Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 159
  1. #26
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    I've never known gamescom, PAX, or TGS to be known wow factors for announced games. It's usually like gamescom but mainly japanese devs such as capcom, SE, etc etc. It's always been E3 and that is what games developers wait for.

    As for the CPU, I believe it will be 2.6 to 2.7Ghz. I could be wrong but that is the fun in waiting.

  2. #27
    Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    1,793 (0 Banked)
    is there any new information that we can expect?

  3. #28
    Veteran
    jj03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,514
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    5,886 (0 Banked)
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by ijst2000 View Post
    is there any new information that we can expect?
    Only the certainty that there will be 'news'...

  4. #29
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,756
    Rep Power
    92
    Points
    142,930 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    I've never known gamescom, PAX, or TGS to be known wow factors for announced games. It's usually like gamescom but mainly japanese devs such as capcom, SE, etc etc. It's always been E3 and that is what games developers wait for.

    As for the CPU, I believe it will be 2.6 to 2.7Ghz. I could be wrong but that is the fun in waiting.
    My CPU guess is 1.6-2.0 GHz, I don't think it will be over 2 Ghz due to the size of the console.


    PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

  5. Likes Saigon likes this post
  6. #30
    Elite Guru
    berts08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    N.Ireland
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,592
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    7,660 (4,000 Banked)
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go





    Last edited by berts08; 09-17-2013 at 22:29.


    “Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke


    PSN ID: berts08



  7. Likes Lefein likes this post
  8. #31
    Elite Member
    D3seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Severn, Maryland
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Posts
    1,808
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    1,659 (20,000 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim
    ^^


  9. #32
    Veteran
    Saigon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NA
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    Posts
    4,977
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    33,818 (0 Banked)
    This should be interesting when they release this information...with the streak of how things have been going for Sony i hope some of the content is at least favorable for MS, if not...man we are going to get hit with more waves of MS this MS that. I just hope the main content that everyone is looking for is comparable at best; I guess what I mean by that statement is that the current gap of specs between the PS4 and Xbone stays the same, again if not its not going to be pretty.

  10. #33
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,867
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    38,021 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by THE FORS View Post
    what are you talking about?

    wanting a block buster game at a gaming event instead of specs is asking a lot?
    and not getting it will cause people to lash out?

    what on earth are you babbling on about. . . I can assure you I'm not one of these people. I will still get the ps4 at launch regardless and not having that blockbuster game wont deter me , but at a gaming event I do expect to maybe see something to make people talk . . is that too much to ask?
    That's fine. No one was having a go at you, and in no way was that hostile.

    My point was, we as gamers, are our own worst enemies sometimes.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  11. #34
    Apprentice
    THE FORS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    491
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    4,364 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by THE FORS View Post
    what are you talking about?

    wanting a block buster game at a gaming event instead of specs is asking a lot?
    and not getting it will cause people to lash out?

    what on earth are you babbling on about. . . I can assure you I'm not one of these people. I will still get the ps4 at launch regardless and not having that blockbuster game wont deter me , but at a gaming event I do expect to maybe see something to make people talk . . is that too much to ask?
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    That's fine. No one was having a go at you, and in no way was that hostile.

    My point was, we as gamers, are our own worst enemies sometimes.
    well if I'm honest it did sound like you were having a pop at me. . anyw ive chilled now
    I dont agree with not having high expectations. I think we as consumers should have them. .you wouldnt accept it for anything else we buy, be it clothes electrical travel or anything. . .we just want the best our product is designed for

    Microsoft is on a damage limitation exercise so I can imagine theyre gonna showcase some great looking games. . I dont want Sony saying how powerful the ps4 is, I want them to show me
    P S N user name birdyboy . . . THE LAST OF US WOW! !!

  12. #35
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    33
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    599 (0 Banked)
    Deleted ...
    Last edited by archie123; 09-18-2013 at 19:35.

  13. #36
    Superior Member
    str8upnobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    945
    Rep Power
    56
    Points
    1,061 (0 Banked)
    Some confirmation on compatible hard drive specs would be nice imo. I'm sure they will be SATA 2.5" , but some concrete info would be nice. I'd like to have one @ home and ready for when I get my PS4. And what about SSID HD's? Just curious.

  14. #37
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,756
    Rep Power
    92
    Points
    142,930 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by str8upnobs View Post
    Some confirmation on compatible hard drive specs would be nice imo. I'm sure they will be SATA 2.5" , but some concrete info would be nice. I'd like to have one @ home and ready for when I get my PS4. And what about SSID HD's? Just curious.
    I am 99.999% sure that it will be a 2.5" SATA drive (9.5mm), probably SATA III, I just wonder if it will be a standard drive or a Hybrid SSD? Either way I plan on getting a 1TB Hybrid SSD for it, so that will be an immediate swap for me!


    PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

  15. Likes TAZ427 likes this post
  16. #38
    Elite Guru
    TAZ427's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sugar Land, TX
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Age
    43
    Posts
    5,076
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    20,689 (0 Banked)
    Yeah, I'm planning on a 1TB SHDD as well but I'm holding out for the Seagate w/ 32GB of SSD, right now they've only released the 8GB version. They were supposed to release the 32GB last month, but I can't find it available anywhere.

    I'm not too worried about getting a few months in as I'll only have a few games and w/ the Cloud storage of game saves, I'll just slap the drive in, install and DL my game saves and probably Drive Club.

    I also want to get some reports from individuals on the performance speedup of SHDD or at least SSD, which I'm sure we'll get early on.



  17. #39
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,756
    Rep Power
    92
    Points
    142,930 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    Yeah, I'm planning on a 1TB SHDD as well but I'm holding out for the Seagate w/ 32GB of SSD, right now they've only released the 8GB version. They were supposed to release the 32GB last month, but I can't find it available anywhere.

    I'm not too worried about getting a few months in as I'll only have a few games and w/ the Cloud storage of game saves, I'll just slap the drive in, install and DL my game saves and probably Drive Club.

    I also want to get some reports from individuals on the performance speedup of SHDD or at least SSD, which I'm sure we'll get early on.
    I heard about the 32GB version as well, but can't find it either, if I happen to come across it I will let you know! I was almost contemplating getting a 512GB SSD, but the damn thing costs almost as much as the console so that idea went out the window fast! Hopefully that 32GB version will pop up online before the PS4 comes out and I will snag that one, I will give Seagate two months to release it...otherwise I will send out the goons!


    PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

  18. #40
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    13,179
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    33,797 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    Yeah, I'm planning on a 1TB SHDD as well but I'm holding out for the Seagate w/ 32GB of SSD, right now they've only released the 8GB version. They were supposed to release the 32GB last month, but I can't find it available anywhere.

    I'm not too worried about getting a few months in as I'll only have a few games and w/ the Cloud storage of game saves, I'll just slap the drive in, install and DL my game saves and probably Drive Club.

    I also want to get some reports from individuals on the performance speedup of SHDD or at least SSD, which I'm sure we'll get early on.
    Yeah i was waiting for that one as well. Bug them on twitter about it.




  19. #41
    Power Member
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,369
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    55,728 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Around 2005 I paid £200 for a 150GB Western Digital Raptor. I bought another one about a year later for £150.
    A friend of mine had six 75GB in RAID.

    We wouldn't touch them with a barge pole now, loud and generate loads of heat.

  20. #42
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Around 2005 I paid £200 for a 150GB Western Digital Raptor. I bought another one about a year later for £150.
    A friend of mine had six 75GB in RAID.

    We wouldn't touch them with a barge pole now, loud and generate loads of heat.
    yikes, I can understand 2 in a raid 0 set up but to have six? the failure rate is through the roof. You know if 1 of those fails you still lose every single thing. it comes crashing down all at once. I've never heard of six though. ishy ishy poo
    Last edited by Demi_God; 09-19-2013 at 00:11.

  21. #43
    Apprentice
    PS4THEWIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    459
    Rep Power
    9
    Points
    1,173 (0 Banked)
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    When is this supposed to be? (EST)

  22. #44
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Christopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    8,064
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    64,431 (1,010 Banked)
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4THEWIN View Post
    When is this supposed to be? (EST)
    9:30
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

    Server Error Status Thread







  23. Likes PS4THEWIN likes this post
  24. #45
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    13,179
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    33,797 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4THEWIN View Post
    When is this supposed to be? (EST)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUJM_bHVMfg




  25. #46
    Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    31
    Posts
    139
    Rep Power
    56
    Points
    1,180 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    yikes, I can understand 2 in a raid 0 set up but to have six? the failure rate is through the roof. You know if 1 of those fails you still lose every single thing. it comes crashing down all at once. I've never heard of six though. ishy ishy poo
    Well, that is raid 0 which is striping, I believe the term is? You balance the data between the drives for performance, but if you lose a drive you are SOL. You also have mirroring for resilience, no performance gains but if you lose a drive you are OK (assuming you replace it before the other fails). Then you can also do things such as raid 1+0, raid 5 ETC to leverage the resilience, extended capacity and performance of various raid configurations.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by bmatt; 09-19-2013 at 00:41.

  26. #47
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,542
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    55,151 (0 Banked)
    No detailed specs.


  27. #48
    Veteran
    UkHardcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,156
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    4,804 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    No detailed specs.
    They didnt announce specs at all? Still not finalized?
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

  28. #49
    Forum Elder
    chrisw26308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,619
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    13,240 (0 Banked)
    Nothing yet but its not over. More tonight at 9 EST.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  29. Likes UkHardcore likes this post
  30. #50
    Veteran
    MonkeyClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,756
    Rep Power
    92
    Points
    142,930 (0 Banked)
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    Nothing yet but its not over. More tonight at 9 EST.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Tonight is were we get to hear all the delicious PS4 goodness! Can't wait!!!


    PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

  31. Likes UkHardcore likes this post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.