Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

Respawn is glad that Titanfall won't be out at Xbox One's launch

http://www.oxm.co.uk/62834/respawn-i...x-ones-launch/

Original source interview
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...rised-Fun.html

You and I might lament that Respawn Entertainment's glorious-seeming Titanfall won't grace the Xbox One's launch line-up, but the developer's community manager Abbie Heppe couldn't be happier. Releasing the game in 2014 will give Microsoft time to lock down any teething troubles the Xbox One might encounter, she told X360a in a new interview.

"No, no worry," said Heppe, when asked whether Respawn risked losing its thunder to blockbuster launch titles like Ryse: Son of Rome or Forza 5. "It's great to be a launch window game because you get to see everything happen in front of you. It's tough to be one of the first one's out of the gate as you're affected by any problems there might be on the Microsoft or the server end, but anything like that will be fixed by the time we're out."

Dodging server bugs is obviously rather crucial, given that Titanfall is an always-online game with no traditional single player - campaign missions are in fact competitive multiplayer shoot-outs, topped and tailed by real-time story sequences you're at liberty to ignore.

That's not to say there's no stress, of course. "We put a lot of pressure on ourselves no matter what. Before we announced, there was the pressure of what we were going to produce and how we were going to come up with a brand new IP. I don't know if we could actually feel any more pressure than we already did before we announced.

"The reception so far though has really inspired everyone on the team to go that extra mile from here until we ship," Heppe continued. "It's exciting to get that kind of positive reception coming out of shows as big as E3 and Gamescom."

What we've experienced of Titanfall in action suggests that the always-online sci-fi shooter is coming along nicely - on PC and Xbox One at least. The game's Xbox 360 port is still a mystery - it's being developed by an anonymous third-party "hand-picked" by Respawn, and will apparently launch at the same time as the other versions.

"In terms of the gameplay it's the same, and we have dedicated servers for all three platforms - not cross-platform servers, each has its own," Heppe revealed. "We're having another company develop the Xbox 360 version of the game - we've seen it recently and it looks awesome.

"We really are striving to have it as close as possible between all platforms, but as we're still in the process of developing it I can't mention any specifics that might or might not be different."
    Last edited by The Sith; 09-23-2013 at 14:29.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's good that they are waiting out the launch. I foresee a lot of issues come launch day. I'm all for taking more time to get the game "right", and like they are saying "...give Microsoft time to lock down any teething troubles"

3. Likes snooper71 likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    No pressure or time constraint means a better experience for the gamers. All good for those interrested in the title.

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

5. Likes F34R likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    That's the way to go, I bet T10 wishes they weren't in the front lines

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

7. Likes snooper71, F34R likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post

I had that same thought on my mind. Like all the launch devs probably wish they had more time.

Veteran

Turn 10 are owned by MS, As long as they get wages im pretty sure they are fine! Plus the fact they have made the most ambitious launch title ever is not a bad thing to have on the CV
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore View Post
    Turn 10 are owned by MS, As long as they get wages im pretty sure they are fine! Plus the fact they have made the most ambitious launch title ever is not a bad thing to have on the CV
    But wouldn't the game have benefited by not being a launch title? Well it's a first party dev/title so I guess they don't have any say, ms calls the shots

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    But wouldn't the game have benefited by not being a launch title? Well it's a first party dev/title so I guess they don't have any say, ms calls the shots

I think it would have benefited greatly to have more time. I'm sure that's on their mind too. Being able to take the time to do everything they wanna do.... unless of course, they have been able to do that in the time frame they've had coming into the launch.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I'm glad they are waiting til 2014. Makes sense to me.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Ryse is a blockbuster title? lol Forza 5 definitely but Ryse? Doesnt a game have to release first and then go on to sell millions of copies in order to be a "blockbuster" title? Guess we'll see when it releases. As for Respawn I think the extra time will definitely benefit the game.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-23-2013 at 16:02.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Ryse is a blockbuster title? lol Forza 5 definitely but Ryse? Doesnt a game have to release first and then go on to sell millions of copies in order to be a "blockbuster" title? Guess we'll see when it releases. As for Respawn I think the extra time will definitely benefit the game.
    Also plenty of time to port the game since if doesn't take that long anymore...will definitely wait for the definitive Copy

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Also plenty of time to port the game since if doesn't take that long anymore...will definitely wait for the definitive Copy

If you aren't buying xb1 or don't have a pc or xbox360, you really don't have a choice.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    If you aren't buying xb1 or don't have a pc or xbox360, you really don't have a choice.
    Oh but I do

17. Likes davin_g likes this post
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Folks ignore this article. The site is very pro XBX amd full of lies and hate.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

19. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Superior Member

Oh but I do

Indeed. I've played some good mech games but this one doesn't really feel like a mech game....and I detest twitchy shooters with people flying all over the map off walls etc when you get half a clip into someone only to have them fly over buildings and get away. I am actually glad it won't come out right away and give it time to see if the gameplay lives up to the hype. If it does when it comes out on PS4 I can purchase it...if not I won't be sad.

I think really they are happy because I think they all know that most the X1 games are not up to where they should be. All the changes with the console and problems with drivers/development tools I think the launch games will not be all they could/should be....Respawn can let all that iron out...even delay if they have to because it isn't a promised launch game...and give an example of what X1 is capable of. Nothing good could happen if they were forced to throw out a game of this complexity as far as balance and what they are trying to do with online etc if they try to meet that launch window...as of now...they should be MS's crown jewel to show of next gen....no rush at all!

Veteran

Wouldnt every game? You cant hold games back because they could be better or we'd end up with GT5/Last Guardian timeframes for most games. Also console's need games to play at launch. No one expects launch games to be the greatest of all time.
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

Forum Sage
    A game isn't automatically going to be quality if a developer takes their time making it. If time was the only factor, they'd all have as much time as they need.

Super Elite
    Curious to see how this game is going to go down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] In the darkest abyss I still see you with my perfect sharigan young jedi!

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    A game isn't automatically going to be quality if a developer takes their time making it. If time was the only factor, they'd all have as much time as they need.
    The last guardian better be good!

I have a feeling we will see MANY day one patches in the upcoming gen.

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Thread Information