PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Naughty Dog: PS4 could help us add dynamism to story telling

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I'm quite surprised at what the PS3 can do with only the amount of memory they had to work with. Same goes with Battlefield 3. Just amazing. The fact that the PS4 is using really good and fast ram, I can't wait to see what they create now. And how much they can pack in within a short time since they catered the system around ease of development.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    I can't wait. I was thinking of how awesome it would be to play a game that was really insanely dynamic and changing depending on your actions. ND will more than likely be the ones to do it too.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    I'm quite surprised at what the PS3 can do with only the amount of memory they had to work with. Same goes with Battlefield 3. Just amazing. The fact that the PS4 is using really good and fast ram, I can't wait to see what they create now. And how much they can pack in within a short time since they catered the system around ease of development.
    Agreed. They did amazing stuff with the PS3 but thinking about what ND will do with the PS4 is..http://whinybaby.files.wordpress.com...mind-blown.jpg

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I really hope they do an Uncharted game. I already miss Nathan Drake.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Naughty Dog and Quantic Dream should work together on the greatest game ever conceived. Lol! Yeah right.
    Those two are the greatest story tellers in games period.
    I can't wait to see what those two are gonna bring to the table this upcoming gen.
    With the 50% more powerful rumor supposedly true (will see) Sony should try and get some new first party studios to work for them, because of the way things work, the PS4 could be 10x more powerful, but devs are only gonna make games as powerful as the weaker console unfortunately, so the more first party studios Sony has on their side the more games that can really push the PS4.
    I mean the first year or so of games that we were shown consists of Killzone, Infamous, The Order, Deep Down and whatever else I forgot.
    Those games look fantastic for the first year of games on a new console. I can't wait to see what comes out of Sony's devs come up with it he upcoming years.
    PS4Life!
    Last edited by TEST SUBJECT 83; 09-14-2013 at 19:18.

Veteran
    There is a lot of fixation on the RAM but people aren't remembering what Cerny said. The contiguous RAM also allows for advanced GPGPU computations. If you ever see the simulation spring-damper-mass model used for each individual polygon in a human character to allow muscles to ripple, veins to expand and pulse like they are going to pop, dimples to form, lips to pucker and sneer, etc., multiply that mathematical model by 1 million polygons, the solutions needing to be crunched in fractions of fractions of seconds, then think about what ND is referring to as dynamism.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

8. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I really hope they do an Uncharted game. I already miss Nathan Drake.
    Same here.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    Im absolutely terrified of what im going to see from ND on the PS4. Terrified to the point that what ever they put out, i know im going to have to buy a pack of Depends adult diapers for when i sit down and play their game, because i know im going to crap my pants. I thought the Uncharted series was quite literally the pinnacle of story telling in games for me personally, with the Mass Effect series being such a close second that they were like a 1a and 1b. Then i played The Last of Us. And now i look at the Uncharted series and think "Wow, what crap you are all of a sudden".

Whatever Naughty Dog does next, we shall all fall in line, and have its awesomeness shoved down our throats, choke on it, and we will respond with a very hearty "Thank you sir may i have another".

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. Ive got a shitload of bubble gum"

11. Likes KungMartin90 likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    The fact that there are some PS3 games that look the way they do considering the hardware they had to work with is nothing short of miracle in my honest opinion.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    There is a lot of fixation on the RAM but people aren't remembering what Cerny said. The contiguous RAM also allows for advanced GPGPU computations. If you ever see the simulation spring-damper-mass model used for each individual polygon in a human character to allow muscles to ripple, veins to expand and pulse like they are going to pop, dimples to form, lips to pucker and sneer, etc., multiply that mathematical model by 1 million polygons, the solutions needing to be crunched in fractions of fractions of seconds, then think about what ND is referring to as dynamism.
    That's one possibility, a little unlikely but still possible. Being Naughty dog all we need to hear is, Uncharted 4: Return to the best jungle ever!

PSN ID
    Loopoiu
    I can't wait for the next uncharted and by seeing this it's gonna be amazing

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    I can't wait for whats next from naughty dog. The last of us was incredible, visually, and detail wise.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Don't think our minds are ready for what they are cooking up because minds will be blown

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabjabs View Post
    That's one possibility, a little unlikely but still possible. Being Naughty dog all we need to hear is, Uncharted 4: Return to the best jungle ever!
    ND is already experimenting with it in TLOU, with Ellie making the lip blubber noise, sighs, and rasberry expressions. Also, while all the focus has been on photorealistic modeling and texturing, the characters are still dynamically static. That is, when we are around real people, everybody has slight chest heaving from breathing that we notice subconsciously. In video games, even when a character is very real, it still looks like a moving mannequin. Also, as great as ND is, they haven't been big users of physics dynamics, destructible environments (very scripted when they are used) and several other areas they could expand on if they had more computational horsepower. Their strength is in storytelling, that is their top priority, so more dynamic effects are going to be just more delicious icing on the cake, sweet.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Power Member
    Well if any company is going to be able to do it, it's ND. Can't wait to see what they bring to this gen.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    crazy_gooner
    I listen to everything Nd say. They've given the best triology of this gen Imo with Uncharted, and the best game of this gen with The Last Of Us.

Lightbulb Compute showing up early! (Knack, Res0gun, Deep Down, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post

this is true. i think everything will look exceptional
    the devs who will separate themselves from everyone else will have exceptional looking games as well as heavy Compute usage {i.e. SONY First & Second Party, also Third Party Exclusives}

heres an early glimpse of some Compute Based Gameplay made possible by the magic of HUMA

[SIGPIC]http://www.psu.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=196590&dateline=12571 03452[/SIGPIC]I live capriciously...

Thread Information