Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    well, i hope i'm not spoiling anything but like one of the character supposedly is going through the same $#@!. too busy with life, doesn't know what kids are up to. well he knows what his son is up to and that's talking $#@! on COD, and i feel bad because i was like that too lol.

but it's just funny that GTA5 pokes at these sort of issues and they really do exist! basically they're trying to say that the new generation is self-centered and all that blah blah, u know, selfies, being on smart phones constantly etc. you can walk around in rich areas and you see a bunch of people just standing on the sidewalk as they click away on their phones.

anyway, i'm sure our generation was thought of being bad as well, and i don't think any generation has ever gotten away without criticism. same old.

but goddamn i wish i could gather all these kids and put some sense into them like those prison speakers...whatever they're called. show them how the prison looks like. sadly they probably look real nice lol so that won't work.
    Yeah, I gotcha. I know what you mean. I'm glad I am bringing my kids up in a way that they don't have to rely on all this stuff. My son is the only one of my three kids with a smart phone, and he doesn't participate in the selfie fad at all. He takes his school work and responsibilities first, then does other things; spends girlfriend time, gaming, hanging out with friends, etc. He's a helluva lot more responsible than me when I was his age. I didn't have parental guidance though. Both my parents were working 5 or 6 days a week, and just kinda let us go and do what we wanted without any guidance really. I did a lot of bad $#@! when I was young. A LOT. So I know first hand how the lack of supervision and guidance just throws away the responsible nature of things.

Fast forward to my kids.... Even when my son goes off for a day or two with his friends, he is given a discussion on what their plans are, safety, and responsibilities. Make no mistake, they know that if they do something wrong, while they'll have our support, it won't be to get them out of trouble. We'll figure out what the problem was, and fix it, but I damn sure won't sweep it under the rug and try and get them out of trouble.

2. Likes Ezekiel, Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Yeah, I gotcha. I know what you mean. I'm glad I am bringing my kids up in a way that they don't have to rely on all this stuff. My son is the only one of my three kids with a smart phone, and he doesn't participate in the selfie fad at all. He takes his school work and responsibilities first, then does other things; spends girlfriend time, gaming, hanging out with friends, etc. He's a helluva lot more responsible than me when I was his age. I didn't have parental guidance though. Both my parents were working 5 or 6 days a week, and just kinda let us go and do what we wanted without any guidance really. I did a lot of bad $#@! when I was young. A LOT. So I know first hand how the lack of supervision and guidance just throws away the responsible nature of things.

Fast forward to my kids.... Even when my son goes off for a day or two with his friends, he is given a discussion on what their plans are, safety, and responsibilities. Make no mistake, they know that if they do something wrong, while they'll have our support, it won't be to get them out of trouble. We'll figure out what the problem was, and fix it, but I damn sure won't sweep it under the rug and try and get them out of trouble.
    yeah, that's how i'd raise my kid(s).

honestly, it's not even the technology that's the problem. it's those parents that just let their kids do whatever. my parents are that way but we just didn't turn out that way. but just being there isn't good enough to be a parent anymore, especially in the U.S., you have to give your kids more exposure to other cultures and religions etc.

yeah, definitely need guidance. i also lacked guidance from my parents. they gave me all the freedom, which is great but they did not tell me what to do about my future. and that sucked hard. so i know what to do with my kids.

being nice to your kids is just not enough anymore. there's so much more that goes into parenting.

i've seen awesome kids with awesome parents and families but these people have no exposure or understanding of people around them. that's so important! knowledge is so important.

Thread Information