Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice

Housemarque: PS4 Is “Powerful Enough To Blow Your Pants off”

http://gamingbolt.com/housemarque-ps...nexpected-ways

Hmmmm... I might need a belt then...

2. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    I don't get why they are saying it will blow your pants off when there is already tons of more powerful hardware on the market, but I guess it is understandable for an indie dev to be excited.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    lol...I think this article is more in reference to the PC gamers doubt of the console. I still would like to know what is exactly under the hood that makes the system go boom. Grant it Sony has stated some specifics, but not everything.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well when I saw this I had a crysis moment

http://a.pomf.se/3Pe9.gif

6. Likes Fijiandoce, Zswordsman likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    I don't get why they are saying it will blow your pants off when there is already tons of more powerful hardware on the market, but I guess it is understandable for an indie dev to be excited.
    because if they made this game on the PC, they can't expect it to sell very well.

Forum Elder
    this game sounds kinky

"blow your pants off"

"use the touch pad in unexpected ways"

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9. Likes Lefein, PS4THEWIN likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    I'm going to need a stronger belt.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    because if they made this game on the PC, they can't expect it to sell very well.
    Eh? Indie games sell better on PC than consoles, especially if said console is just now releasing and has no install base established yet capable of purchasing the game. In fact, 90% of all indie games releasing for the PS4 were already great selling games previously available on PC only.

Elite Guru
    Eh? Indie games sell better on PC than consoles, especially if said console is just now releasing and has no install base established yet capable of purchasing the game. In fact, 90% of all indie games releasing for the PS4 were already great selling games previously available on PC only.
    I'm not sure if there is one single "best" selling platform for indies. PC does well when a hit comes along but it's also much more difficult to be seen.

Ps3/Vita is a nice blend of visibility on the store and sales aren't always guaranteed but it's much more likely to trialed at the very least.

XBLA generally has the best sales per piece of software but that's because there are so few indies willing to work with MS any more so the selection is very thin.

WiiU is awesome for coverage but there just aren't enough people to buy the games.

The indie market is hard to pin down.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I think the reason indie games are selling well is because they don't have to jump through hoops on the PC, they don't get charged to patch their games or anything. That is kind of changing here for the PS4. But at the same time indie games or most indie games are not graphical power houses but they do come around from time to time. So the family that bought their PC at bestbuy can actually play those games. There are more indie developers jumping on the Sony's console compared to before, a lot more in-fact.

Forum Overseer
    you've misunderstood. my point is that they are calling the PS4 powerful because they can't just make a game like this on the PC and expect to sell it to the masses. only the top fraction would be able to play it at the level of fidelity they want you to play it at. on a normal PC, it wouldn't look this nice. indie developers can do more with all this power and not have to worry about who they're leaving out and who they aren't. so in actuality, the PS4 has more power available to them than the silly indie games you normally see.

15. Likes Zswordsman likes this post
    Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    you've misunderstood. my point is that they are calling the PS4 powerful because they can't just make a game like this on the PC and expect to sell it to the masses. only the top fraction would be able to play it at the level of fidelity they want you to play it at. on a normal PC, it wouldn't look this nice. indie developers can do more with all this power and not have to worry about who they're leaving out and who they aren't. so in actuality, the PS4 has more power available to them than the silly indie games you normally see.
    Ah I see. The PS4 has a lot of power, and that power is available for all PS4 users while most PC indie games have to focus on more budget-PC-friendly games for their target audience. I definitely agree with that.

17. Likes Sajuuk Khar, Omar likes this post
    Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Too bad Resogun won't be a game that does it.

Most meh worthy 'big name' game revealed on PS4 thus far.

Ultimate Veteran
    We won't see the real power of the console for at least 2 years.but launch games will still look better then4 gen ps3 games

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Well when I saw this I had a crysis moment

http://a.pomf.se/3Pe9.gif
    uhhh...damn!!!

Elite Guru
    Admittedly, targeting a single platform can do wonders for a small developer. All potential compatibility and performance issues can be isolated and worked around.

Developers going from console to PC usually encounter a wide range of issues when making the move.

You also have the bizarre side issue of keeping games limited incase they potentially want to do iOS/Android versions down the track.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    This guy needs new pants.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Veteran
    Hopefully it does, Im a bit worried at the Battlefield 4 looks like medium settings comments.
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

Forum Sage
    Eh. Let the results do the talking i say

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    amazing gif! lol

this will be me when playing resogun

27. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabjabs View Post
    Admittedly, targeting a single platform can do wonders for a small developer. All potential compatibility and performance issues can be isolated and worked around.
    and more importantly a closed or single-configuration platform.

Developers going from console to PC usually encounter a wide range of issues when making the move.

You also have the bizarre side issue of keeping games limited incase they potentially want to do iOS/Android versions down the track.
    yeah and that's a decision they have to make. i.e. Reso wouldn't be possible on smart phones and i'm sure they don't care.

now we might see a PC version but it makes sense to come out with this on a console first.

Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore View Post
    Hopefully it does, Im a bit worried at the Battlefield 4 looks like medium settings comments.
    I used to game on PC i would say that no matter what the pc gamers say only the very high end systems will play BF4 on maximum at a decent res and with playable framerates. 99% of pc owners BF4 wont get anywhere near medium at 60fps. I played BF3 at medium to high (mostly medium) and it looked fantastic so i wouldnt worry about the PS4 version. Either way 64 players and 60fps ..... who wouldnt want that??!!

30. Likes UkHardcore likes this post
    Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore View Post
    I wouldn't judge a console's power on a multiplat launch title made by EA, though perhaps that's just me.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4THEWIN View Post
    I wouldn't judge a console's power on a multiplat launch title made by EA, though perhaps that's just me.
    Dice are extremely good devs!

Quote Originally Posted by archie123 View Post
    I used to game on PC i would say that no matter what the pc gamers say only the very high end systems will play BF4 on maximum at a decent res and with playable framerates. 99% of pc owners BF4 wont get anywhere near medium at 60fps. I played BF3 at medium to high (mostly medium) and it looked fantastic so i wouldnt worry about the PS4 version. Either way 64 players and 60fps ..... who wouldnt want that??!!
    Surprised at those stats!
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

Thread Information