Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Equinoqs View Post
    Not enough difference to stop me from buying a Vita if I didn't already own one.
    the difference is that it's worse lol unless you're looking at the battery life/slimmer design.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    the difference is that it's worse lol unless you're looking at the battery life/slimmer design.
    Honestly it won't mean $#@! to most (including me). I mean certain shots look very similar, OLED seems more 'warmer' with better blacks but also overblown hues, but the other features of the new one are too good to pass up imo

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I'm happy with the OLED model I have, but if I never bought it then the LCD model would still play the games the same way (along with a few enhanced features), which is why I bought it in the first place.

Shut up and play games

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Ill probably get a newer model vita eventually my Vita is only a couple of months old and its scratched as fark and has burn in and stuck pixels yikes
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by chriharr View Post
    Ill probably get a newer model vita eventually my Vita is only a couple of months old and its scratched as fark and has burn in and stuck pixels yikes
    GOodness. What the heck did you do to it lol?

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Yeah well I'd rather not run the risks of what's listed in this thread:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=678365

I disagree with his comment of LCD>OLED, but it is a more mature screen with less problems and more reliability. It's a small trade off IMO.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55

Geeez, did you take that thing to war or something? Mines a day 1 model and the screen doesnt have a scratch on it, and i dont even use the screen protectors! the back is scratched to hell though, but damn!

And on another note, im quite happy with my OLED 3G model. eventually ill pick up a 32 or 64 gig card, I actually use the thing quite a bit. I only buy physical copies when i can. I have an 8gb card, and its at about half capacity. The only digital game i have on there right now is Gravity Rush cause it was free with PS+ but i do plan on buying it eventually. Im a media hoarder. I still have about 100 PS3 games, which i think ive played about half of them.

This new vita doesnt interest me, and none of the colors do either. If they came out with an original Wifi model with the OLED screen in like, midnight blue like the Madden PSP, i might think about swapping it out, but this LED screen really just looks pretty bad in comparison. I wonder if the brightness is on full on the Vita Slim, cause that looks very dull.

Tacos Rule!

Veteran
    I'd be using your warranty rather than buying an LCD version.
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    pacpunk
    i've heard some people say you can hardly tell the difference, but I guess we'll see once they are in best buys and stuff.
    Contributing Writer @ PSU | Amateur Games Journalist | Internet Media Guy

Tumblr Blogs: Josh Likes Games | Coffee and Controllers | Follow me on Twitter
    Spooky Mobley's Conspiracy Corner | Pixel Power Art

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    I'm picking up the OLED version this week. Been thinking about it for a while, but now that it is going away.....yeah, time to bite the bullet.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmobley View Post
    i've heard some people say you can hardly tell the difference, but I guess we'll see once they are in best buys and stuff.
    I heard you can tell the difference. I'll go snatch one up and see for myself, maybe post some up close pics, etc. There should be some media already out there that shows the differences though.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Georges_2251
    Items Final Fantasy Tactics
    If anyone is using an OLED PSV, I recommend using dark themes/wallpapers. It could save a lot of battery.

My Nokia OLED phone would last a good 1-2h more if I used a black theme. It's because OLED dims the black pixels (which also gives deeper blacks).
    Your sig is too friggin' big. Please change it. ~ PSU Staff

I didnt expect the difference to be this big.

Thread Information