Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Veteran

Goty

Just give it to this game already, I thought The Last Of Us had it in the bag or Battlefield 4 had a chance or maybe even Watch Dogs...Those three games dont have a chance against GTA 5!

2013 is over for those that want to be GOTY!
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    I want to ask a question to all you guys, what exactly was added on to this game? What is the thing that makes you fall in love with it? I wanna know all the details!

Supreme Veteran

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's GTA

But it is fresh and never gets old

4. Likes MW2-LgNd wishes they had posted this first.
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by MW2-LgNd View Post
    I want to ask a question to all you guys, what exactly was added on to this game? What is the thing that makes you fall in love with it? I wanna know all the details!
    Some of the biggest to me are:

Stealth: I can shoot a pedestrian from a rooftop with a silenced sniper rifle and not gain a single star. You can also sneak up behind someone and take them out with your hands.

Customization: I can dress up my character in a variety of clothing options and change numerous things on my car, down to the rim color.

Police: They're more aggressive but it's fun escaping from them down some alley, then hoping out of your car and running on foot to a hiding place to wait out their search. They are also actively engaging in other criminals throughout the game.

Little things: Too many to name. There's an ongoing discussion about this part on NeoGAF.

The main complaint I have is I wish we had more single-player heists after the ending, as well as more assassination missions, car thefts and bounty hunting ones. I miss not having a large list of cars I could go and collect, or like in IV, a list of people that needed to be taken care of/apprehended. Of course, things like that will probably be fixed once online becomes available.

6. Likes MW2-LgNd wishes they had posted this first.
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    Wow, so still being impressed by things.

Loaded up the game and it was raining heavily. Started typing on here and the rain slowly faded and it was still cloudy with a little rain. Started driving around and would hit areas where it was sunny but still a slight rain then I'd drive through cloudy areas again.

78.5% done and it's the first I've seen that.
    The weather system was one of the most looked forward to aspects of this game for me, and it didn't disappoint. Its pretty much the best weather system ever in a video game, and that gets my engine going. My first rainstorm was kinda off though but it was a blimp. Its insanely amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkNemesis View Post
    No it isn't, it is just hype. All 3 PS2 games are much better without the irritating family and friends. I want to kill Lamar and Michael's son. The most exciting thing is the strip club. ...which is sad, but no one will admit it since GTAV is the greatest thing since oxygen.
    Regardless of actual play and even fun, the structure of the game and its environment is without equal, I would buy this just to explore and "live" in that gameworld. The family and friends are actually pretty funny and I like the characters and their personalities. Its the best game to come out since Final Fantasy IX in 2000. I'd give the game a 35/10.

Quote Originally Posted by MW2-LgNd View Post
    If I were to boil it down to 3 things it would be this: Hyper-realistic, Physics (Euphoria Engine), Story and what surrounds it.
    Last edited by hoverbike; 09-24-2013 at 05:31.

8. Likes MW2-LgNd wishes they had posted this first.
    Extreme Poster
    the biggest change in GTA5 is the environments. they look next-gen. there's not a single game out there, ON THE MARKET right now...that looks better than this...maybe Far Cry 3 and Crysis on PC but overall, you will be more impressed with this than those games, due to the sheer amount of things that fill up the space. it is the most liveliest of all single player games on the planet.

GTA5 is what GTA3 was to PS2. enough said.

10. Likes hoverbike, MW2-LgNd, ttech10 wishes they had posted this first.
    El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkNemesis View Post
    No it isn't, it is just hype. All 3 PS2 games are much better without the irritating family and friends. I want to kill Lamar and Michael's son. The most exciting thing is the strip club. ...which is sad, but no one will admit it since GTAV is the greatest thing since oxygen.
    I'm surprised that anyone actually hates the game. To each their own. You say you don't like the vulgar language and sex yet the most exciting part is the strip club? Interesting.

There are quite a few hip hop radio stations so the radio is a bit unbalanced. I thought Vice City had the best soundtrack but I'm an 80's junkie so haha.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

12. Likes hoverbike wishes they had posted this first.
    Supreme Veteran

Well i will be doing a huge review on this game and explain all and why it is what it is and my loves and hates of the game

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    the biggest change in GTA5 is the environments. they look next-gen. there's not a single game out there, ON THE MARKET right now...that looks better than this...maybe Far Cry 3 and Crysis on PC but overall, you will be more impressed with this than those games, due to the sheer amount of things that fill up the space. it is the most liveliest of all single player games on the planet.

GTA5 is what GTA3 was to PS2. enough said.
    I agree. It's massive, detailed, vibrant, and alive.

For nearly two years I've been pretty burnt out on current gen. I shifted to PC when BF3 came out. I'll dip back in for exclusives like TLOU but even then, I find myself struggling to finish them. I had very high hopes for GTA 5 and after 5 or so hours it's went above and beyond my expectations. At times I'm just in awe....how did Rockstar extract this work of art onto current gen consoles??

I never thought I'd say this, but with PS4's release around the corner, I almost couldn't care less. I'm content playing this till spring, especially with Online coming next week!

15. Likes Sufi wishes they had posted this first.

Thread Information