Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Forum Sage
    The Sith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    7,567
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    16,085 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

    PS4 playable at Montreal comicscom now...Impressions.

    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...61&postcount=1

    Just came back from the first day of ComicCon. This year's ComicCon is sponsored by Playstation, and they have a huge Sony booth. There's six PS4s playing the following titles:

    Assassin's Creed IV
    Knack
    Driveclub (on two stations)
    Octodad
    Tiny Brains (4 players/controllers)
    You can also play Gran Turismo 6 and Beyond: Two Souls on PS3.


    Impressions on pre-release builds:

    The cars and lighting in GT6 look amazing, but the environment, especially when the car slows down, is $#@!. The trees looked freakin 2D, and there were weird cross-hatching patterns on the bushes.

    Knack looks awesome, but has framerate issues.

    Driveclub has very impressive and detailed cars, foliage, shadows, but the lighting looked unrealistic. It looks unfinished.

    Beyond looks great, similar quality to the footage released so far.

    Assassin's creed looks assassin's creed.

    So, yeah. If you're in Montreal and wanna check out the PS4, go to ComicCon! Beware though, there's a huge line for anything but the indie games.
    Last edited by The Sith; 09-15-2013 at 07:36.

    uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

  2. #2
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    19
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    I swear that same article was posted in the IGN forums quite a while ago and more than 3 weeks ago. LOL

    anyway. here is the problem I have with that guys post. There isn't one game he played on the PS4 that was even good for him. He wasn't pleased at all. And how much do you want to make a bet that he will play some Xbox One games and start raving about them. Oh yea, I'm definitely going to go there.

    I think "Pray for Death" is full of $#@!.
    Last edited by Demi_God; 09-15-2013 at 15:21.

  3. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  4. #3
    Dedicated Member
    roy8846's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    WOLVES UK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,168
    Rep Power
    43
    Points
    5,382 (0 Banked)
    From gaf as well


    I just got back from today's show and I got to play PS4. There was a long ass line of about 1 1/2 hour to play. Most people wanted to play Assassin's Creed 4 but I opted to play Driveclub.

    I had seen footage of the game online prior to trying it and for some reason I didn't get a next-gen "feel" from the video but let me tell you, actually playing it makes a huge difference. No real surprise here but yeah this is the best looking racer I've ever seen. The trees in the background and the mountains and the detail on the road. There is so much going on on screen. The game controls beautifully too. This game is on my radar. When I'll eventually get a PS4, there's a good chance I'll get this.

    But you wanna know the best part of my PS4 experience? The controller. To me this is a next gen controller. Prior to this, to me the most comfortable controller ever produced was the Gamecube's. Well, we have a new winner. The ergonomics are just about perfect. The 2 handles fit really nicely in your hands. The 2 sticks grip really well and move really well too. Everything else is positioned perfectly. The triggers are a step up from the PS3's. The Dpad feels really good and yes it is a bit clicky. One thing that really surprised me... The touchpad. This has probably been said before but I didn't ear about it. The touchpad "clicks". It's like a giant button. The "touch" functionality and the clicking weren't used in Driveclub but I have no doubt it's going to be used in many games. I've been playing games for 30+ years and let me tell you, Sony did it good with the PS4 controller. I'm going back tomorrow. Maybe I'll play AC4 if the line isn't too long.

    haZethew0rld
    Junior Member
    Today, 02:33 AM, Post #45
    Originally Posted by clem84






    I just got back from today's show and I got to play PS4. There was a long ass line of about 1 1/2 hour to play. Most people wanted to play Assassin's Creed 4 but I opted to play Driveclub.

    I had seen footage of the game online prior to trying it and for some reason I didn't get a next-gen "feel" from the video but let me tell you, actually playing it makes a huge difference. No real surprise here but yeah this is the best looking racer I've ever seen. The trees in the background and the mountains and the detail on the road. There is so much going on on screen. The game controls beautifully too. This game is on my radar. When I'll eventually get a PS4, there's a good chance I'll get this.

    But you wanna know the best part of my PS4 experience? The controller. To me this is a next gen controller. Prior to this, to me the most comfortable controller ever produced was the Gamecube's. Well, we have a new winner. The ergonomics are just about perfect. The 2 handles fit really nicely in your hands. The 2 sticks grip really well and move really well too. Everything else is positioned perfectly. The triggers are a step up from the PS3's. The Dpad feels really good and yes it is a bit clicky. One thing that really surprised me... The touchpad. This has probably been said before but I didn't ear about it. The touchpad "clicks". It's like a giant button. The "touch" functionality and the clicking weren't used in Driveclub but I have no doubt it's going to be used in many games. I've been playing games for 30+ years and let me tell you, Sony did it good with the PS4 controller. I'm going back tomorrow. Maybe I'll play AC4 if the line isn't too long.
    Good lord...November 15 better come quick ha.

    shuri
    The Harry Potter girl
    Today, 02:34 AM, Post #46
    clem84, how the hell did you get pics of that area with nobody around except for two dudes? i was at the show all day and that specific area was flooded with people during the entire day. It was like Dead Rising bad.

    You were there in the morning before the show opened even to the vip/deluxe tickets with the special 'earlier entry' time?

    Please explain.

    hwy_61
    Member
    Today, 02:39 AM, Post #47
    Originally Posted by clem84
    But you wanna know the best part of my PS4 experience? The controller. To me this is a next gen controller. Prior to this, to me the most comfortable controller ever produced was the Gamecube's. Well, we have a new winner. The ergonomics are just about perfect. The 2 handles fit really nicely in your hands. The 2 sticks grip really well and move really well too. Everything else is positioned perfectly. The triggers are a step up from the PS3's. The Dpad feels really good and yes it is a bit clicky. One thing that really surprised me... The touchpad. This has probably been said before but I didn't ear about it. The touchpad "clicks". It's like a giant button. The "touch" functionality and the clicking weren't used in Driveclub but I have no doubt it's going to be used in many games. I've been playing games for 30+ years and let me tell you, Sony did it good with the PS4 controller. I'm going back tomorrow. Maybe I'll play AC4 if the line isn't too long.


    Sent from my Beast using Tapatalk 4
    PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

  5. #4
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    19
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    yea, it's hard to believe anyone at the moment. Even the people that are positive about the PS4.

  6. #5
    Counting Mod
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    14,073
    Rep Power
    149
    Points
    94,543 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Huh...Driveclub looks unfinished. Probably because it is. If people are expecting unfinished products to look amazing with no flaws they are going to be sadly disappointed. Next Gen or not these titles are still being worked on.

    Sent from Galaxy S4 on Tapatalk 4 beta.




    Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

  7. #6
    Apprentice
    PS4THEWIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    459
    Rep Power
    12
    Points
    1,173 (0 Banked)
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    yea, it's hard to believe anyone at the moment. Even the people that are positive about the PS4.
    Yup.

  8. #7
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    yea, it's hard to believe anyone at the moment. Even the people that are positive about the PS4.
    Yep, pretty much.

  9. #8
    Dedicated Member
    PS3!!!!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,042
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    2,796 (0 Banked)
    I got my hands on it. I really liked the controller, drive club did look good but seemed a bit unfinished
    Six Years With PSU!~ Favourite Games of all Time~ Smash Bros, Spyro, GTA series and Elder Scrolls Series
    Add me on PSN FOXY007 OR Steam psn_foxy007
    My Hardware~ Sony Bravia 240hz 3D 40".. Ps3 Slim250gig and Sony Bravia Surround Sound 5.1
    PC- i7 3930k|gtx670|8g ram|2T HDD|Bluray disc drive

  10. #9
    Newbie
    DaGrandMastah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    PSN ID
    DaGrandMastah
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    1,517 (0 Banked)
    I'm waiting for the demo console to show up at Best Buy near me so I can go check it out. Can't wait.

  11. #10
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3!!!!! View Post
    I got my hands on it. I really liked the controller, drive club did look good but seemed a bit unfinished
    Propably because it is unfinished. lol

  12. #11
    Superior Member
    WretchedSoul21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    589
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    3,920 (0 Banked)
    I'm more amused that The Sith naturally takes the time to post a new thread because some random nobody reviewed the ps4 poorly.
    "Bigfoot is blurry, that is the problem...it is not the photographers fault...Bigfoot is blurry and that is extra scary to me because there is an extra large out-of-focus creature roaming the countryside....Run he's fuzzy, get out of here" ~ Mitch Hedburg, RIP you crazy fool

  13. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  14. #12
    Veteran
    snooper71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Posts
    4,455
    Rep Power
    93
    Points
    16,930 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Makes sense now... Thanks!

    Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2


    Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

  15. #13
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    23,057
    Rep Power
    195
    Points
    112,232 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It won't be too long before we all see PS4s running in front of our very own eyes. Let people say whatever they want. It will ultimately change nothing.

  16. #14
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,526
    Rep Power
    104
    Points
    2,956 (0 Banked)
    Doesn't matter what people say. The fact is, they still have about a month to finish all these games before they have to be mass produced for the upcoming launch. What people are seeing is probably at minimum, two-month-old builds with six months being more likely. Have people really not figured this out? You all need to cool it.

  17. #15
    Member
    adzzzman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    PSN ID
    Loopoiu
    Posts
    125
    Rep Power
    28
    Points
    1,351 (0 Banked)
    I don't agree with that post still early to tell I guess but hope it ain't true

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.