Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Loyal-to-LFC & DaveNI1979
    Items PS3 SlimLiverpool

GTA V delivered 3 days early with amazon.co.uk

They delivered it 3 days early, was amazed. But various ones on my psn friends list been saying I could get banned for playing it. I dont see why as its not my fault I got the game early. Btw its brilliant, graphics are not blurry anymore and cars handle better. Just played about 5 hours of it as all the football was on today as well.

ps that damn istall of 8.5gb seemed to take forever. Prob around 25mins.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveNI1979 View Post
    They delivered it 3 days early, was amazed. But various ones on my psn friends list been saying I could get banned for playing it. I dont see why as its not my fault I got the game early. Btw its brilliant, graphics are not blurry anymore and cars handle better. Just played about 5 hours of it as all the football was on today as well.

if you bought it you won't get banned

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Items PS3 SlimLiverpool
    Yeah I bought it, cost me 15.00 in total, they give me 20 for my last of us trade in.

Dedicated Member
    Yeah I bought it, cost me 15.00 in total, they give me 20 for my last of us trade in.
    I started telling people days ago street date was broken, i just didn't say how! Now i'll say. A friend of mine in Germany had hers delivered on Tuesday!

Dude, you'r fine, go play. She's had hers up and running on XBL since Tuesday night.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths

Only 360 bans u.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Items PS3 SlimLiverpool
    Thank guys. Anyone want any info on it spoiler free of course I will answer questions on it if anyones interested.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Are the cops a pain in the ass? In gta4, you could hardly do anything and not get in trouble for it.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Items PS3 SlimLiverpool
    Good question. They seem to be toned down. Ive only been chased once and that was due to the mission I was in. They were easy to shake. I just hid out out of view down a ditch from the road. The cop cars went back and forth a few times and then that was it. In just normal free roam mode ive crashed into people a few times and i remember in last game if you did that cops would be on your ass more often. So id say they are still a presence but toned down.

9. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Thank guys. Anyone want any info on it spoiler free of course I will answer questions on it if anyones interested.
    I Can't get spoiler info from u?

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

PSN ID
    Kempy_161
    how do the cars handle?, do they still feel like they have weight and realism to them or are they more like saints row?

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Items PS3 SlimLiverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    I Can't get spoiler info from u?

Dont want to ruin any story plot info for anyone but anything else is fine. There is a funny scene with a dog called chop early on in the game. Thats all im saying haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Kempy_161 View Post
    how do the cars handle?, do they still feel like they have weight and realism to them or are they more like saints row?
    The cars are beastly, I cant compare to saints row as I never played any of them games, but compared to the last gta 4 if you lose control they arnt as tail happy and can be driven at speed. Brakes are very good too. Ive driven a few supercars, gt40 etc already.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    you referring to when franklin and chop are on the hunt? I think its cool that you can play fetch and send him home by himself

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    that's mental that you have it so early, I'm hoping to get it monday as Game either deliver the game a day early or on release

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Items PS3 SlimLiverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    you referring to when franklin and chop are on the hunt? I think its cool that you can play fetch and send him home by himself
    I wasnt really sure what I was doing when I was doing that mission, the dog wandered off cus I didnt know how to train him or even how to swap to his viewpoint and when I caught up with him he was in a very compromising situation lol.

Apprentice

Man that's lucky, mine has been despatched today by Amazon, but I'm guessing it will be here Tuesday but I'm wishing for Monday lol...Enjoy

Veteran
    That's really cool and I was going to ask about the install, figured it'd take a while but thanks for answering already. One quick question, in your opinion does GTA V live up to the hype?

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Items PS3 SlimLiverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    That's really cool and I was going to ask about the install, figured it'd take a while but thanks for answering already. One quick question, in your opinion does GTA V live up to the hype?
    Yes it does! Cant fault it so far.

Veteran
    Yes it does! Cant fault it so far.
    Great, thanks

Btw another reason why the PS3 is a better console than X360
    http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...d-theft-auto-v

Sony doesn't punish their users because of someone else mistakes, it's not like customers make the retailers send them the copies early.

Forum Overseer
    how's the frame rate, does it drop below 30fps? far below like GT4? probably not right?

are the controls smoother? maybe closer to popular shooters like COD/BF3? this was somewhat of an issue with me but nothing horrible.

can you play the game co-op? or are there online co-op missions? i heard they said you have online missions but didn't say if you can do those with your friends. i would definitely like the option to complete the campaign with a friend though.

maybe too early to tell but are you able to replay previous campaign missions? i would like that ability.

is there a hardcore mode? or will it open once the game is finished? if there is one, what is it like? i want to know how much realism is there in the game.

which brings me to my next question, do they have enough options to turn things on/off? what sort of options are there that we can play with?

is there a point of money now? my biggest issue with GTA (which is ironically trivial because no other game to select, it's a monopoly lol) is that i have no desire to care about getting money...as you can't do anything with it anyway. fixing this would immensely make the game loads better.

related question, are guns more difficult to buy? (require more money?) and are they more realistically presented when you can have them in your pad? previously they'd just show up in your house like a game item in Quake 3. i'd like it if you had your own collection room where you could pull out any gun you wanted. would be nice.

can't think of anything else, i don't want to ask about the actual gun play because that'd be difficult to explain and i feel that it would either make or break the game for me. but either way doesn't matter because i want to experience the game regardless.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Hey sufi gta online starts two weeks after the release date.

Forum Overseer
    doh. thats right.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    I get a question is the main guys son played by little pete from the adv of pete and pete.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Those who were able to play the game during the weekend were very lucky. I will be able only to play it on Tuesday as it releases, then will have to wait until the weekend.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Items PS3 SlimLiverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    how's the frame rate, does it drop below 30fps? far below like GT4? probably not right?------ Frame rate seems fine, never noticed any tearing etc

are the controls smoother? maybe closer to popular shooters like COD/BF3? this was somewhat of an issue with me but nothing horrible.--------- The shooting is default set in traditional gta mode where as everytime you let go of L2 and press it again it will snap to a target. There is also a aim assist mode and a mode with no assists at all. I like the traditional gta mode just fine where you can snap between targets soon as you put one down you put another down. I always shot like that in gta, so in that way its easier than cod etc where you have to aim, but as I said you can switch if its too easy.

can you play the game co-op? or are there online co-op missions? i heard they said you have online missions but didn't say if you can do those with your friends. i would definitely like the option to complete the campaign with a friend though. ------- Maybe, cant access the online part yet.

maybe too early to tell but are you able to replay previous campaign missions? i would like that ability. ---------Yes you can replay any mission you have done before to try get a better score.

is there a hardcore mode? or will it open once the game is finished? if there is one, what is it like? i want to know how much realism is there in the game.

which brings me to my next question, do they have enough options to turn things on/off? what sort of options are there that we can play with?

is there a point of money now? my biggest issue with GTA (which is ironically trivial because no other game to select, it's a monopoly lol) is that i have no desire to care about getting money...as you can't do anything with it anyway. fixing this would immensely make the game loads better. ------ Each character has there own money. Michael had 7000 odd in cash first time I controlled him, franklin had around 300. Cant say ive had to worry about money yet, nice to be able to afford armour, extra weapons etc, can see me spending alot of money in the ammo shops. The customization of the weapons is immense, you can put flashlights on shotguns, all sorts of attachments. That what Im liking most so far about the new guns. Plus there seems to be way more of a selection.

related question, are guns more difficult to buy? (require more money?) and are they more realistically presented when you can have them in your pad? previously they'd just show up in your house like a game item in Quake 3. i'd like it if you had your own collection room where you could pull out any gun you wanted. would be nice. -------yes, they cost a lot more. A new weapon is put on your weapon wheel think its L1 you hold to bring it up or L2 when on foot, then you scroll to the gun you want and thats it. Once you go unarmed you dont see any of the guns you have but can use the wheel to get them back instantly if you need too.

can't think of anything else, i don't want to ask about the actual gun play because that'd be difficult to explain and i feel that it would either make or break the game for me. but either way doesn't matter because i want to experience the game regardless.
    I replied you to your questions up above in quote box after each question. Hope that answers most of them. Sorry for late reply went to bed 4am.

@gantz Im from the uk I dont have a clue what adv of pete and pete is even sorry. But jimmys voice and character are super annoying, hes the one I hate the most so far.

Just to add on the customization front, you can also customize your cars, upgrade the engine, wheels, spoilers, put a extra exhaust on the back, basically you can pimp your cars right up. Also change colour of your number plate and design. Between that and the gun customization it is far more deeper this game than any other gta.
    Last edited by DaveNI1979; 09-15-2013 at 11:47.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Yep you Customize You guns and also there are are different types of Body armour too from Super Light $500 to super Heavy which is $2000 I have gotta say the Flashlight works great too in dark buildings

@ Dave yea I was LOL'ng for ages when "Chop" was doing that

also the cars handle like Saints Row.

Thread Information