Latest PSU headlines:

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Dark Cloud/Dark Chronicle General Discussion Thread

I loved playing these games on the PlayStation 2 so I thought I'd dedicate an official thread to them. For those of you not familiar with the series, the games, Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2 (also known as Dark Chronicle) were action-RPGs that married dungeon-crawling and city-building. If you're a fan of Level-5, you owe it to yourself to not miss out on these unique gems.

I also have some questions for fellow fans:

1. Are you a bigger fan of Dark Cloud or its sequel?
    2. Although Level-5 never worked on a Dark Cloud 3, they did introduce the Georama system into White Knight Chronicles as an online mode. Did you like or dislike this addition?
    3. Do you agree that Gundorada Workshop is possibly the best track in Dark Cloud 2?

Ultimate Veteran
    Oh lawd! No love for Dark Cloud?

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Thats kind of sad these games are great, I love and hate bits and pieces from each. Cant fully recall what, its been sooo long - and these games are quite expensive for how old they are.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Actually funny thing never heard much about these games even in PS2 era they both looked fun, and honestly was hoping that an HD Collection or even a PSN release would happen kind of waiting on a lot of games to get PSN releases at this point LOL.

Ultimate Veteran
    I still have my physical copies but it's been a while since I last played them. I was surprised that they have yet to be re-released.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Absolutely loved the first game. Sadly, I was still in my formational years as an RPG veteran (AKA, I sucked terribly at playing games skillfully), so I never managed to beat the game. I made it to the ending dungeon of the first game but I just couldn't bring myself to continue because the enemies were pretty powerful and my weapon was kind of weak. I was aiming to get the ultimate weapon but it just took too long and I lost interest. I'm gonna have to go back and beat that game one day. I loved the georama system they had going on.

Dark Cloud 2: I own it, but I never made it past the initial section of the game. I've never really enjoyed camera mechanics in games, and that really turned me off when I first bought it. I also just wasn't expecting anything like what I was seeing. I only hear good things about the game though (and my brother, whose tastes were similar to mine at the time just more refined due to age, also liked it - indicating I probably would too now), so maybe after I beat my current catalog of games I will pick this one back up.

So no worries Blacksite, there is plenty of love for these games, or at least, for the first one.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Ultimate Veteran
    I don't actually recall as many people discussing the original. But you really should give the sequel another try. A lot of its levels are magical, great atmosphere, and there's more to do.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Arimax View Post
    Actually funny thing never heard much about these games even in PS2 era they both looked fun, and honestly was hoping that an HD Collection or even a PSN release would happen kind of waiting on a lot of games to get PSN releases at this point LOL.
    The first is on PSN.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Thread Information