Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    PSU Live Streamer
    Keefy wins the thread. Thank you sir...I had a good laugh

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanehead View Post
    I meant that it showed how MS completely gave up PC gaming that resulted in the death of GFWL.
    Thank goodness for the death of GFWL but it doesn't die until next July. MS has completely discombobulated their tie and control over PC gaming. Their last "spider hole" is to use the subterfuge that DirectX is somehow intimately intertwined with the Windows DNA. They have been trying to do this for awhile and their last hurrah holy mary pass is to close up DX 11.5, requiring Windows 8. This isn't going to work, any more than it did for DX9, DX10, and DX11.

People get hung up on the OS but Linux on a X86 machine works with X86 machine binaries, just as Windows does on the machine language level. So, you can have a dual boot Linux/Windows on the same hardware, they are talking to the same hardware at the machine language level, just in different ways. There is Windows VM that can run under Linux but the next step will be a very fast translator that can run PC games directly in a Linux OS system.

I was on Steam before it was Steam, when it was WON. WON was a horrible mess and when Steam first came out, it often seemed worse and it was only a skeleton of what it is now. Back in those days, there were thousands of PC gamers that were up in arms against Steam and thousands upon thousands of posts of why it would never work or catch on. Steam recently passed 50 million members.
    Last edited by Bligmerk; 09-26-2013 at 19:50.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    Thank goodness for the death of GFWL but it doesn't die until next July. MS has completely discombobulated their tie and control over PC gaming. Their last "spider hole" is to use the subterfuge that DirectX is somehow intimately intertwined with the Windows DNA. They have been trying to do this for awhile and their last hurrah holy mary pass is to close up DX 11.5, requiring Windows 8. This isn't going to work, any more than it did for DX9, DX10, and DX11.

People get hung up on the OS but Linux on a X86 machine works with X86 machine binaries, just as Windows does on the machine language level. So, you can have a dual boot Linux/Windows on the same hardware, they are talking to the same hardware at the machine language level, just in different ways. There is Windows VM that can run under Linux but the next step will be a very fast translator that can run PC games directly in a Linux OS system.

I was on Steam before it was Steam, when it was WON. WON was a horrible mess and when Steam first came out, it often seemed worse and it was only a skeleton of what it is now. Back in those days, there were thousands of PC gamers that were up in arms against Steam and thousands upon thousands of posts of why it would never work or catch on. Steam recently passed 50 million members.
    I played since then too. Although I didn't join steam the day it was released I joined about a week later after I loaded up Half life and found no servers and went asking around whats going on, they all replied oh yea you neeed steam now, which took about 20 mins to download and then another hour to update because I was on 56k and it kept hanging and crashing.

Got my 10 year service badge a few days ago.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/keefy/badges/1
    Last edited by keefy; 09-27-2013 at 00:43.
    This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I played since then too. Although I didn't join steam the day it was released I joined about a week later after I loaded up Half life and found no servers and went asking around whats going on, they all replied oh yea you neeed steam now, which took about 20 mins to download and then another hour to update because I was on 56k and it kept hanging and crashing.

Dark days...

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post

I remember those days, I was heavily against Steam simply because it did lock out the disadvantaged it crap internet connections.

Needless to say things got a lot better.

Thread Information