Latest PSU headlines:

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation

I don't get it. Aren't we in enough wars?

We were just about to attack Syria. What they did to those people with the chemical attacks was terrible, but we're already fighting wars.

What do you guys think?

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    it's the merica way

Friendship is Carrots
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    We were just about to attack Syria. What they did to those people with the chemical attacks was terrible, but we're already fighting wars.

What do you guys think?
    What, the Obama Administration finally released the proof they claimed to have?

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    What, the Obama Administration finally released the proof they claimed to have?
    i don't know about Obama, but the UN secretary General released a statement for the incoming statement

but yeah, the statement is said to prove chemical weapons were used and that Assad has committed 'crimes against humanity'
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Friendship is Carrots
    As far as I've seen there's been zero proof to that the Syrian Government did this. Everyone is blaming each other. What I do know is that it makes no sense to draw additional international ire for using chemical weapons on civilians like that. It doesn't add up, not unless Assad is a damn moron.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items Vita
    Unrest in the middle east means oil isnt as safe to obtain as it was, bumps the price up.
    There once was a man named Sidney, he used to collect shells on the beach. everything was going well for him. untill he stopped and took a look, he had a glance and a stare and realised he what he was reading.
    It was a forum signature full of nonsense

7. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstoph View Post
    Unrest in the middle east means oil isnt as safe to obtain as it was, bumps the price up.
    And no one knows how to fix that problem.

/sarcasm

Its hilarious to think about in that with all this of Obama wanting to go to syria, it is very similar to when Bush wanted to go into...Iraq? But during that time, Biden was up at arms to get Bush impeached for doing that, but has remained silent during these times.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    As far as I've seen there's been zero proof to that the Syrian Government did this. Everyone is blaming each other. What I do know is that it makes no sense to draw additional international ire for using chemical weapons on civilians like that. It doesn't add up, not unless Assad is a damn moron.
    Well yeah, no one other then the investigators has any idea of what has happened....and those already confirmed to be victims of chemical attacks.

all that remains is to prove that chemical attacks did in fact take place on the general public.

the UN is undertaking a proper investigation of the details:
    http://www.businessinsider.com.au/un...n-assad-2013-9

but i'd agree, though only to an extent. Assad would be an absolute moron to do something like this and think he'd get away with it... i guess his actions following the report will show exactly what he's worth.

But to address BW,
    Didn't the US agree with Russia that they'd not attack Syria, and that Russia would commence deconstructing the chemical weapons stockpile? i only half-heartedly pay attention to new like this (especially in the morning with my breakfast).

Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post

/sarcasm

Its hilarious to think about in that with all this of Obama wanting to go to syria, it is very similar to when Bush wanted to go into...Iraq? But during that time, Biden was up at arms to get Bush impeached for doing that, but has remained silent during these times.
    Bush was a tool (i do apologise to those who supported him) but both the UK and US have permanent seats on the UN security council. they can't pick and choose which conflicts to enter, If something in the world comes up, they are at the forefront.. same goes for France, Russia and China. They must be consistent with their decisions.
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 09-15-2013 at 01:35.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Friendship is Carrots
    The solution here is that if it is found to be something Assad or his administration ordered, then we go in, clean up his little regime, then leave. That's it. We do what we did to Saddam Hussein's empire a decade ago (took 3-4 months), but this time we actually leave the country once our business is up. We don't stick around for years afterwards like we've done to Iraq.

Little resources spent. Corrupt government removed (let the UN work to establish the next leaders). International law enforced properly. Mission accomplished. Oh, we also pull out of the Middle East as a whole. Bonus points.

If it wasn't Assad then this really complicates the matter. Russia says the US is lying... which I'm inclined to believe more than my own Government's testament, which previously invaded Iraq purely on suspicion and scapegoating.

Dedicated Member
    Obama... officially the first Nobel Peace Prize winner to order the most drone strikes/bombings/killings ever

But chemical weapons were used and he DID draw a Red Line saying if chemical weapons were to be used he would act.
    Now he says he never set red lines... omfg

I really loved to joke on Putin on facebooks 4chan posts with all the Putin pun jokes, but now he is how a world leader should be. Putin is a smart man, he was a KGB agent, and a strong leader.

He doesnt take crap from anyone although Russia should NOT be funding terrorist countries and organizations like Iran, Syria, and Hezbollah. Neither should the USA fund these terrorists like the "good" rebels of syria, the same people that ate a syrian soldiers heart raw. USA helped Iran in the Iran vs Iraq war, now look what iran is doing. USA helped Afghanistan's Taliban vs Russia and now look what happened now.

Forum Sage

Actually, there is proof that the Syrian government is not responsible for the chemical attacks on its people. There is every indication however that the Al Qaeda group within the rebel faction is responsible and that the CIA supplied them with the sarin gas. What's worse is that Al Qaeda, with official help of the CIA and the government, is actually looking to make Syria its personal country and use it as a base to establish a global caliphate.

You all should really research the alternate media sources. What the end game for the US government is, I know not. I do know that Syria is by no means central to this government's middle east policy. A lot of this has to do with containing Iran, China and Russia and it's guaranteed that the Israelis have a massive stake in all this.

Superior Member
    Syria should be left to their own devices. In a civil war that doesnt affect another country, they should be left to do what they do best, kill each other. Once the dust clears, and the rubble falls, the Arab League should be the ones to rebuild not America. The problem with liquidating assad is that its guaranteed someone even worse will take over. Thats the only downside of getting rid of assad which should happen.

Anyone remember the bad guy in call of duty modern warfare was named "Al Assad"?

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    At the end of the day, people are going to do what they're going to do. You, me, not nobody can stop them. So just sit back, relax and take-in a cool glass of Mango lemonade while chillin'. I bet if people did this the world would be a lot more... chill.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    America, the freedom fighter

Superior Member
    Where do I start.....

The notion that the CIA provided the nerve gas to the rebels to stage this to open the door to USA intervention? That's just conspiracy theorists baloney. Also..... it would be far more effective to use that gas on Assad and his supporters in the center of Damascus then for rebels to gas their own in hopes the USA would lob a few cruise missiles in response.

First of all....Libya wasn't using any gas against it's uprising. Yet.....that didn't stop America from helping send in cruise missiles and aircraft bombing runs to hit regime targets. So it's been proven that America doesn't need weapons of mass destruction used against citizens as a precursor to sending in air strikes in a civil war. So the notion of America sending nerve gas to the opposition, in order to frame the regime so that America can bomb it, doesn't hold any logical water. Libya proved that. So if America wants to bomb somewhere, America will bomb...period.

As for the United Nations? This is where I laugh on many levels....

First of all...Russia and China either completely oppose or completely water down just about anything America proposes as punishment.... be it sanctions or military action. They've proven this over North Korea and Iran's nuclear programs and Syria.

Second.... The United Nations is pretty pointless. It was formed after World War II in response to the aftermath of the German genocide with the vow of "never again". Well we've had many genocides since and other than the Kosovo genocide, the UN hasn't done $#@! to stop them. They are pretty much only an international debate club when it comes to getting results. They are the very definition of a "paper tiger".

As for all these countries that get mad at us for trying to police the world? When we police the world, these countries criticize us. But if we stand back and decide we don't want to get involved, these very same countries look to us to do something and criticize us for NOT getting involved. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

And Russia's Putin criticized the USA recently for getting involved in civil wars without international backing of the UN....... says the guy that sent in his military in the 2008 Georgian civil war without the international backing of the UN. In fact..... when has Russia or Putin EVER tried to get the international backing of the UN for ANY of it's military actions? Pot meet kettle!

I remember when Obama was first campaigning for president back in 2008 on the promise that he would be a uniter, not a divider. That he wouldn't be the "cowboy" that George W Bush was. That he'd be more considerate to the concerns of other countries and foster good will and good results.

How'd that work out? With Bush, other countries and leaders knew he meant business. That he had no problem backing up his words with action. Obama on the other hand has been an international joke. The president they know is likely gonna talk a good game, but most likely won't back it up with action. They know he's a weak president, a paper tiger in most cases and a doormat to easily be walked over. It's why the likes North Korea and Iran have no fear of continuing their nuclear programs while he's in office. It's why we have WORSE relations with Russia and China then under Bush. With Bush, they took him seriously...... with Obama, they see him as a punk that can be walked all over. It's why they didn't hand over Snowden to the USA cuz they knew Obama in the end wasn't gonna do $#@! about it.

So those that say Bashar al-Assad would be crazy to use chemical weapons? More like..... crazy like a fox. He already did smaller scale chemical weapons attacks in this civil war in the past and saw Obama and other countries do nothing. So he just pushed the level of attacks to a higher level, fully expecting little would be done.

So we have two choices.... try and stop genocide.... or ignore the lessons of WW2 and simply stand back and let it happen. I'm for stopping it myself.

The problem with Obama is, he doesn't have a real game plan. Blowing up some military installations with cruise missiles is just effectively a fireworks show. It doesn't really stop anything. Unless you go for killing Assad himself, the cruise missiles will only slow him down a little...... not stop him.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Is it knew to anyone, that war is the way to go since 2001...
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Where do I start.....

The notion that the CIA provided the nerve gas to the rebels to stage this to open the door to USA intervention? That's just conspiracy theorists baloney.

I agree.

And it's just purely coincidental that the Daily Mail reported on just such a conspiracy last January....

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    If you type into google "Daily fail" you get which website.

Last edited by keefy; 09-16-2013 at 20:32.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    wars are common, just like Justin Bieber
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    If you type into google "Daily fail" you get which website.
    Don't know, but I found this when I looked for Keefy...

There wont be a war! No fuel is syria!
    Hot Girl - Cliff Jump Fail !!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzZHhCZYzto

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post

/sarcasm

Big difference. There are actual chemical weapons being used in syria. In Iraq everything was made up. Still, there is no need to invade when we don't have to. Anyone can use common sense and know that in order to kill that many people with chemical weapons you have to have the means to deliver them, and Assad's military are the only ones that can do it.

Thread Information