Master Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Jim Ryan: PS4 can login to multiple accounts at once

PS3 had required the devs to include this feature in their game, now it is standard.

During an “Ask me anything” with GamerNo, a Norwegian website SCEE Boss Jim Ryan has revealed that gamers can log into multiple accounts on the PlayStation 4, much like they can on the Xbox 360.

“Since the reveal of the PS4 I have been wondering if it will be able to have two or more profiles logged in at the same time like the Xbox 360 is. We really want to play on a Playstation, but have felt that we had to prioritse the 360 this generation because of this feature. I hope it is not the case this time around.[...]

Good morning Iselin, really glad to hear that you are looking forward to our launch. I have some good news for you – up to four profiles can be signed in on one console on PS4. Thanks for your question, Jim”
    http://pixelenemy.com/sony-say-that-...playstation-4/
    Last edited by Bitbydeath; 09-18-2013 at 22:53.

2. Likes Two4DaMoney , TAZ427 likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    About time it will be great for people earning trophies and trying to unlock content at the same house for split screen games etc

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, Seagate 500GB 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up HDD), HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I was hard pressed to think of a need for this.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I was hard pressed to think of a need for this.
    Mainly so people can earn trophies under their own account rather than the rewards being lost to a 'guest' account.

Elite Member
    Items User name style
    Was always annoying playing split screen online games and everyone being. Merchant, Merchant(2), Merchant(3) etc.
    Good to know that won't be a problem next gen.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Hmm... this is already around, right?

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Hmm... this is already around, right?
    Not at the system level.
    You could only do it once you were in a game, providing that game was coded with that functionality.
    Most PS3 games incorporate it these days though so people don't tend to notice.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Hopeful it will be implemented so that you can store the Login and Password if you want for the multiple profiles so you don't have to enter a password for the ones other than the primary account. I want to select the user when I get in by an Avatar or something like that. This will make it a lot easier dealing with my son (11yrs old) who will start playing my games and selecting continue which really F's up games with a story. Trying to get him to start his own game save is about as hard as getting him to do his homework without being told 3 times.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    NYFAN75
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    Hopeful it will be implemented so that you can store the Login and Password if you want for the multiple profiles so you don't have to enter a password for the ones other than the primary account. I want to select the user when I get in by an Avatar or something like that. This will make it a lot easier dealing with my son (11yrs old) who will start playing my games and selecting continue which really F's up games with a story. Trying to get him to start his own game save is about as hard as getting him to do his homework without being told 3 times.
    3 times??? That is all?? Damn it is like pulling teeth to get my daughter to get her homework done... Just now we have been sitting at the table for nearly 2 hrs to write 6 sentences..

11. Likes ps3isawesome , TAZ427 likes this post
    Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by NYFAN75 View Post
    3 times??? That is all?? Damn it is like pulling teeth to get my daughter to get her homework done... Just now we have been sitting at the table for nearly 2 hrs to write 6 sentences..
    Well really the wife has to say it about 20 times, I (the enforcer) only have to yell at him 3 times. If it goes past three, he knows I'll start taking privileges away, and I don't fold.

2hrs for 6 sentences sounds about right for my Dyslexic little 11 yr old angel w/ horns.

13. Likes NYFAN75, ps3isawesome likes this post
    Apprentice

Something I've been hoping to see is saved games linked to accounts. So if I play and save a game, when my g/f plays a game, she doesn't even see my save file. This would stop the accidental overwrite of other files. Playing GTA V has me wishing for this even more! That way when I log in and start playing it continues with my story mode and not hers if she has played it more recently.

Thread Information