Latest PSU headlines:

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

Xbox One "Crazy Bandwidth" A Benefit To Developers Says Microsoft

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2092887...microsoft.html

Microsoft's Ken Lobb counters criticisms of the Xbox One.

Published on Sep 24, 2013

Sony has made much of the close relationship that they are fostering with developers and has been at pains to point out how the company consulted developers closely when designing the PS4.

When it comes to the Xbox One, developers have been critical of the console, even going so far as to describe the Xbox One as "horrible" to work with.

Microsoft's Ken Lobb claims that, on the contrary, the Xbox One will actually be great for developers to work with due to the Xbox One's eSRAM.

“They maybe have a little more GPU,” said Lobb, referring to the PS4, in an interview with Edge. “We have eSRAM and crazy bandwidth to that eSRAM.

"Which is going to be better in the long run? We’re going to see as the games go head to head," Lobb continued. "A lot of it will come down to – as always – which exclusive teams push a piece of hardware best.”

Lobb's statements contradict claims that we previously reported on, in which a developer said, referring to the Xbox One, "it’s a pain to use its eSRAM".

Edge also spoke to Microsoft's Phil Harrison, who claimed that Microsoft are "winning the games message."

"We had over 100 awards coming out of E3 for games on our platform," said Harrison.

"That is more than twice as many awards as any other platform. So the media recognised our games on Xbox One as being the best lineup – including Titanfall, which is the most awarded game in the history of E3, coming to Xbox One and to Xbox 360.”

Lobb's right about one thing: when it comes to both console power and games, we'll have to wait to see who comes out on top in the long run.
    Last edited by The Sith; 09-24-2013 at 20:49.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Umm...
    "Which is going to be better in the long run? We’re going to see as the games go head to head," Lobb continued. "A lot of it will come down to – as always – which exclusive teams push a piece of hardware best.”
    He better watch out what he says lol. Based on this generation, I'm going to say the odds aren't in the Microsoft favor.

3. Likes VayMasters86, YoungMullah88 , mistercrow wishes they had posted this first.
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I am taking this with a grain of salt, it is one thing to hear someone from Microsoft or Sony talk about great their hardware is, but I would rather hear what developer are saying about the hardware, and right now Sony is dominating in that area!

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I wish these journalists would stop talking to MS and Sony, and rather talk to Third Party developers (Not First or Second)

Both Sony and Microsoft are going to say there console is better, I'd rather read about the actual facts of the matter from those that are currently using both.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    He better watch out what he says lol. Based on this generation, I'm going to say the odds aren't in the Microsoft favor.
    It's going to be hard to beat out Naughty Dog, I dont think MS really has an exclusive team that can match them.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

6. Likes Shingo , Yungstar 2006, PS4freak , mistercrow, Two4DaMoney , Ghost , MonkeyClaw wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    It's not like the ps4 is going to be maxed out day one either. So as devs make progress "in the long run" on the xbone, devs will make progress "in the long run" on the ps4 too. MS should have just stuck to their message of not talking about the specs and games/services only. They're giving fans false hope of games actually being equal despite the power difference.

8. Likes mistercrow, MonkeyClaw wishes they had posted this first.
    PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    I wish these journalists would stop talking to MS and Sony, and rather talk to Third Party developers (Not First or Second)

Both Sony and Microsoft are going to say there console is better, I'd rather read about the actual facts of the matter from those that are currently using both.
    Couldn't agree more with this.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

10. Likes MonkeyClaw wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    MS talking about exclusive teams? Sony definitely has a huge advantage there. We saw that this gen and with the PS4 with its ease of development coupled with powerful hardware we'll see it again but on a whole new level.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    When it comes to the Xbox One, developers have been critical of the console, even going so far as to describe the Xbox One as "horrible" to work with.

Microsoft's Ken Lobb claims that, on the contrary, the Xbox One will actually be great for developers to work with due to the Xbox One's eSRAM.
    lol soooo according to MS we should disregard what devs are saying and believe what there PR team is telling us? gotcha!

lol in the long run....with a question mark
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 09-24-2013 at 23:41.

13. Likes MonkeyClaw, Shingo , mistercrow wishes they had posted this first.
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    lol soooo according to MS we should disregard what devs are saying and believe what there PR team is telling us? gotcha!

lol in the long run....with a question mark
    It seems that's what the message is. Unless anyone cares to clarify further, it seems rather desperate imo.

15. Likes MonkeyClaw, mistercrow, Shingo wishes they had posted this first.
    Superior Member
    ****SARCASM INBOUND****

i FEEL TOTALLY RIPPED OFF.
    All of this time all they needed was 32MB of REALLY FAST RAM thats actually slower than the GDDR5 on my video card? So, my video card should have DDR3 as well and a small KIND OF REALLY FAST ESRAM cache to get the best performance? So my video card was expensive for no reason? It's a total lie?
    My NVIDIA 670 SuperClock 4GB GDDR5 would work better if it were just slower ram and a FAST CACHE! Microsoft just told me that!

AMAZING. I feelz totally ripsed off!
    Like, fur surz!

bridge-for-sale.jpg
    Last edited by John Willaford; 09-25-2013 at 05:55.

17. Likes MonkeyClaw, Shingo wishes they had posted this first.
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    ****SARCASM INBOUND****

i FEEL TOTALLY RIPPED OFF.
    All of this time all they needed was 32MB of REALLY FAST RAM thats actually slower than the GDDR5 on my video card? So, my video card should have DDR3 as well and a small KIND OF REALLY FAST ESRAM cache to get the best performance? So my video card was expensive for no reason? It's a total lie?
    My NVIDIA 670 SuperClock 4GB GDDR5 would work better if it were just slower ram and a FAST CACHE! Microsoft just told me that!

AMAZING. I feelz totally ripsed off!
    Like, fur surz!

bridge-for-sale.jpg
    Lol , dat ESRAM, no one understands it except MS.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    lol soooo according to MS we should disregard what devs are saying and believe what there PR team is telling us? gotcha! lol in the long run....with a question mark
    /thread. MS PR just keeps sounding more and more in desperate damage control mode.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-25-2013 at 09:36.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    /thread. MS PR just keeps sounding more and more in desperate damage control mode.
    To be fair they are in damage control mode though!

It has been kind of funny but I cant wait now for the consoles to release so we can get our next gen gaming on

Less Noise, More Action!
    PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by roy8846 View Post
    To be fair they are in damage control mode though!

It has been kind of funny but I cant wait now for the consoles to release so we can get our next gen gaming on

Less Noise, More Action!
    Yeah. TBF, we'll all forget these the moment we get the consoles. Or at least I will. Just game, no need to front up.

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    You know, if someone at Microsoft had realized that admitting you weren't trying to build the most powerful console right off the bat was a bad idea, perhaps their PR department wouldn't be so desperately trying to control the fall out. I can't figure out what is going on in the Xbox division, they are usually smarter than this. I'm starting to think MS wasn't expecting the PS4 for another 6 months or something, because they don't seem to have anything finalized and everything they say ends up being reversed.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    You know, if someone at Microsoft had realized that admitting you weren't trying to build the most powerful console right off the bat was a bad idea, perhaps their PR department wouldn't be so desperately trying to control the fall out. I can't figure out what is going on in the Xbox division, they are usually smarter than this. I'm starting to think MS wasn't expecting the PS4 for another 6 months or something, because they don't seem to have anything finalized and everything they say ends up being reversed.
    Seems to me they are right on schedule. They did pass fcc before without many people knowing so you can't really believe everything that's floating around on the internet.

Thread Information