Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveNI1979 View Post

@gantz Im from the uk I dont have a clue what adv of pete and pete is even sorry. But jimmys voice and character are super annoying, hes the one I hate the most so far.
    I checked it out and jimmys played by little pete. Anyways the adventures of pete and pete was an awesome kid show in the 90's. It sucks very much if those in the uk didn't have acess to it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveNI1979 View Post
    They delivered it 3 days early, was amazed. But various ones on my psn friends list been saying I could get banned for playing it. I dont see why as its not my fault I got the game early. Btw its brilliant, graphics are not blurry anymore and cars handle better. Just played about 5 hours of it as all the football was on today as well.

ps that damn istall of 8.5gb seemed to take forever. Prob around 25mins.
    This happened to me with the iPhone 4. I remember people going crazy when I brought it out to the bar with me that night.

Glad to see the quick impression. Never had that much issue with cars but the graphics were disappointing to me. Would love to ask a question or two but I think I can force myself to wait 28 hours.

Congrats on lucking out!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Loyal-to-LFC & DaveNI1979
    Items PS3 SlimLiverpool
    Man this game just gets better and better. Theres a real strategy to the big heists. The game would be cool enough just normal missions but these big ones brings it to a different level. You have to put together a crew for the job and stake out joints take photos etc, its so good and immersive. So much planning goes into it but and you can choose to go stealthy or all guns blazing. 10/10 guys, the best gta ever.

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    yea i'm watching some of the GTA5 gameplay videos on youtube...i was skeptical about getting it at launch due to numerous work/life reasons but goddamn i cannot pass this game up. this is likely the game of the decade. some of the scenery is just unreal. everything just looks so freaking smooth. love the videos.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Loyal-to-LFC & DaveNI1979
    Items PS3 SlimLiverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    yea i'm watching some of the GTA5 gameplay videos on youtube...i was skeptical about getting it at launch due to numerous work/life reasons but goddamn i cannot pass this game up. this is likely the game of the decade. some of the scenery is just unreal. everything just looks so freaking smooth. love the videos.
    I advise to go up at night to the vinewood sign first chance you get, way up in the mountains and look down at the city, its simply stunning.

Forum Overseer
    yea it has to be the best draw distance on current gen consoles. I thought Skyrim was amazing in that aspect but this looks even better. the draw distance is mainly what is impressing me.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Those last three posts have got me hyped up a little more. Haven't seen any recent screenshots or videos so haven't been knowing what to expect in terms of draw distance, but it sounds like it won't disappoint.

I know it won't be this good, but ever since I saw this video I wondered how GTA would compare to its views.
    http://vimeo.com/47224216

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    Those last three posts have got me hyped up a little more. Haven't seen any recent screenshots or videos so haven't been knowing what to expect in terms of draw distance, but it sounds like it won't disappoint.

I know it won't be this good, but ever since I saw this video I wondered how GTA would compare to its views.
    http://vimeo.com/47224216
    lol i was going to say, no way that's GTA, then i read your post more carefully.

it's not going to be like that. maybe GTA6 on next-gen? but trust me, it will not disappoint. basically if you're not wowed by these graphics then you should quit gaming lol harsh no but really though, this has to be one of the best-looking games on the PS3 and definitely "the" best-looking open-world game on the PS3, considering how smooth it is and how sharp the graphics look.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    LOL. Yea, definitely not something I'd expect of V. If there's a PC release maybe.

Just from what I saw in earlier screens impressed (probably from around April/May) me so haven't had the idea that I'd be let down. Just glad to see that it's smooth and sharp. Those and draw distance disappointed me most with IV and had me stop playing anything but the PC version.

I hate that most of tomorrow I have free, so I'm going to constantly be counting down the hours.

Forum Overseer
    yea GTA4 had HORRIBLE draw distance. not to mention, AF was horrible too. AF is how far the details go right? GTAIV was blurry as $#@!.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Your lucky to receive yours early.
    I'm getting mine a day late with Amazon US.
    I'm kinda pissed, they told me if I wanted it on release day to pick 2 day shipping, so I did.
    Now it's gonna take 2 days, why did I listen to them, I should have just picked 1 day.
    Now I have to wait another day! Oh well, I guess the jokes on me, for picking 2 day.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I'm not sure exactly. I know on the PC settings for it there was a slider for Draw Distance and one for Detail Distance. I don't recall there ever being a filtering option. I don't know what the equivalent was for the consoles, but maxing both out definitely helped.

I ended up running across a screenshot from the game on another website and things definitely looked better from a distance. Just trying to avoid different sites now, only a few hours.

Thread Information