Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. #1
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    Sony's Shuhei Yoshida explains PS4 production going smoothly


  2. #2
    Veteran
    Saigon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NA
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    Posts
    4,977
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    33,954 (0 Banked)
    So in other-words; more than expected preorders may cause shortages for the first shipment; but afterwards things will get better and on top of that production of the system is going smoothly. It sounds to me like Sony wasn't expecting this much of a demand.

  3. #3
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Saigon View Post
    So in other-words; more than expected preorders may cause shortages for the first shipment; but afterwards things will get better and on top of that production of the system is going smoothly. It sounds to me like Sony wasn't expecting this much of a demand.
    Yeah I dont think Sony was expecting it either. Especially in the US.

  4. #4
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    when things get into such high demand, there comes a point where you won't be able to match it. No matter how hard you try you won't keep up.

  5. #5
    Superior Member
    SkarEffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    Age
    30
    Posts
    503
    Rep Power
    9
    Points
    3,147 (0 Banked)
    So there is a chance that any of us that pre-ordered may not even get our ps4's for awhile?

  6. #6
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    when things get into such high demand, there comes a point where you won't be able to match it. No matter how hard you try you won't keep up.
    Thats why I think anybody who didnt preorder early will have to wait for more shipments. My local Gamestop has guaranteed me one on launch day because I preordered during the first allotment.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-23-2013 at 17:41.

  7. #7
    Superior Member
    SkarEffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    Age
    30
    Posts
    503
    Rep Power
    9
    Points
    3,147 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Thats why I think anybody who didnt preorder early will have to wait for more shipments.
    Well I pre-ordered from Amazon and stated that my ps4 will arrive between the 20th to 22nd. Hopefully I get mine.

  8. #8
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by SkarEffect View Post
    Well I pre-ordered from Amazon and stated that my ps4 will arrive between the 20th to 22nd. Hopefully I get mine.
    I preordered through Gamestop during first allotment so they've guaranteed me mine on launch day.

  9. #9
    Superior Member
    SkarEffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    Age
    30
    Posts
    503
    Rep Power
    9
    Points
    3,147 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I preordered through Gamestop during first allotment so they've guaranteed me mine on launch day.
    I was about 2 days late before I pre-ordered, I was hesitant at first because usually the first batch of consoles have bugs in it.

  10. #10
    Forum Elder
    PhillyPhreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    PSN ID
    PhillyPhreak
    Posts
    2,817
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    4,647 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by SkarEffect View Post
    Well I pre-ordered from Amazon and stated that my ps4 will arrive between the 20th to 22nd. Hopefully I get mine.
    What shipment method do you have? If you have two day delivery, you should have it on launch day.




    "PS1994"- #4ThePlayers

  11. #11
    Dedicated Member
    John Willaford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Owings Mills, MD
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,071
    Rep Power
    18
    Points
    408,039 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by SkarEffect View Post
    Well I pre-ordered from Amazon and stated that my ps4 will arrive between the 20th to 22nd. Hopefully I get mine.
    Have you gotten some email?
    When i look at my orders on my account it says set for delivery on Nov 15th.
    i'm hoping for some GTAV Germany style oops early deliveries

  12. #12
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by SkarEffect View Post
    I was about 2 days late before I pre-ordered, I was hesitant at first because usually the first batch of consoles have bugs in it.
    Thats why I'm getting the 2yr instore extended warranty. Came in handy during the early part of this gen.

  13. #13
    Dedicated Member
    Shingo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Posts
    1,309
    Rep Power
    31
    Points
    14,393 (0 Banked)
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    I didn't preordered yet, and going to buy from US, I wonder If my friend in there will be able to buy from a shop in february...
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)



    MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

  14. #14
    Ultimate Veteran
    coolguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    long island ny
    Age
    38
    Posts
    20,886
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    28,704 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    good news

  15. #15
    Dedicated Member
    John Willaford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Owings Mills, MD
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,071
    Rep Power
    18
    Points
    408,039 (0 Banked)
    not trying to start rumors but I hear the PS4 Netflix app is done and testing 4K streams. My sources wouldn't have any idea about XBO, so I'm saying nothing about that, i'd assume same.

  16. #16
    Superior Member
    SkarEffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    Age
    30
    Posts
    503
    Rep Power
    9
    Points
    3,147 (0 Banked)
    -snip-
    Last edited by SkarEffect; 09-23-2013 at 21:03. Reason: Double post

  17. #17
    Superior Member
    SkarEffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    Age
    30
    Posts
    503
    Rep Power
    9
    Points
    3,147 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyPhreak View Post
    What shipment method do you have? If you have two day delivery, you should have it on launch day.
    Regular shipping as always. So I guess 2 days.

    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    Have you gotten some email?
    When i look at my orders on my account it says set for delivery on Nov 15th.
    i'm hoping for some GTAV Germany style oops early deliveries
    Yeah I got a email that stated my ps4 bundle will arrive on the 20th/22nd.

    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Thats why I'm getting the 2yr instore extended warranty. Came in handy during the early part of this gen.
    Maybe I should've done the same.

  18. #18
    Veteran
    UkHardcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,156
    Rep Power
    65
    Points
    4,804 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    not trying to start rumors but I hear the PS4 Netflix app is done and testing 4K streams. My sources wouldn't have any idea about XBO, so I'm saying nothing about that, i'd assume same.
    Good stuff, Really looking forward to purchasing a 4k TV
    Forza 5, Fifa 14, Battlefield 4 & Watchdogs - The Perfect Launch Line Up!

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Saigon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NA
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    Posts
    4,977
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    33,954 (0 Banked)
    I waited about 2 weeks before I made my preorder and I was told I will have one. I have mine paid off, just need to pick it up once it comes in. I just hope I have one regardless; due to the high demand.

  20. #20
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,014
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    39,962 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I didn't preorder until just around 2-3 weeks of announcement. But I'm in little 'ol NZ and they've said I shouldn't worry.

    (They better give me mine *waves fist*)

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  21. #21
    Superior Member
    JDizzleNO1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    where the sun don't shine
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Posts
    875
    Rep Power
    30
    Points
    2,327 (0 Banked)
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by SkarEffect View Post
    Well I pre-ordered from Amazon and stated that my ps4 will arrive between the 20th to 22nd. Hopefully I get mine.
    i pre-ordered through amazon and asked them if i get dibs on first shipments, and they assured me that I would. in fact, the bumped up my shipping twice. first they bumped up to one day shipping and aren't charging me for shipping, and i just got an email a few weeks ago stating that my ps4 is now on same day delivery without charge! i think its because i bought 399 dollars worth of amazon gift cards to pay it off. anyway they hooked me up!



  22. #22
    Superior Member
    SkarEffect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    Age
    30
    Posts
    503
    Rep Power
    9
    Points
    3,147 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    i pre-ordered through amazon and asked them if i get dibs on first shipments, and they assured me that I would. in fact, the bumped up my shipping twice. first they bumped up to one day shipping and aren't charging me for shipping, and i just got an email a few weeks ago stating that my ps4 is now on same day delivery without charge! i think its because i bought 399 dollars worth of amazon gift cards to pay it off. anyway they hooked me up!
    Lucky you lol. Did you get just the regular ps4 or a bundle? I got the watch dogs bundle.

  23. #23
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,962
    Rep Power
    193
    Points
    106,264 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    All I know is, when I ask the people at GAME and HMV when I can buy a PS4 here in the UK, they say they can't guarantee to have one before January.

  24. #24
    Veteran
    Saigon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NA
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    Posts
    4,977
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    33,954 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    All I know is, when I ask the people at GAME and HMV when I can buy a PS4 here in the UK, they say they can't guarantee to have one before January.
    Damn dude, I am sorry to hear that. At least they are honest with you, because honestly if I do not have one after I was told I would, I am going to very disappointed with Game Stop. I can't truly be mad because of the high demand, its just that the sales person should be careful what they say. I also understand they need purchases and revenue, but still.
    Last edited by Saigon; 09-24-2013 at 19:52.

  25. #25
    Forum Elder
    chrisw26308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,622
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    13,403 (0 Banked)
    Lefein, I thought u preordered.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.