Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    The audio is soo low compared to other games or is it just me?
    It's low. I had to turn my receiver up quite a bit to get to a normal volume.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I will being writing up my own review of this game soon. When i finish it
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    gumi42
    Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    It's low. I had to turn my receiver up quite a bit to get to a normal volume.
    I found a "Dialogue Boost option in the Audio portion of the menu, it seems to help this problem quite a bit.
    Hard work never killed nobody but I ain't taking any chances

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by FdMstng99 View Post
    Played for about 3 hours last night and so far I'm loving this game. Just started investing in stocks, anyone make any decent money yet investing? Have a few thousand dollars in Maze banking.
    I've made and lost small amounts. I haven't been spending money on much so I bought 13,000 shares of one company for cheap but it's not moving much. I bought around $5.85 and it's at $5.75 right now but it's hit as high as $32.

I received 457 shares of one company that was worth $100,000 when I received it and it only jumped by $110 so far.

One stock in particular that you destroy on a mission has been hovering around -300% and recently went down to -761% for no reason so I bought up tons of shares in that and within a few seconds already profited $1,200. You have to watch them closely as they can change quickly.

Also, trying to figure out what's up with the saved vehicles. Spent on a ton customizing one car and parked it in the players garage at the house and it's gone. Had previously parked it in the non-house garage so checked there and the impound lot to make sure and it's not there either. Seems to be an issue many are having. I think what you have to do is NEVER park a car in your home garage, because any time I park a vehicle in the large one (like Grove Street Garage) and leave it somewhere it's quickly sent to the impound lot.
    Last edited by ttech10; 09-18-2013 at 21:10.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    I've had the same issue...since the PS2 era at least. It happens for DVD's bigtime on my PS2...have to turn up the volume so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Surebrec View Post
    my early impressions are that the game is good, definitely better than IV, but while the graphics are better than its predecessor, they are not great (sorry, but they aren't). I guess I've just become used to PC gaming over the years since IV.

also experiencing terrible frame rates and object pop in is having a negative impact, spoiling what would otherwise be a very enjoyable experience.

current gen is definitely showing it's limitations now, this game needs to be optimised for for released on next gen and PC where it can truly stretch its legs.

Quote Originally Posted by xdreamzx View Post
    still trying to wrap my head around all the things the game has to offer..so much to do in just early stages of the game..(i got caught up playing tennis for an hour lmao)..just like someone said above, my expectations were matched+++ well worth the midnight release madness last night (and calling out of work today! BUM!!!) currently charging my controller since i played it dead i'm immersed

this is the first game i got on my ps3 and i'm still getting the hang of the controls in general, but this is the best game i've played in ages seriously.
    I'm pretty much in the exact spot your in, this is my first current generation game. If you also have a SDTV, then please PM me if you find good info to sooth our troubles with old tech.

Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    $#@!ing amazing. There is so much to do. There's over 40 hobbies and activities to do in this game and that's just from checking the in-game phone menu in the stats section. It tells you how many things you did, but this game is seriously amazing. I can't get enough of it.
    Yep, I've barely even used the phone but when I got to browser and typed in YouTube.com it said page not found with a funny image . This might be a dumb question, does your PS3 have to be connected to the Internet to use this or is it purely in game? It would be so mind-blowing to have a web browser just in GTA V and be able to do stuff while in the game like look at guides and other videos.

6. Likes xdreamzx likes this post
    El Presidente
    The only complaint I have so far is that the aiming ridicule at least for Franklin is very small and transparent. I have a hard time aiming sometimes. Maybe that's just how it is with pistols? Other weapons are fine.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    The only complaint I have so far is that the aiming ridicule at least for Franklin is very small and transparent. I have a hard time aiming sometimes. Maybe that's just how it is with pistols? Other weapons are fine.
    I think it's just With the pistols. it has ads assist ya know

moving on tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    I've made and lost small amounts. I haven't been spending money on much so I bought 13,000 shares of one company for cheap but it's not moving much. I bought around $5.85 and it's at $5.75 right now but it's hit as high as $32.

I received 457 shares of one company that was worth $100,000 when I received it and it only jumped by $110 so far.

One stock in particular that you destroy on a mission has been hovering around -300% and recently went down to -761% for no reason so I bought up tons of shares in that and within a few seconds already profited $1,200. You have to watch them closely as they can change quickly.

Also, trying to figure out what's up with the saved vehicles. Spent on a ton customizing one car and parked it in the players garage at the house and it's gone. Had previously parked it in the non-house garage so checked there and the impound lot to make sure and it's not there either. Seems to be an issue many are having. I think what you have to do is NEVER park a car in your home garage, because any time I park a vehicle in the large one (like Grove Street Garage) and leave it somewhere it's quickly sent to the impound lot.
    I really like the investing part of GTAV, I keep messing around with it. Bought a couple thousand dollars worth of some fast food places last night, will see how that goes. Haven't had any issues with the saved vehicles yet, have been parking them in the big garages.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Wow. Audio seems fine for me.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Just got a copy off a mate for 15 quid...not had a chance to insert it into my ps3 yet. .

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    The audio can be adjusted via the audio options and it has speaker placement options to
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by KnotGamer901 View Post
    I think it's just With the pistols. it has ads assist ya know

moving on tapatalk
    Aim assist? That's for sissies!

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by FdMstng99 View Post
    I really like the investing part of GTAV, I keep messing around with it. Bought a couple thousand dollars worth of some fast food places last night, will see how that goes. Haven't had any issues with the saved vehicles yet, have been parking them in the big garages.
    It seems hard to make a lot of money in stocks without having insider knowledge. I made double my money from helping one random guy, he told me to invest in a certain company and made double the money with all my characters. Then there are the assassination missions where you're sometimes told which ones to invest in, and maybe some main missions as well.

Just playing the stock market I've only made small amounts, though there are times where certain ones will shoot up for no reason, such as Burger Shot or Raine (I think that's the name). Just waiting to hit big.

And I think I may have found the issue with the disappearing cars, it's only happened that once when I tried parking it in the home garage, since the game told me to do that to save it. Anytime I simply leave it on the street I'll find it back at the impound. I really wish they detailed more things in the online manual.

Oh, and the reticle can be changed in the settings. Display, I think. It's not a major difference but it adds more than just that dot.
    Last edited by ttech10; 09-19-2013 at 21:00.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Wow. Audio seems fine for me.
    It's really bothering me with this game. I have to put my TV at 40 instead of the usual 18.

Another thing that has been bothering me are the driving controls....GTA4's were better....maybe I just need to get used to it.

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I love this game. I haven't been on here much since getting it early and that's mainly due to spending all my free time on it.

The game looks beautiful considering it runs on dated hardware. I love all the characters and missions so far.

This game is far better than the previous iteration and I loved that game too.

All in all this is by far the best game I've played since the last GTA.

Nothing is perfect but this is as close to it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Another thing that has been bothering me are the driving controls....GTA4's were better....maybe I just need to get used to it.
    I thought the same thing when I stepped into my first car, and in some ways I still feel the same but once you get used to it you can weave through traffic at top speed soooo much easier, IMO. It seems they tweaked it so its easier to stay in control at high speeds. My only problem is the sensitivity when you turn. It feels like it turns way to fast to soon, the analog stick doesn't have to travel very far at all before it happens. I wish there was a more gradual feel to the analog stick when turning and not quite so jerky. But I'm not complaining, the driving is great just different in an easier way, at least in my opinion.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    Aim assist? That's for sissies!
    I know I was just throwing that out there lol

moving on tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    I thought the same thing when I stepped into my first car, and in some ways I still feel the same but once you get used to it you can weave through traffic at top speed soooo much easier, IMO. It seems they tweaked it so its easier to stay in control at high speeds. My only problem is the sensitivity when you turn. It feels like it turns way to fast to soon, the analog stick doesn't have to travel very far at all before it happens. I wish there was a more gradual feel to the analog stick when turning and not quite so jerky. But I'm not complaining, the driving is great just different in an easier way, at least in my opinion.
    This is the biggest debate about the game (at least for once it's not which console version is better, but actually about the game).

At first I wasn't liking it, but after a few hours it had grown on me and now I love it. I do still wish for the old feel sometimes, but it's not like I need it. And I couldn't imagine running from cops with the old handling, they stick to you now insanely close and super aggressive.

Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    Got it last night, got about 2-3 hours of it in, and I have to say... The hype is real!

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Wow, so still being impressed by things.

Loaded up the game and it was raining heavily. Started typing on here and the rain slowly faded and it was still cloudy with a little rain. Started driving around and would hit areas where it was sunny but still a slight rain then I'd drive through cloudy areas again.

78.5% done and it's the first I've seen that.

Ultimate Veteran
    So the game is that good

Superior Member
    My post from the review:

I strongly agree and this is the worst GTA that I have played even though I skipped GTA4. The characters are really annoying especially Lamar and Micharl's family. The missions are boring and non exciting, the controls are still flawed -especially the driving- and the plot is sloppy. The way they bing the characters together is forced and unbelievable. I am bored with the game and I have played hours hoping it gets better, but it has not and I will be selling it so I can buy Beyond 2 Souls.I aslo feel that the use of sex and vulgar language is over done to the point it just seems juvenile like a kid trying to appear mature, but looks immature. I feel insulted intellectually by how poorly and exaggerated the dialogue is. At age 29 I have out grown this childish franchise.Why reviewers love it remains a mystery, but hype always sets in for GTA.

I mean I am not impressed. San Andreas was the peek of the series. Read Dead is far superior and Sleeping Dogs is better to me.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    So the game is that good
    No it isn't, it is just hype. All 3 PS2 games are much better without the irritating family and friends. I want to kill Lamar and Michael's son. The most exciting thing is the strip club. ...which is sad, but no one will admit it since GTAV is the greatest thing since oxygen.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Sorry you're so disappointed by it, but I find it strange your favorite part is the strip club even though you felt the use of sex in the game is over done, and the characters are pretty much the three from the PS2.

At least you won't have trouble selling your copy. It may have its flaws, but the majority of buyers believe it's the best of the series.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    Trevor is by far the best part of the game. Driving is balanced very well between realistic and arcadey. Radio sucks. Controls are awkward at times (please get rid of the "hold x" to jog thing). Overall story is alright. Heists are great. Graphics range from "meh" to amazing, overall really good though.

Overall, way better than GTA4 and a great game. Some small things I don't like and thought were done better in Sleeping Dogs, though.

Thread Information