Latest PSU headlines:

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus

Backlog of Games

Does anyone else have big backlog of games to play? I have Gravity Rush(PSN+), Dragon's Crown, Metal Gear HD, Persona4, all 20%-60% done but not finished. I even have Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 for my PS3 unopened lol. This is just a example of the few of the games I haven't beat. I love buying new games, and all the games I have I honestly enjoy, they're fun but I tend to just lose interest after a while and hop between games. It's hard for me to get that dive to finish the games sometimes. I eventually do dive back in and finish though, just takes a while. I'd have to say RPG's are the worst, they're more of your money's worth in my opinion but because of that they also take so much time to beat which could lead to periods of disinterest after playing 50-100hours (nonetheless still my favorite genre). As oppose to a beat'em up that you can beat in 8-10 hours.

Just wondering if anyone else experiences this? What do you do when you get into a mood like this? Just stop playing video games in general for a while? Share experiences and opinions on this.

Also, recommend a game for me to finish :P

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    My steam account has about 400 games, 95% of which I havent played or beat. PS3 I have around 100 games, half I haven't beat. To say I have a backlog to get through is an understatement lol

I love games, but I dont got all the time to play the damn things..
    I seem to be in that weird space where the games I REALLY want to play are either not release, or I dont own yet. :S

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    HA! Tell me about it man. I don't even buy that many new games but I still have a backlog. It was huge, but I've been slowly chewing through it for the past year. It doesn't help that every game I finish is replaced by something new I got on sale

Currently as I remember mine is:

Deus Ex Human Revolution
    inFamous 2
    Alan Wake
    Darksiders
    Darksiders 2
    Vanquish
    Crysis 2
    Metro 2033
    STALKER: Call of Pripyat
    Rise of Legends
    Medal of Honour
    Mirror's Edge
    Amnesia: Dark Descent
    Saints Row 3
    Batman Arkham City
    Starcraft 2

plus a lot of indie games on steam.

I've started most of the games in my backlog, but either haven't finished them or have only played ~an hour or so.

And over the past year I have finished

Sleeping Dogs
    Far Cry 3
    BioShock 2
    BioShock Infinite
    Mass Effect 3
    Portal 2
    Skyrim
    Dishonored
    Fallout New Vegas (kind of)

and probably a couple more I've forgotten. So not bad
    Last edited by Cyn; 09-16-2013 at 11:18.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Oh yeah, I didn't even think about steam haha. Especially after all those good humble bundles $1 for 6 games or $5 for the extra 2 newer games.

Forum Sage

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I have a habit of just buying games 'just because' due to Steam. Out of my collection the current games I plan on playing and completing are Tomb Raider, Assassins Creed 3 and Max Payne 3. Oh and Splinter Cell Blacklist.

Not fussed about the others in my account.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    I was actually just talking about my backlog of PS3 games in another thread.... I also have a ton. I own about 100 PS3 games, and i think ive played about half of them. I have dead space 1 and 2 still in the plastic wrap, i have bioshock 1 and 2, never even opened 2, played 1 for about 3 hours. Still havent beaten Dragons Crown, or Gravity Rush, Have some PS+ games i downloaded and never started, I still havent beaten Skyrim, I want to get Infamous 2 before i play Second Son next year, I want to get Unit 13, and The Walking Dead for the Vita, along with Walking Dead survival instinct for the PS3, not to mention Beyond Two Souls coming out, im beyond overwhelmed with the amount of games i have available to me vs the amount of time i have to play games at all. Its frustrating, and one of the only reasons i cant wait for Fall, because once the end of October comes, im in full on game mode. nothing but games from November to the end of March. when im not at work of course.

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. Ive got a shitload of bubble gum"

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    I've got roughly 20/25 or so to get more than half-way through. A lot of those are sprawling RPGs that require a specific mood to become invested in I think, (Demon's Souls/Fallout's/Skyrim/Mass Effect's, etc) others are racing games amongst others. I'd like to say I'll get to 'em eventually, but I can't say for definite!

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    I just beat Saints Row 4 and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask hoping I stay in a game beating mood and knock some more out haha.

Thread Information