Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore View Post
    The PS3 has been Sony's most disappointing by far i think it's placed perfectly!
    It could be the worst console ever, 360 should still be closer to the PS3.

Now, from the perspective of new innovations being brought, yea, I could see that and that's arguable. But they said this generation was not only the best, 360 was the best console to play games on for 8 straight years. lol nice.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    No doubt, I agree with the article. That stance has changed over the past year though.

It's a huge salute for Sony to have the PS2 on the top of that list, and I believe when this article is done in the next five years this list will be:

1. PS2
    2. PS4
    3. PS1
    This. lol

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    It could be the worst console ever, 360 should still be closer to the PS3.

Now, from the perspective of new innovations being brought, yea, I could see that and that's arguable. But they said this generation was not only the best, 360 was the best console to play games on for 8 straight years. lol nice.
    You've not had a 360 for 8 years though have you? For me it's easily the 2nd best console i've owned behind PS2 and infront of the PS1, Megadrive & Snes.
    Last edited by UkHardcore; 09-22-2013 at 14:16.
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    The PS3 and 360 should be tied for second, imo. Based on the overall gaming experiences, nope....just don't see a huge difference between the two. Frankly, PS3 at 7 is a joke, but whatever. There is a fairly large gap between the PS2 and every other console listed.

ok...why not...

1. PlayStation 2
    2. Xbox 360/PlayStation 3
    3. PlayStation
    4. Nintendo 64
    5. Xbox
    6. Will
    7. Dreamcast
    8. Gamecube
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    NES and SNES are even matched for my gaming experiences. Those will never be touched in comparisons so for me it's not even worth bringing those consoles up. I can go back and play NES and SNES games, I can't say the same for the future of Xbox 360 or PS3. There are no games for either of these consoles. 20 years down the road there is no way I am going to be like "hmmm, I feel like playing a PS3 game" or "hmmmm, I feel like playing an Xbox 360 game". There are no games that are offering this nostalgic point for either of those consoles. Not even close to what retro consoles and PC can do for nostalgic purposes.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    NES and SNES are even matched for my gaming experiences. Those will never be touched in comparisons so for me it's not even worth bringing those consoles up. I can go back and play NES and SNES games, I can't say the same for the future of Xbox 360 or PS3. There are no games for either of these consoles. 20 years down the road there is no way I am going to be like "hmmm, I feel like playing a PS3 game" or "hmmmm, I feel like playing an Xbox 360 game". There are no games that are offering this nostalgic point for either of those consoles. Not even close to what retro consoles and PC can do for nostalgic purposes.
    You make a great point! Maybe the kids of today will look back though to the 360/PS3 with the same fondness we do with the 8bit/16bit consoles?
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

Forum Sage
    There's no other way to look at it if you're talking about games. The rest are on both consoles. Marginal differences in graphics. Give or take a few network games here and there.

I donno man, it depends on how you look at it, they had eyepet, MAG, White Knight Chronicles, Heavy Rain, MLB, GOW3, ModNation Racers. I mean, it's a decent list but it doesn't blow away KZ2, UC2 and Demon Souls. maybe what you're thinking is that this is right about when MS stopped caring about the core so PS3 starts to look good in 2010. I would argue that 2009 was their best year.
    while that's true, the perspective we're looking at is how it is compared to the 360's OS and it's still a far cry from it.

honestly i don't see a huge difference between 2006 and 2013...other than in-game XMB and a few aesthetics. There hasn't been a major overhaul...just things, like you said, should've been there from the beginning. I mean, we couldn't even download demos in the background in the beginning for $#@!'s sake!
    To add to the overall conversation, this is not directly in response to you Sufi. I quoted you to indicate my post is in response to this conversation. I think you addressed mynd's point well.

If we are going to talk about the improvements Sony's made to the PS3. You have to acknowledge the same of Microsoft.

They made improvements to the X360. It wasn't perfect either. Microsoft completely revamped the original OS and released the NXE. After that, they updated it again with the new metro look. I don't think those updates were done just to give Xbox 360 a new look.

mynd - you're trying to discount the opinions of those who have had the PS3 as their main console. It's relevant to this discussion. People who had the PS3 from 2007 to 2009 weren't suffering as bad as you think they did. You are also giving too much importance to certain features.

You keep mentioning bad ports as one reason. You've not really played those on the PS3, have you? So you don't know how much we suffered. lol. They were never that bad. The worst I can think of is The Orange Box. The others? Not so bad....I own some and have played/finished them [on the PS3.]

Yeah, PS3 owners can't mark those games on their list as being better than their X360 counter-parts but so what? Not to mention the majority of gamers don't have both consoles and won't be playing both versions at the same time to point out the differences.

I've met people with only X360 who think the PS3 version is better [when online it's stated otherwise.] So, the points you bring up as obvious, are only OBVIOUS to you.

Most of my friends also think the same. People don't care about things like these as much as us.

8. Likes Omar, mistercrow likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Nope.
    A hand full of bro-generic exclusives mean nothing to me
    I'd swap PS3 and 360, sounds more right.

Games:
    Final Fantasy X
    Kingdom Hearts 1.5
    ICO x SToC
    Ratchet and Clank collection
    Jak and Daxter collection
    Sly Cooper collection
    inFamous
    LittleBigPlanet
    Gran Turismo
    Uncharted
    The last of us
    God of War
    MotorStorm
    WipEout
    Demon Souls
    Heavy Rain
    Journey
    Super Rub a Dub
    Super Stardust

And so on, no wonder PS3 has outsold the 360 world wide. If you think the 360 deserves second place fair enough, but PS3 is king.
    Last edited by mickice; 09-22-2013 at 19:58.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore View Post
    You've not had a 360 for 8 years though have you? For me it's easily the 2nd best console i've owned behind PS2 and infront of the PS1, Megadrive & Snes.
    but the article isn't talking about something subjective dude. they're looking at it objectively. you can't say this when there aren't many games to play against the competition. that sounds bogus.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    To add to the overall conversation, this is not directly in response to you Sufi. I quoted you to indicate my post is in response to this conversation. I think you addressed mynd's point well.

If we are going to talk about the improvements Sony's made to the PS3. You have to acknowledge the same of Microsoft.

They made improvements to the X360. It wasn't perfect either. Microsoft completely revamped the original OS and released the NXE. After that, they updated it again with the new metro look. I don't think those updates were done just to give Xbox 360 a new look.

mynd - you're trying to discount the opinions of those who have had the PS3 as their main console. It's relevant to this discussion. People who had the PS3 from 2007 to 2009 weren't suffering as bad as you think they did. You are also giving too much importance to certain features.
    I'm just trying to look at what each system brought to the table in terms of feature sets etc, weather you were affected directly by the lack of cross game chat for example, isnt really relveant, I mena I hardly ever use it, but the fact still remians it was a fature that MS implemented.
    If you like I htink they set the template for next generations kick off point.
    Some of the funkier features (background downloading, multiple profile sign in's) coming to the PS4, are already implemented in the 360.

You keep mentioning bad ports as one reason. You've not really played those on the PS3, have you? So you don't know how much we suffered. lol. They were never that bad. The worst I can think of is The Orange Box. The others? Not so bad....I own some and have played/finished them [on the PS3.]
    Pirates of the Caribbean was truly aweful.

Yeah, PS3 owners can't mark those games on their list as being better than their X360 counter-parts but so what? Not to mention the majority of gamers don't have both consoles and won't be playing both versions at the same time to point out the differences.

I've met people with only X360 who think the PS3 version is better [when online it's stated otherwise.] So, the points you bring up as obvious, are only OBVIOUS to you.

Most of my friends also think the same. People don't care about things like these as much as us.
    I wasn't just referring to the odd texture here or there.
    There were plenty of occasions where day one games on the PS3 were just broken, and required patching. This was most common on the online portion of games.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I'm just trying to look at what each system brought to the table in terms of feature sets etc, weather you were affected directly by the lack of cross game chat for example, isnt really relveant, I mena I hardly ever use it, but the fact still remians it was a fature that MS implemented.
    If you like I htink they set the template for next generations kick off point.
    Some of the funkier features (background downloading, multiple profile sign in's) coming to the PS4, are already implemented in the 360.
    PS3 had background downloading quite early in it's life cycle. X360 didn't have all the features it has now day one. Microsoft also added them over the course of the console's lifecycle.

But fair enough.

Pirates of the Caribbean was truly aweful.
    I only played the demo for this and it wasn't 'unplayable.' What was your experience like?

I wasn't just referring to the odd texture here or there.
    There were plenty of occasions where day one games on the PS3 were just broken, and required patching. This was most common on the online portion of games.
    Right, and you know this how? Oh right, you just read about it online. People having trouble will be very vocal about their issues. Anyhow, care to tell me which games?

Only asking to see if I have them and how my experience compares.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    PS3 had background downloading quite early in it's life cycle. X360 didn't have all the features it has now day one. Microsoft also added them over the course of the console's lifecycle.

But fair enough.

I only played the demo for this and it wasn't 'unplayable.' What was your experience like?
    Awefull, I played this and the F1 game as my first experience of the PS3 in a local electronics shop. Neither left me impressed, still it was very early on.
    Right, and you know this how? Oh right, you just read about it online. People having trouble will be very vocal about their issues. Anyhow, care to tell me which games?

Only asking to see if I have them and how my experience compares.
    Online games broken at or near launch?
    Off the top of my head

-Modern Warfare 2
    -SOCOM
    -Black Ops 2

Forum Sage
    Awefull, I played this and the F1 game as my first experience of the PS3 in a local electronics shop. Neither left me impressed, still it was very early on.

Off the top of my head

-Modern Warfare 2
    -SOCOM
    -Black Ops 2
    I've got both MW2 + Black Ops 2 and since I only play Call of Duty games at launch [then I stop playing afterwards] I don't remember the experience being that bad. If you had said Black Ops 1, sure that game had problems....a lot of it was balance problems + online play.

SOCOM -- which one?

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I've got both MW2 + Black Ops 2 and since I only play Call of Duty games at launch [then I stop playing afterwards] I don't remember the experience being that bad. If you had said Black Ops 1, sure that game had problems....a lot of it was balance problems + online play.

SOCOM -- which one?
    Not Zipper.

Forum Overseer

Off the top of my head

-Modern Warfare 2
    -SOCOM
    -Black Ops 2
    that was the much bigger problem in the beginning. i don't think BLOPS 2 had that. also i think that's the dev's fault. but yes, if we paid for better servers, we wouldn't have that issue. you get what you pay for. but at least after a week or so, it was fine. damn it's free, i don't cur lol.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    that was the much bigger problem in the beginning. i don't think BLOPS 2 had that. also i think that's the dev's fault. but yes, if we paid for better servers, we wouldn't have that issue. you get what you pay for. but at least after a week or so, it was fine. damn it's free, i don't cur lol.

Forum Overseer
    COD always has connection errors. but yes, the first few days are always buggy. like i said, i'm sure MS has a better turn out with that but nothing is perfect honestly. if you don't think so then check out yourself:

Why is my connection so bad in Black Ops 2? | Community

in the beginning of this generation, i think the issues would go on over a week sometimes. i started to notice that companies would come out with patches and stuff right away in the later years. it seems like Live isn't completely free of this either. they probably have more stable servers from the getgo however. but don't care if it's free lol.
    Last edited by Omar; 09-23-2013 at 02:31.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    COD always has connection errors. but yes, the first few days are always buggy. like i said, i'm sure MS has a better turn out with that but nothing is perfect honestly. if you don't think so then check out yourself:

Why is my connection so bad in Black Ops 2? | Community

in the beginning of this generation, i think the issues would go on over a week sometimes. i started to notice that companies would come out with patches and stuff right away in the later years. it seems like Live isn't completely free of this either. they probably have more stable servers from the getgo however. but don't care if it's free lol.
    Meh, issues with party play, at least he is actually playing. And dam, he aint got 3 bar connectivity lag, bug in bar reporting not connection there.
    Standoff is still one of the best maps BTW.

Forum Overseer
    Meh, issues with party play, at least he is actually playing. And dam, he aint got 3 bar connectivity lag, bug in bar reporting not connection there.
    yea you're right, that guy didn't but the issues were still there. look at the link i showed you. also COD has always had more connection issues. way more so with BLOPs.
    Standoff is still one of the best maps BTW.
    standoff is pretty good but i like all of them pretty much.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    yea you're right, that guy didn't but the issues were still there. look at the link i showed you. also COD has always had more connection issues. way more so with BLOPs.

standoff is pretty good but i like all of them pretty much.
    eh, there are some levels I cant stand, there are just awefully designed, Meltdown, Aftermath, Plaza, Turbine. They all lazy, and pretty much the same layout.
    Last edited by mynd; 09-23-2013 at 03:01.

Forum Overseer
    eh, there are some levels I cant stand, there are just awefully designed, Meltdown, Aftermath, Plaza, Turbine. They all lazy, and pretty much the same layout.
    if you're playing other modes like team dm or domination etc...then yea i see what you mean. on S&D, i never found any map bad...just that the game is getting old and there weren't enough maps but they were still good!

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    if you're playing other modes like team dm or domination etc...then yea i see what you mean. on S&D, i never found any map bad...just that the game is getting old and there weren't enough maps but they were still good!
    DLC keeps it fresh enough. Love the older maps they bought back re-imaged. Like Studio/Firing Range.
    I had a go an S&D and no one seems to play it much down under.

Forum Overseer
    i never buy DLC for COD because they don't support S&D and i don't like DLC being attached to my account anyway because i'm not going to keep the game.

Elite Member
    this article is bs and EDGE is trying to save face with its 360 fans. 360 is better than PS3 for one reason and one reason only. It was easier to program for. EDGE maybe just maybe devs use a Microsoft XBOX 360 controller while running tests on XBOX 360 games on their Microsoft Windows OS because its plug and play. 360 was just a much more simple and familiar experience that translated into better games overall within development stages. Resourseful devs in Sonys house pushed the PS3 through a terrible generation where both X360 and PS3 failed to delever. Throughout this generation you could never say one was trully better than the other.
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We donít want to do a PS3 game," or "Itís really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

26. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    i never buy DLC for COD because they don't support S&D and i don't like DLC being attached to my account anyway because i'm not going to keep the game.
    My son is a zombies junkie, he bought all the DLC, I just went a long for the ride

I must say, their isn't many DLC, that effectively supports two entire games like Black Ops does.

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to play the new maps on S&D.

Thread Information