Latest PSU headlines:

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

New Dark Souls II Info You May Love Or Hate

• Possible to be invaded while hollow.
    • Humanity scrapped, replaced with a single item like Stone of Ephemeral Eyes.
    • Repeated deaths while hollow decrease max HP up to 50%.
    • White phantoms now have a limited duration, may have to leave sooner if they do too much work for the host player.
    • More visible blood stains and messages thanks to being server-based instead of P2P, messages no longer require an item to write.
    • Way of Blue covenant summons a player phantom to help defend if you get invaded.
    • 3 item slots per hand, 10 consumable item slots. UI is much denser and more detailed, less scrolling necessary.
    • Agility stat that increases movement and dodge speed. Existing stats being retooled, such as Dexterity making bleeding/poison more effective.

Source - http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/18/474...ta-preview-tgs
    Looks like im playing by myself offline because i cant stand forced PVP.

RIP Oculus Rift

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Possible to be invaded while hollow
    It's over! GAME FREAKING OVER!!! We cannot survive!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Super Elite
    I ain't worried cause I fight for my life in that game! LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] In the darkest abyss I still see you with my perfect sharigan young jedi!

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Possible to be invaded while hollow.
    WHY?! I stayed Hollow 95% of the time to avoid that garbage.

Repeated deaths while hollow decrease max HP up to 50%.
    So Dark Souls limits health items to make it seem hard, and now Dark Souls 2 is going to push that even further.. awesome

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    I found out invasions are easy to deal with. 1. Just wait at the bonfire. 2. Once you get kicked from the bonfire as the flames go out, run to the spawn point with haste. 3. Profit!!!

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Going to preorder ce soon. Man this game going to be so hard.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

fantastic

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Possible to be invaded while hollow.
    Really lame.

Humanity scrapped, replaced with a single item like Stone of Ephemeral Eyes.
    k
    Repeated deaths while hollow decrease max HP up to 50%.
    k

White phantoms now have a limited duration, may have to leave sooner if they do too much work for the host player.
    Really lame.

More visible blood stains and messages thanks to being server-based instead of P2P, messages no longer require an item to write.
    Good

Way of Blue covenant summons a player phantom to help defend if you get invaded.
    Cool

3 item slots per hand, 10 consumable item slots. UI is much denser and more detailed, less scrolling necessary.
    We'll see

Agility stat that increases movement and dodge speed. Existing stats being retooled, such as Dexterity making bleeding/poison more effective.
    yeah cos dexterity really needed a buff right

Elite Guru
    I like the majority of the changes, including being invaded whilst hollow and summons being sent home early if doing too much of the work. Puts more emphasis on the player.

However, they need to make sure the game is glitch free and 'balanced' reasonably fairly. Black phantoms that run through the game low level to get the high powered items and troll you is not fun. If there's no way to avoid (or at least minimise) that, players will probably just play offline, actually hurting the ecosystem more than helping it.

Home Theater Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Looks like im playing by myself offline because i cant stand forced PVP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    I stayed Hollow 95% of the time to avoid that garbage.
    You guys are playing it wrong. The whole invasion aspect is one of the series' biggest attractions.

11. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 wishes they had posted this first.
    Super Elite
    Sounds like some controversial decisions--which is good, considering the more 'hardcore' fan-base of these games have had their heads driven so far up their own asses that they could do to be rattled around a bit.

It will be annoying, sure, but I think it cool that the threat of invasion always looms. I also like the blue covenant bit--I'm totally down for being summoned to help a new or cornered player fend off an invader. I'll do my best to make my guy look like Captain America if that's the case.

Most of the rest just seems like stuff implemented to streamline some of the more cumbersome mechanics without necessarily affecting the difficulty and atmosphere of the game, which to me are the best aspects of the series.

As for agility, we'll have to see just how far it's taken. I want to make my guy super fast and do ballerina circles around enemies, using the weakest dagger, and poke them into poisonous oblivion, and once I've killed them do Captain America-inspired pelvic thrusts center-screen just as they fade away. Then write them nasty messages rife with phallic puns.
    Last edited by Forcedme; 10-06-2013 at 05:12.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    This invading stuff, will force every player to build their char based on pvp in mind and it is so lame.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    You guys are playing it wrong. The whole invasion aspect is one of the series' biggest attractions.
    I disagree completely

The biggest attractions are
    -The combat
    -The atmosphere
    -The enemy designs
    -The rewarding difficulty

PVP should always be 100% optional in every game unless your whole game is just competitive online like Battlefield 2 or Counter-Strike.

RIP Oculus Rift

Super Elite
    You know, this may encourage people to form bands with other players--because no one wants to die, they enlist the aide of friends to journey with them in the event of an invasion. Then there's the covenant designed explicitly for those players who want to be pelvic-thrusting bastions of justice in defending the invaded. And if this still seems too much of a hassle, the option of merely disengaging yourself from the serves while playing is available.

The more I think about this the more I'm convinced it's a good idea. It further establishes Dark Souls as a game that has deviated from the crowd and (proudly) formed its own identity. This one change is going to change the entire dynamic, and I think it will be interesting to see how the community pans out come day of release.

Thread Information