Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

GTAV PC Port in Beta testing? [Screenshots inside]

One of the Reddit user “DevBuild” is saying that, “Rockstar Games is currently beta testing Grand Theft Auto V PC version,” and claims himself to be a tester from Rockstar Toronto; who has been received with the dev build of PC version of GTA V. He also have shared with us the screenshots (via. Reddit) of GTA V PC version and detailed, “30/60 fps lock(swap) lock 1280×720(1920×1080 with black bars like LA NOIRE ) Middle graphics lock Good optimization (GTX 550 50~60fps).” Nothing else revealed by the user.

Could be fake, just a video of console being played back with the fraps counter on top
    Last edited by Itachi; 09-19-2013 at 15:42.

2. Likes claud3, MonkeyClaw likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Nice! Now if someone would just post the GTAV PS4 beta versions...

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Looks nice... But 2014 will be the year
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    Nice! Now if someone would just post the GTAV PS4 beta versions...
    There wont be a port for the PS4 as officially stated by Rockstar.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    Never underestimate the power of a lie! I think it will eventually make it to the PS4, but I have a feeling it won't happen until next year since they don't want to take any focus off of the PS3/360 releases. If they don't mention anything at TGS then I will go out and get it for the PS3 this weekend!

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Good, now the PC elitists can shut the $#@! up.

8. Likes MonkeyClaw likes this post
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybertox View Post
    If they do make a PC version I hardly doubt they won't come up with a PS4/XBone version as well.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    While I do believe there will be a PC version, I don't think this is actual proof.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    While I do believe there will be a PC version, I don't think this is actual proof.
    Same. I could do the same thing from vid cap software.

Extreme Poster
    you know i have a crazy idea. I don't think they will come out with a GTA 5. I know the chances of this are slim but i was just thinking that GTA 5 is nothing like anything on the market and not coming out with a PC version...which is what...a million copies? but think of the traffic these consoles will get moving on. If people keep waiting, some will croak and get it for the consoles...then they can charge them for DLC, as i doubt anyone buys DLC on PC when you can just have fun with mods.

i honestly think it'd be "stupid" to come out with a PS4/X1 version as well. It's more "smart" to start working on GTA6 for next-gen and PC. Think about it.

Still a better chance of PS4/X1 versions of GTA5 coming out eventually but Rockstar knows that people will buy the current gen versions if they hold off the rest. More user base out there for the two consoles.

of course, they are likely just not admitting due to strategic reasons...but just a couple of crazy theories.

Ultimate Veteran
    I have been saying for a while that they wouldn't come out with next-gen ports of GTA V. A PC version makes sense because they have a huge following there and with GTA IV, Rockstar waited until after the console versions were released to announce it. And nowadays, I'm more used to playing GTA games without aim-assist on the PC.

What bugs me is that certain people choose not to believe a talented development studio and instead parrot the same comments about the PS4's easier to develop for architecture. I really am excited for what may be the second coming of the PS2 for Sony so why wouldn't you want to see them develop a new game from the ground up that actually takes advantage of the new hardware?
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 09-20-2013 at 15:02.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I have been saying for a while that they wouldn't come out with next-gen ports of GTA V. A PC version makes sense because they have a huge following there and with GTA IV, Rockstar waited until after the console versions were released to announce it. And nowadays, I'm more used to playing GTA games without aim-assist on the PC.
    PC wouldn't sell many copies though. How many GTA4 copies were sold on PC? They will likely come out with a it still.

However, they can monetize on next-gen consoles but there is also a slight possibility that they might skip that as they know people already can buy current gen but it might make more sense for them to start from scratch with a next-gen GTA6 asap.

That'd be the smart thing to do but it would be more stable to just come out with a next-gen version of GTA5 first. I think they should just go for the GTA6 so we can have that earlier.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    PC wouldn't sell many copies though. How many GTA4 copies were sold on PC? They will likely come out with a it still.

However, they can monetize on next-gen consoles but there is also a slight possibility that they might skip that as they know people already can buy current gen but it might make more sense for them to start from scratch with a next-gen GTA6 asap.

That'd be the smart thing to do but it would be more stable to just come out with a next-gen version of GTA5 first. I think they should just go for the GTA6 so we can have that earlier.
    It would be greedy of console gamers to expect a next-gen port and have the PC fanbase left hanging. Rockstar owes the PC fanbase a decent, working port of GTA V after the criticism they got with GTA IV. I'm guessing this will be Rockstar Leeds' job (supposedly they've hired more PC devs).

Extreme Poster
    It would be greedy of console gamers to expect a next-gen port and have the PC fanbase left hanging. Rockstar owes the PC fanbase a decent, working port of GTA V after the criticism they got with GTA IV. I'm guessing this will be Rockstar Leeds' job (supposedly they've hired more PC devs).
    that's not how it works though right. if PC fanbase actually starts buying their games, they wouldn't shun them out to begin with. it's all about money, no one owes anyone anything.

it's give and take. i still think they will eventually come out with a PC version but really it wouldn't be a huge loss if they didn't.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    You're just guessing the numbers are low though. They definitely wouldn't be console caliber, but it's still a lot of money.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    You're just guessing the numbers are low though. They definitely wouldn't be console caliber, but it's still a lot of money.
    what is your guess? when was the last time you saw GTA for the PC on top 10? why doesn't R* release PC info? why do they ignore PC? not to mention, generally multiplat games do not sell more than a mil to a mil and a half on PC.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    If this is too be believed then the PC version will be capped so they'll just say the game is rubbish because it doesn't show their hardwares supremacy over 8 year old hardware.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    what is your guess? when was the last time you saw GTA for the PC on top 10? why doesn't R* release PC info? why do they ignore PC? not to mention, generally multiplat games do not sell more than a mil to a mil and a half on PC.
    PC has gone digital, Steam doesn't release numbers.

I think it's smarter to release the PC version later on, but I'm not happy about it lol. I'm currently in another country so I can't play on my consoles.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    If this is too be believed then the PC version will be capped so they'll just say the game is rubbish because it doesn't show their hardwares supremacy over 8 year old hardware.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4
    it will show the supremacy for sure. but the game wasn't designed for PC so it's not going to take advantage of the extra oomph available on PC hardware.
    PC has gone digital, Steam doesn't release numbers.

I think it's smarter to release the PC version later on, but I'm not happy about it lol. I'm currently in another country so I can't play on my consoles.
    all i'm saying is that if it mattered, we'd see it. you can look at total GTA sales and then take out 360/PS3 and you see that the rest is just a mil or two at max.

then you have PC gamers wanting more (for a good reason) and that requires more tweaking, albeit if it was designed for the PC, it wouldn't require as much tweaking as it does on a console but the money is there so that's ok.

PC gamers are getting shafted with time and value. i think this game needs more attention on PC as it's quite unique from all the other GTAs and open-world games in general.

it's smarter to release on PC later because of the problems i listed. why would anyone put more resources into something when the returns aren't going to be as large?
    Last edited by Omar; 09-20-2013 at 16:17.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    I agree, but I doubt they'll skip it. Are there proper 360/ps3 numbers? There's only the totals that are announced.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Conveniently uses "autohide taskbar" also when playing a game in windowed mode it usually looks like this, with the red X in the top right and the title of the game in the border.

Extreme Poster
    I agree, but I doubt they'll skip it. Are there proper 360/ps3 numbers? There's only the totals that are announced.
    yea i don't think they will skip it either but so far what they're doing, i am seeing a lot of crazy possibilities. they're definitely not going by the norm and it makes total sense being such an important developer.

pretty sure that are totals for both versions of the consoles. i have seen them from time to time.

Ultimate Veteran
    I don't care for superior graphics myself and I doubt the average PC gamer plays their games on the highest graphics settings and/or resolution. GTA V just needs all-around good optimization so someone doesn't end up typing a comprehensive guide to make the PC version playable like they did with the last release.

Extreme Poster
    I don't care for superior graphics myself and I doubt the average PC gamer plays their games on the highest graphics settings and/or resolution. GTA V just needs all-around good optimization so someone doesn't end up typing a comprehensive guide to make the PC version playable like they did with the last release.
    hmm good point.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post

B/c getting the shaft a lot makes you quiet and only the PC elitists are the ones begging for GTA V on PC,,,,,

Thread Information