Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Trevor's not always funny. they make him go out of character too many times.
    Have you finished the game and had Michael and Trevor hangout? The dialogue between them is definitely not something I'd expect of Trevor the rest of the game.

I'd accept it if they gave him multiple personalities, but since they didn't it just feels like they threw it all together.

Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    Have you finished the game and had Michael and Trevor hangout? The dialogue between them is definitely not something I'd expect of Trevor the rest of the game.

I'd accept it if they gave him multiple personalities, but since they didn't it just feels like they threw it all together.
    yea but you know what...i keep reminding myself that we're expecting too much. this game was never supposed to have great acting. just funny. remember GTA3? Yea, we didn't give a crap back then.

yes, some games have decent acting. even if Heavy Rain was cheesy most of the times, it still delivered decent dialogue and voice overs. but that game is supposed to have that, it's the backbone of it.

all that stuff is just the icing on the cake in this game...and while it's great at some points, it's OK in others.

but yes, i agree with you, they had a lot more potential here, if they had better direction and/or writing, this game could be a lot more entertaining, even award-worthy.

still a good attempt i think, it's still one of the best out there in this regard. like i don't care about what Snake has to say anymore these characters are fun to listen to.

i like all of them and that's a big deal but yea, they could've done much better because it seems like they had the resources. still how many other games can we say that about?

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Yea, despite the issues I still think the characters are fine. It's just weird to see a character go from curb stomping someone when we first see him to being so nice at the end. And they did do a good job with him in giving him depth. You do learn throughout the story more about his character. It's just that some stuff really doesn't fit.

Agree with you too that the characters are nice to listen to, definitely a big change from III (though that was more a technical issue). It's funny to think now with three diverse characters to back when the sole main character didn't say a word.

They had some good stuff from smaller characters. I actually enjoyed Lamar, it wasn't painful to listen to him like some were in the past (CJ, you a busta!). I really do have to commend them with their voice actors and dialogue.

Oh and had it pop in my head earlier what the funniest moment was, when Jimmy talks about trolling. It happens in a random/miscellaneous mission, the ones where Michael gets a call from his children, so I guess it could be a slight spoiler, but the video cuts out most of the "mission". I absolutely lost it during the dialogue.

Extreme Poster
    Yea, despite the issues I still think the characters are fine. It's just weird to see a character go from curb stomping someone when we first see him to being so nice at the end. And they did do a good job with him in giving him depth. You do learn throughout the story more about his character. It's just that some stuff really doesn't fit.

Agree with you too that the characters are nice to listen to, definitely a big change from III (though that was more a technical issue). It's funny to think now with three diverse characters to back when the sole main character didn't say a word.

They had some good stuff from smaller characters. I actually enjoyed Lamar, it wasn't painful to listen to him like some were in the past (CJ, you a busta!). I really do have to commend them with their voice actors and dialogue.

Oh and had it pop in my head earlier what the funniest moment was, when Jimmy talks about trolling. It happens in a random/miscellaneous mission, the ones where Michael gets a call from his children, so I guess it could be a slight spoiler, but the video cuts out most of the "mission". I absolutely lost it during the dialogue.
    oh really, he gets nice at the end? bleh lol nvm what i said then!

lol@troll video. really captures the new generation. i was thinking about it the other day though, as much as i detest the new generation, all of that was fully redeemed by videos on Vines. they are definitely creative little $#@!ers i'll tell you that.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    So I was just playing, cruising around and accidentally crashed into the back of this SUV. I speed away and the guy is chasing me, so I slam on my brakes.

The guy slams into me and at the same time I see this guy go flying over my car and then he gets ran over by his own vehicle. Pretty bad case of road rage fail.

Extreme Poster
    i had a similar thing happen to my yesterday. i took the tour bus and the lady was talking on the mic while making a turn...at the same time, this pedestrian was walking across. he gets hit and flies to the side. what made me laugh was that the lady kept talking and driving like nothing happened. of course that's because the A.I. isn't designed to react to that but that's why games can sometimes be funny.

last night i picked up a prostitute (she started dancing in front of my car), took her around the corner, declined services and then *boom* one punch to the temple...it was cool. took her $13 she made that night.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Gangstar by night, parachuting-$#@! by day.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    There's something comical about how NPCs just ignore hitting or running over pedestrians. After I took that picture of the guy about 4 cars drove around his vehicle and ran him over.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I'm playing as Trevor and driving around in the industrial area I come across a group of three peds. I accidentally hit one and he falls over onto another and that second guy stumbles. He starts kicking the guy I ran over, because I guess the game registered him as attacking the second guy. After the second guy finishes beating up that guy I ran over, the third guy starts beating him up and once he knocks him out, just walks away.

Ultimate Veteran
    When you switch to Trevor and he's chasing someone down a road. He says something like how it was an accident that his friend's head fell off and more lines that were equally funny.

Also, when you switch to Michael, checking on his kids and Jimmy's playing Righteous Slaughter. The levels are like a blur and you see him use $#@! on a stick as a weapon at the end. Michael's just silently watching it all.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 10-04-2013 at 01:42.

Unbound Mercenary
    So I was out for a morning jog down to my helipad, I jump down a set of stairs, and hit a wall and fall over.

A person happens to be walking by, takes out her phone, snaps a pic, and continues on her way.

I even got called a big ass gorilla mother$#@! when I was wearing my free roaming outfit.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths

During the period in the game when Michael and Trevor were fighting I noticed that we were close to each other on the map. so I had Trevor get close to Michael. And so Michael started arguing with me about following him. So I kept following him and I get a scene of him saying "that's it!!" then he punched me in the face and killed me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

13. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    During the period in the game when Michael and Trevor were fighting I noticed that we were close to each other on the map. so I had Trevor get close to Michael. And so Michael started arguing with me about following him. So I kept following him and I get a scene of him saying "that's it!!" then he punched me in the face and killed me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Haha, that's awesome.

I like how they accounted for various things like that. In the mission where you escape on jet skis as Trevor/Franklin, you can choose to escape alone or with another character and you'll have additional dialogue.

There have been quite a few new experiences from doing missions differently.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I was playing online yesterday and had the cops on me. I noticed some blips on my radar from other players and drove to their area. They were sitting in cars and upon driving past them, the cop cars chasing me crashed into them and now instead of chasing me, the cops were chasing those guys. I could hear them yelling on the mic about what just happened.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    watching random fights and the end result of the victim flying into a passing vehicle LMAO

Or pushing peds down mountains
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Ultimate Veteran
    While driving back to Los Santos, I was following a cop car chasing another car. They both just drove into the desert and exploded. >_>

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Had that stranger mission, were the two old persons are after Celebrates LOL

so so funny
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    I had a moment where Trevor was being chased and I swam in the water until police boats showed up shooting at me. I knew it was over so I hi-jacked the boat and all you see is Trev getting in with 2 police officers sitting down on the opposite end of the boat startled and scared with Trev making his way to the steering. He takes the cop and just throws him right off!! I died afterwards.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I had a four star wanted level so retreated into the train tunnel. I lose the stars and drive out to find two police cars and an FIB suburban are on the tracks and trying to turn around without running into each other. I start watching them and think about whether or not to shoot them and steal a vehicle.
    Just then, the train comes down the tracks and crashes into them. All the cops get out of their vehicles and start unloading onto the train. From handguns, to assault rifles to shotguns. Then as quickly as they started they stopped and drove away.

It was just really random, was hoping they'd end up getting into their cars and chase it down the tracks.

21. Likes Admartian , Kwes likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary
    LOL thats awesome ttech!

Its strange how the AI are sometimes. I set a car on fire the other day, and the fire truck drove up, put out the flames with its water cannon. Then all of them got out, and ran down the street, I followed em for a little, but didn't want the fire truck to de-spawn, they ran like 4 blocks away.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Haha.

This game certainly has it's random and unpredictable moments.

I'm as leveled as a care to be so just driving around trying to find new things and places. The second best thing I've come across is a driver running into a gas station pump and causing one heck of an explosion. Freaked me out as I was just driving right by the place and all of the sudden there were vibrations and booms.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I had a four star wanted level so retreated into the train tunnel. I lose the stars and drive out to find two police cars and an FIB suburban are on the tracks and trying to turn around without running into each other. I start watching them and think about whether or not to shoot them and steal a vehicle.
    Just then, the train comes down the tracks and crashes into them. All the cops get out of their vehicles and start unloading onto the train. From handguns, to assault rifles to shotguns. Then as quickly as they started they stopped and drove away.

It was just really random, was hoping they'd end up getting into their cars and chase it down the tracks.
    This is when the SHARE button would've been brilliant!

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Once I remember I pulled my tuned sports car to the side of the street to take a picture with my phone and when I aimed at it to take a picture a guy stole it just in front of me, lol.

Extreme Poster
    I murdered a couple of guys by the pool last night in single player. they somehow ended up like this as I was trying to stab them.

ebony and ivory action goin' on there.

27. Likes Molo316, ttech10 likes this post
    overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    that looks like a typical saturday night in manchester

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

29. Likes Omar likes this post

Thread Information