Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Guild Wars isn't true F2P. You still have to buy the game.

TF2 is only there because it's not really a big title. it doesn't get any updates either.

the PS2 model is probably the best we can get without microtransactions being shoved down our throats.

i think most F2P models will suck this generation. because publishers can get away with it on the consoles.
    Just started playing Blacklight Retribution and I am doing well and having fun without spending a penny
    PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by roy8846 View Post
    Just started playing Blacklight Retribution and I am doing well and having fun without spending a penny
    it's a good way to check out a game. i would not want a non-MMO F2P game though, those usually are limited in fun and you're better off buying the whole game.

but i guess it's good for demo purposes.

have you guys seen the tekken f2p thing? freaking awful! they must think everyone is an idiot. charging money like it's the arcades...lol on our own damn console with our own damn electricity.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Guild Wars isn't true F2P. You still have to buy the game.

TF2 is only there because it's not really a big title. it doesn't get any updates either.

the PS2 model is probably the best we can get without microtransactions being shoved down our throats.

i think most F2P models will suck this generation. because publishers can get away with it on the consoles.
    TF2 is actually a pretty big title on steam and makes a lot of money from people purely buying cosmetic items that does not impact the game. It actually gets a decent amount of updates too, especially for a game that came out in 2007. You can get all the weapon drops and there are very few limits between premium and free.

Personally I like the method because you only spend money if you want your class to have a different titled weapon or some hat they wear. But the game doesn't gimp you on equipment that you can use. You don't have to grind for 40 hours or more to unlock a single weapon, on the store you can even rent a weapon to try it out if you must.

I agree that F2P models will probably suck. I mean they are trying to make money, so expect them to try and get your money in any way they can.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyRules View Post
    Can you really make this statement without seeing a finished product?
    I'm just calling it now, the game will be meh. We will see though. I'd like to be mistaken but just not going to be optimistic

Master Guru
    Deep Down is free to play? I already thought it looked good now i'm sold.

Thread Information