Latest PSU headlines:

Supreme Veteran

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Metal Gear Solid V info

That other anticipated Number Five, Metal Gear Solid V, has been scheduled for demonstration during this year’s Tokyo Game Show. The TGS schedule

indicates that 2 demos will happen; one tomorrow (delicious) at around 11:55 PM EDT, and on the 20
    th at 11:30 PM. The demos are intended to last 30 minutes each, giving us an hour of beautiful MGSV gameplay, if the demo is different for both sessions.Hideo Kojima, creator of the series, has a lot planned, and worries that if things don’t go especially smoothly, every element he wishes to reveal might not get a chance to show.

The gameplay is going to be streamed live, allowing everyone to discover more answers and mysteries about the game’s elusive storyline and mechanics. The footage will be available on the title’s official website 2 days later, so the video can be enjoyed multiple times (which it will be.)

Regardless of what’s shown, MGSV, so far, looks on to be on track to become one of the best stealth action games to come out of Kojima Productions, and that’s saying quite a lot.
    The game is currently planned for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Check out the stream here: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv152213777
    When the stream is live, it’ll be available right in the link. If there’s any other place to view it, we’ll be sure to update the post.
    http://www.spawnfirst.com/news/metal-gear-solid-v-tgs/

During the gameplay demonstration and presentation on Metal Gear Solid V earlier today, some interesting new information was revealed. The game was being played by Yuji Korekado and presented by Hideo Kojima.One of the journalists on site was Julien Chize from French websiteGameblog.fr, who earlier today held a Q&A session answering questions regarding the demo.

It still hasn’t been confirmed wether Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain will be released as two separate games, but according to Chize, in the way Kojima talks about it suggests that they will indeed be two separate releases.

The demo was being played on a laptop using an Xbox 360 controller. The current gen versions of the game will be more or less similar, but some effects will be toned down, as well as the resolution.

The next-gen demo that will be shown tomorrow will be the same as the demo shown to the journalists: infiltrate Camp Omega and retrieve the red Fox patch bearing the Kojima Productions Los Angeles logo.

However, the demo that will be shown saturday will be a different one. It will take place during the day, which seems to suggest it will be from the Phantom Pain section of the game (since Kojima said earlier Ground Zeroes will take place during the night).

The demo was looking nice, with textures and hair animations that you would expect on current gen consoles. Faces and lighting were beautiful. Chize was disappointed in the animation when Snake landed on the ground, which was heavy and stiff. But other than that, the animations were richer and more detailed than before.

There is no more interface on the screen, but it will be accessible through a menu. The game world will continue while accessing it, so players need to be careful.

Infiltration is more strategic, more responsive and less linear than before. Snake can hide in the shadows and grab an enemy, after which the game will slow down and the player will be given three options: knock out, kill or interrogate. All of these things happen very quickly.

Chize said that while it is strange to hear Sutherland voice Snake, the English voices are very well done. During the demo, Snake was talking to himself. The Codec will also make a return, but this time it will be used whilst the player continues playing.

There will also be many side quests, sometimes with wacky goals. Enemies will speak different languages, depending on the mission. There will also be plenty customization, wether it be for Snake’s base or vehicles, such as customizable helicopters.
    http://metalgearsolid.nl/?p=9609

Debi Mae West appeared on the recent IGN Up At Noon to discuss any and all things related to Metal Gear Solid, especially with Metal Gear Solid V and the recent controversies its faced with the design of Quiet. West is famous for her role as Meryl Silverburgh in Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.While she expressed confusion as to Quiet’s design, West was

genuinely surprised when she found out that David Hayter would not be reprising his role as Solid Snake in the fifth game, eloquently asking, “What the f**k is going on?”

“I had no idea. I don’t get it. Honestly, I don’t know if anyone knows this story but when we did the first Metal Gear, they were going to re-record it and David actually

asked for some money because he deserved it. We all deserved it and they didn’t want to pay us any more than the regular voice over rate. He challenged them to match his voice and they couldn’t. And that’s the thing – he is that character. So I don’t understand…is Kiefer gonna try to sound like him…I mean, I get that their voices are in a very similar place…”

On asked whether that incident might have had an impact on Konami’s decision to drop Hayter, West responded, “I don’t know if it’s…I mean, he’s done how many games, four? It can’t be because this is from 14-15 years ago. I mean, I don’t know.”

So yes, be assured that the reasons for Hayter not playing Snake are still very much up in the air. Metal Gear Solid V will be heading to PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One, with new gameplay footage to debut soon. So stay tuned.
    http://gamingbolt.com/meryl-voice-ac...fk-is-going-on

Veteran
    Well I don't mind if it's two game I would still get them both.

PSN ID
    Loopoiu
    It's just confusing because phantom of pain looks very similar to this one

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    MoneyM07
    I thought this whole "2 games" situation was already sorted out. Ground Zeroes is the prologue and Phantom Pain is basically the rest of the game. Similar to Metal Gear Solid 2. Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain = 1 Game.

Anyways, I'm excited for this game. I still watch the E3 trailer to this day. Epic

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Epyon_1 View Post
    I thought this whole "2 games" situation was already sorted out. Ground Zeroes is the prologue and Phantom Pain is basically the rest of the game. Similar to Metal Gear Solid 2. Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain = 1 Game.

Anyways, I'm excited for this game. I still watch the E3 trailer to this day. Epic
    I think it was the other way around, GZ is the prologue and Phantom Pain is the actual game but I could be mistaken, either way Kojima said together they make MGS 5 but he never said if it would be sort of like 2-in-1 or 2 separate games.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    MoneyM07
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    I think it was the other way around, GZ is the prologue and Phantom Pain is the actual game but I could be mistaken, either way Kojima said together they make MGS 5 but he never said if it would be sort of like 2-in-1 or 2 separate games.
    Lol that's what I said. Well isn't Ground Zeroes basically one mission? If so, then it's basically what I said. Just like MGS2

Superior Member
    Either way I saw alot of pop in on the XBO version in the daytime sand scenes and none here.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    I had a feeling, a feeling that I never thought I'd feel before in a traditional Metal Gear Solid game. I felt the influence of the broader audience. Slow-motion? Don't know if I'm going to like this! But I'll keep my Spartan reserve as Kojima has never failed me. But I don't know. First it's Slow-motion, next its duel-wielding and then... final stand.

Please God, no.

$Greatness$ Awaits

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    MoneyM07
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    I had a feeling, a feeling that I never thought I'd feel before in a traditional Metal Gear Solid game. I felt the influence of the broader audience. Slow-motion? Don't know if I'm going to like this! But I'll keep my Spartan reserve as Kojima has never failed me. But I don't know. First it's Slow-motion, next its duel-wielding and then... final stand.

Please God, no.
    Yeah I didn't like the slow motion thing either and I felt that the fans wouldn't like that either. Maybe it's on the easiest level of difficulty. I also noticed a little Batman Arkham in there.

But I have this feeling that this will be the last MGS he does. Although the spinoff with the Boss is welcomed, I think he should end with this one.

Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    I didn't like the slow mo, regen health and batman vision. Feels, "casual" for some reason. Compared to previous MGS titles. Hopefully it's just on easy mode or something, or hopefully they offer a "classic" mode with rations and no xray vision.

Superior Member
    Do we KNOW which Gameplay footage was on which machine?
    We KNOW the gameplay demo in the yard was PS4 because of the intro and the rest of seeing him play it, then, the presentation for the XBOX people later seemed to just be a replay of the PS4 demo EXACTLY with him superimposed over it with XBOX green in the background?
    I know the earlier footage out in the desert, the first footage, was XBONE.
    Anything else we can confirm?

PSU Live Streamer
    Heres some wicked video on the game

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Thread Information