinished operating systems.
    “My main response is going to be always that it’s about having the best game experiences and the widest possible set of content that people want to play.”

We also asked the SCE VP and managing director for the UK and Ireland Fergal Gara if developer feedback tallies with our report. “We are getting similar feedback, and the overwhelming thing is that developers are delighted with PlayStation 4,” he told us. “It’s a big step on for us from PlayStation 3 which was less easy and there was a lot of work to be done post day one. This time we’re in very very good shape.”
    “[Developers are] such an enormously important community to the success of the device,” he continued. “You heard Mark Cerny say back in February that it was five years of listening and responding – it has got to yield a good result, so having the developer at the core of your thinking right from the start has delivered that spec, and delivered the development tools that they’re all finding so easy.
    “So yes, there’s no glass ceiling in terms of what [developers] want to do, and it’s easy to do it. They are two incredibly strong bits of feedback and we’re really proud of it.”

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    It doesn't matter what else is said. MS still confirms the driver issues that even their own first party studios are having.

most of these negative rumors have come true about the xbone.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    It doesn't matter what else is said. MS still confirms the driver issues that even their own first party studios are having.

most of these negative rumors have come true about the xbone.
    Drivers and os will be worked on even after launch. It's software and it's normal.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Drivers and os will be worked on even after launch. It's software and it's normal.
    that all depends. if they have already reserved RAM for the OS then it's not a big deal, if they haven't then that's a problem.

also, i can't see them being successful with metro thrown in the mix. having multiple OSs can't be that simple or smooth. i think windows 8 is the culprit.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    that all depends. if they have already reserved RAM for the OS then it's not a big deal, if they haven't then that's a problem.
    Dude, this MS. Look at what they accomplished with only 512 mb on the 360. Now they have more,plus 8gb of flash. No problems.

also, i can't see them being successful with metro thrown in the mix. having multiple OSs can't be that simple or smooth. i think windows 8 is the culprit.
    Don't bet on that one. Multiple os was the way to go.

Forum Overseer

Dude, this MS. Look at what they accomplished with only 512 mb on the 360. Now they have more,plus 8gb of flash. No problems.

Don't bet on that one. Multiple os was the way to go.
    I'm not quite sure if you understand. It's easier to work with a "simpler" OS. Because they're trying to accomplish several tasks with the console (thus why it has multiple OSs), it's not going to be an easy feat. Which is interesting because now we can say that this IS MS and if it's taking them this much time to get it sorted then it was definitely difficult (as one would think).

this completely explains why they didn't announce the date. they weren't finished as i presumed. MS is trying to accomplish a lot more with the X1's features than Sony is with the PS4's features.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I'm not quite sure if you understand. It's easier to work with a "simpler" OS. Because they're trying to accomplish several tasks with the console (thus why it has multiple OSs), it's not going to be an easy feat. Which is interesting because now we can say that this IS MS and if it's taking them this much time to get it sorted then it was definitely difficult (as one would think).
    Of course multiple OSs will be difficult. The 360 didn't get to where it is overnight. I don't expect it to be perfect out of the gate, but i Know MS will keep improving it over time. It's something that they do well.

this completely explains why they didn't announce the date. they weren't finished as i presumed. MS is trying to accomplish a lot more with the X1's features than Sony is with the PS4's features.
    It's never really in a finished state. They aren't just trying to do more than sony , they are.

Forum Overseer

Of course multiple OSs will be difficult. The 360 didn't get to where it is overnight. I don't expect it to be perfect out of the gate, but i Know MS will keep improving it over time. It's something that they do well.
    lol. again, it's not about being perfect out the gate. it's all about what their plans are. they might be changing some things around because of their policies and/or features they might not now deem attractive. or might be adding things. we don't know. but they haven't finalized the OS yet. that has nothing to do with what it will do out the door, but they have to finalize the "backbone" of the OS. meaning, once they reserve the space they think they need until this console is discontinued, they cannot change that anymore. it is possible that they might be changing that right now. because again, they're fiddling with three OSs.
    It's never really in a finished state. They aren't just trying to do more than sony , they are.
    you're taking this argument to somewhere else. reason i said trying is because they're not done yet but yes, they will be doing more than Sony once they're finished.

Thread Information