Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

First Japanese preview of Forza 5 laments severe visual degradation from E3 version

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    the meltdown

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Meh. Deep Down and Killzone were the same way. The same goes for Battlefield 4. Developers keep wanting to hype us with these true next gen experiences, but then they have to be realistic and tone it all down to run on the actual hardware for us to play.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    Meh. Deep Down and Killzone were the same way. The same goes for Battlefield 4. Developers keep wanting to hype us with these true next gen experiences, but then they have to be realistic and tone it all down to run on the actual hardware for us to play.
    So youre saying that Killzone and Deep Down got huge visual degrades since E3? Source? If anything Killzone kept improving along with Drive Club. Especially from E3 to Gamescom. And we never saw any actual Deep Down gameplay until TGS. And the BF4 gameplay we saw was running on PCs until just recently. So we had no prior console footage to compare it to.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-23-2013 at 02:08.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    So youre saying that Killzone and Deep Down got huge visual degrades since E3? Source? If anything Killzone kept improving along with Drive Club. Especially from E3 to Gamescom. And we never saw any actual Deep Down gameplay until TGS. And the BF4 gameplay we saw was running on PCs until just recently. So we had no prior console footage to compare it to.
    Deep Down and Killzone failed to meet the quality set by their original debuts. Killzone seems to be missing motion blur in the TGS version and Deep Down is seeing some very poor textures all over. And what you are saying about Battlefield 4 only reinforces my point. They sucker us in by debuting with these great next gen visuals and then severely downgrade the visuals to actually run on the hardware.

Here's a tidbit of what Deep Down went through between February and TGS:
    http://postimg.org/image/szrso864b/

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    Deep Down and Killzone failed to meet the quality set by their original debuts. Killzone seems to be missing motion blur in the TGS version and Deep Down is seeing some very poor textures all over. And what you are saying about Battlefield 4 only reinforces my point. They sucker us in by debuting with these great next gen visuals and then severely downgrade the visuals to actually run on the hardware.

Here's a tidbit of what Deep Down went through between February and TGS:
    http://postimg.org/image/szrso864b/
    Killzone SF looks incredible, and infact looks much better than the February reveal. I find it a pity that desperation has caused you to verbally vomit the same lies over and over.

Stop trying to derail the thread. Forza looks worse than the bullshots in at the XBONE reveal in May. Discuss that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    The game is being played on a poorly calibrated tv. Mynd posted the same video that looks better than this.
    Yes... It must be the TV! /s I've heard it all now.
    Last edited by victorijapoosp; 09-23-2013 at 06:02.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Dedicated Member
    Forza 5 will be a great game for sure, but Forza 6 will be worlds better and truely next gen (this isnt).

Forza 6 vs GT7
    PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

Veteran
    Awesome article Crow
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore View Post
    Awesome article Crow
    Yes, Indeed. Not worried one bit about forza. Every video i've seen has been impressive. Garbage N4g stuff.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Yes, Indeed. Not worried one bit about forza. Every video i've seen has been impressive. Garbage N4g stuff.
    I just wonder if he's going to post the positive articles on Forza from TGS...A quick google is all it takes.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore View Post
    I just wonder if he's going to post the positive articles on Forza from TGS...A quick google is all it takes.
    Why is up to him?

Superior Member

Is this a cross-gen game? If so it doesn't look soo bad but if not this has to be an old build.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    Is this a cross-gen game? If so it doesn't look soo bad but if not this has to be an old build.
    Or perhaps what we saw at E3 was running on a PC and not an actual X1. Just a theory/guess, not saying thats a fact. Time will tell I guess.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-23-2013 at 06:33.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Uh you know this was a $#@! about the fact that the monitors were all 720p screens or something.
    I watched the IGN video, hell I posted it here a few days ago. No one else seems to have complained however just Game.watch.
    Last edited by mynd; 09-23-2013 at 03:07.

Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Folks ignore this article. The site is very pro Sony amd full of lies and hate.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Folks ignore this article. The site is very pro Sony amd full of lies and hate.
    Thanks for the heads up, I actually thought HE (the guy they reported on, not the website) praised the game on some aspect (TGS) and hailed it as the best driving game after playing the E3 build...

he actually gave quite high praise to the gameplay and the simulation quality
    “The world’s ultimate racing game: Forza Motorsport 5″.
    That guy definitely reaks of SONY Bias... oh the lies and the hate spewing out of him!

Thanks for your great contribution as always, I can now scratch FM5 off my "to buy" list for 2014 since all he says are deceitful lies!

Bad monitor calibration, 720p, was that a new track? Maybe it wasn't entirely optimized? Forza has always and will always be one of MS top titles, I doubt they would downgrade it like this. Not a first day purchase since I'm not getting the X1 until next year but it is still the first game I'm getting for it.

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Hard to think that the game was toned down in such a time between e3 and tgs... and the since seen videos. I'm not saying it's impossible, just not likely (I hope lol).

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Keep this on topic. This is not a comparison thread.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    The game is being played on a poorly calibrated tv. Mynd posted the same video that looks better than this.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, I actually thought HE (the guy they reported on, not the website) praised the game on some aspect (TGS) and hailed it as the best driving game after playing the E3 build...

That guy definitely reaks of SONY Bias... oh the lies and the hate spewing out of him!

Thanks for your great contribution as always, I can now scratch FM5 off my "to buy" list for 2014 since all he says are deceitful lies!

Bad monitor calibration, 720p, was that a new track? Maybe it wasn't entirely optimized? Forza has always and will always be one of MS top titles, I doubt they would downgrade it like this. Not a first day purchase since I'm not getting the X1 until next year but it is still the first game I'm getting for it.
    Well it's the truth that dualshocker gaming site is very pro Sony ps4 and does nothing but lies and spew hate towards the xbox one. Article should be ignored completely.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Well it's the truth that dualshocker gaming site is very pro Sony ps4 and does nothing but lies and spew hate towards the xbox one. Article should be ignored completely.
    LOL then I guess we should ignore this http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...e-with-P/page2

oops looks like you are being hypocritical again. "this is anti xbox so lets ignore it and bash website, but this makes sony look bad so lets not ignore it and say its truth"
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Dualshocker was REPORTING an interview conducted by ANOTHER website, much like YOU report/post articles from other sites. Does that make you full of hate and lies?

The Sith not a credible source when it comes to SONY news confirmed! Please completely ignore any negativity towards SONY if posted by the sith in the future because he is pro X1!

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Forum Elder
    https://twitter.com/albertpenello/st...17199927341056

Albert Penello ‏@albertpenello @ma1asiah @XboxP3 was just replying. No issues. It was the same build from Gamescom. I've heard the final game is looking even better.
    crikies, it looks even better now than that awesomeness they had at Gamescom..

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    https://twitter.com/albertpenello/st...17199927341056 crikies, it looks even better now than that awesomeness they had at Gamescom..
    Albert Penello - MS PR man. 'nuff said. And tbh what else would he really say?
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-23-2013 at 20:20.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    https://twitter.com/albertpenello/st...17199927341056

crikies, it looks even better now than that awesomeness they had at Gamescom..
    Surprise surprise seems it was bull$#@!!

Well this Thursday will have all the answers at the Eurogamer Expo, If the article is bull$#@! we'l soon find out in 3 days.

Thread Information