Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    That is fact bro. MS has always had a better interface when you compare it to the other two. It's more than just preference. It's one of the things I immediately noticed after i bought xbox-360 in 2008.
    Now you are just being ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore View Post
    It's a bit like saying... AmigaOS is better than Windows 7, It's just not! It's not subjective in the slightest!
    No.....it is like saying Mac OS is better than Windows.

Of course you two think Xbox has the far superior interface. No problem with that. Just drop the "it is a fact" bull$#@!. You're making yourselves look silly.

I prefer the simplicity of the XMB. BTW, your "fact" just disappeared.
    Last edited by Christopher; 09-23-2013 at 21:51.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Now you are just being ridiculous.
    No, I'm being honest. You're free to explain why you think it isn't.

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    No, I'm being honest. You're free to explain why you think it isn't.
    You are giving your honest opinion. That is all.

Edit: So I prefer XMB. Am I a liar?
    Last edited by Christopher; 09-23-2013 at 21:56.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I cleaned up the derailing discussion that ensued after Sith's comment--discuss the post, not the poster please. Thanks!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    I like it better than the 360 menu although I haven't seen the 360 menu for a couple of years. One thing I really hated off the 360 menu were the pages. like flipping a book. I like this layout better but I do NOT like windows 8 on the PC and I wish Microsoft would stop forcing this crappy garbage OS on people and just make another windows system that is more accessible.

I'm not that happy that they are forcing these ads on people that are paying a fee to use it. A $#@!ty move by Microsoft.
    It's actually quite close to this. Thet tested this in earlier stages on the 360 and isn't too far off now.

Personally I'm not a fan of the Windows 8 look hear either. Hell I don't like Windows 8 for that.

Forum Sage

of course, but they are based on facts. We all have preferences. I prefer the xbox-one interface because of the fact that it's always better than the rest.

7. Likes UkHardcore likes this post
    Veteran

Your not a liar you just prefer the inferior one.
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

9. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Bingo!

of course, but they are based on facts. We all have preferences. I prefer the xbox-one interface because of the fact that it's always better than the rest.

12. Likes Two4DaMoney , Admartian likes this post
    Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Well you can say it's a fact that the Xbox 360's ran faster and had way more features than the PS3's. So actually you can say that one interface is factually superior to another.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Well, you can't argue MS did more to try to innovate and keep the 360 dash fresh. But a lot of people obviously didn't mind the xmb as it was. Personally though being sceptical each time they updated it, I always got used to it and felt they did improve it each time, and did find the xmb boring, the new PS4 interface looks like a vast improvement - they're pretty much neck and neck now... don't think I would be disappointed with either.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    Well you can say it's a fact that the Xbox 360's ran faster and had way more features than the PS3's. So actually you can say that one interface is factually superior to another.
    One you can test. The other you can't. /end

16. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    One you can test. The other you can't. /end
    That's an illogical way to dispute the superiority of one over the other. Just because the Xbox One GUI has that whole "TV/Game in a Tile" thing and the PS4 GUI doesn't does not mean they can't be compared. If one is missing features, it simply means the PS4 GUI lacks where the Xbox One picks up on lol.

That's an illogical way to dispute the superiority of one over the other. Just because the Xbox One GUI has that whole "TV/Game in a Tile" thing and the PS4 GUI doesn't does not mean they can't be compared. If one is missing features, it simply means the PS4 GUI lacks where the Xbox One picks up on lol.
    We are not even talking about features, dude. Just the interface itself. The look and feel, navigation, etc. There are no facts about that. Only opinions.

19. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    We are not even talking about features, dude. Just the interface itself. The look and feel, navigation, etc. There are no facts about that. Only opinions.
    The "TV/Game in a Tile" feature IS part of the interface. Interfaces have features. So there are in fact facts of both interfaces that are comparable and measurable.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    The 360's GUI was faster than the xmb? How so?

The "TV/Game in a Tile" feature IS part of the interface. Interfaces have features. So there are in fact facts of both interfaces that are comparable and measurable.
    I give up. You guys bend your opinions into facts all you want.

23. Likes Two4DaMoney , snooper71, Admartian likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    I give up. You guys bend your opinions into facts all you want.
    Lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Bingo!
    No. Not facts. Opinions.

But there's nothing wrong in you thinking it's better (opinion), it just doesn't mean it's universally true (fact).
    huh? What features exactly? And the XMB is pretty quick (not saying it is quicker). Any slowdown I've experienced is when loading it in game.

Again, what features is it "missing"?
    Like CH

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

26. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    huh? What features exactly? And the XMB is pretty quick (not saying it is quicker). Any slowdown I've experienced is when loading it in game.

Again, what features is it "missing"?
    Like CH
    "TV/Game in Tile" is a feature. The PS4 is "missing" this feature. Not that I care to compare the two console's GUIs. I'm just saying they can in fact be compared.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    "TV/Game in Tile" is a feature. The PS4 is "missing" this feature. Not that I care to compare the two console's GUIs. I'm just saying they can in fact be compared.
    Sure. And that can't be dismissed.

But neither can someone that finds little to no value in that feature (or any other feature we can come up with). Thus rendering something like that, from a "1" in the "win column" (*if we're talking childish console war rhetoric); to a scratch (not being a factor whatsoever).

In the end, I don't get why the one you're (read: we, as gamers and consumers alike) using has to be the "best" one- nor do I believe in having to lord it over someone's head; in order to appease some sense of an inner-mental vulnerability.

Comments like, "you have your opinion, it just so happens to be the inferior one" (to which I quoted above in my previous post) are not constructive, nor do I believe them to be mature or accepting for what this community (or really, just the general gaming community) should be.

My .02 cents.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Sure. And that can't be dismissed.

But neither can someone that finds little to no value in that feature (or any other feature we can come up with). Thus rendering something like that, from a "1" in the "win column" (*if we're talking childish console war rhetoric); to a scratch (not being a factor whatsoever).

In the end, I don't get why the one you're (read: we, as gamers and consumers alike) using has to be the "best" one- nor do I believe in having to lord it over someone's head; in order to appease some sense of an inner-mental vulnerability.

Comments like, "you have your opinion, it just so happens to be the inferior one" (to which I quoted above in my previous post) are not constructive, nor do I believe them to be mature or accepting for what this community (or really, just the general gaming community) should be.

My .02 cents.
    I agree that comments like "You opinion is inferior" are utter childish nonsense. But nonetheless, if you can show that one platform's GUI is more than marginally faster with a significant enough of a lead in available features, you can argue it is in fact the better GUI. And people can properly debate which one is better, but I think the problem you are noticing is that usually the people who can civilly debate this are smart enough know it only really matters which GUI is best for themselves as an individual and the people who end up wanting to debate it are nonsense fanboys with nothing better to do.
    Last edited by Foraeli; 09-24-2013 at 02:50.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    I agree that comments like "You opinion is inferior" are utter childish nonsense. But nonetheless, if you can show that one platform's GUI is more than marginally faster with a significant enough of a lead in available features, you can argue it is in fact the better GUI. And people can properly debate which one is better, but I think the problem you are noticing is that usually the people who can civilly debate this are smart enough know it only really matters which GUI is best for themselves as an individual and the people who end up wanting to debate it are nonsense fanboys with nothing better to do.
    I will agree with speed - and even then, one would have to be at snail's pace, and the other lightning fast. From what we've been shown, I can't see speed being a negative factor on either one. Features? To me are a wash; unless it's a gaming prohibitive/enhancing feature that is missing; I don't care to count straws in that regard.

Forum Sage
    That is fact bro. MS has always had a better interface when you compare it to the other two. It's more than just preference. It's one of the things I immediately noticed after i bought xbox-360 in 2008.
    Yeah, no wonder they had to update it like two times. I would say you can't be serious but I know you are.

XMB isn't perfect. No one is saying that.....but it is simpler. Sony has added a few things that they didn't really need to but it has maintained the overall experience from the beginning.

I think, 'Fact' is a statement that must be accompanied with a proven data/evidence.

example:
    The top speed of this car is 200mph - this is a fact based on the measured data
    This car is the fastest car in the world - this is not a fact unless supported by data. for example, a data showing the top speed of every single car in the world.

saying a console has better interface without providing any data to support is not fact. Unless you say this interface is better or the best because the response time on the UI is 50% faster compared to the rest. Even this is debatable since you define `best' based on the interface response time alone.

I don't think that we can use the word `fact' on a personal preference or subjective matter.
    Proud owner of :
    Sony PS3, Sony PS2, Sony PS1, Sony LCD TV, Sony DVD Player, Sony Camcorder, Sony Digicam, Sony Walkman, Sony Car Stereo, Sony Vaio VGC-S series, Sony Ericsson P990, Sony Ericsson P910, Sony STR-DE875, Sony STR-DB930, Sony VAIO VGC-LA1, Sony DSLR-A100, Sony DSLR-A350, Sony PSvita, Sony VAIO-P, Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc, Sony DSLR-A77, Sony VAIO Duo 11

Thread Information