Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style

New Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes Trailer in English

So, it turns out the hero in this game is Jack Bauer not Snake
    Still looking forward to MGS V / Phantom Pain / Ground Zeroes. It'd be nice to know what the $#@! is going on and what each of them are though.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    R.I.P Snake/Big Boss 1998-2013

Dedicated Member
    Items Full Metal AlchemistThe X-FilesFinal Fantasy VII
    the skull guy sounded pretty horrible. Snake, idk, i ain't feeling it.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    I really hope it wasn't over money. If it is, that's absolutely absurd. It's too late in the series to be changing voices! If you had another voice in mind for Big Boss, Sutherland should've had the role in all Big Boss-lead games! Dammit! Would've made more sense then.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    I don't mind new voices if they are good, but damn Skull Face and Big Boss sounded bad. Way too generic and no style to them.

6. Likes Fijiandoce, Ghost , HellsJester likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    I don't mind new voices if they are good, but damn Skull Face and Big Boss sounded bad. Way too generic and no style to them.
    Fully agreed. A part of me died inside when I heard these voices. This game looks so good and having Hayter's voice would have just been the pretty bow that wraps it all up. But no, we get this bloody awful mess. Who's to say that Hayter couldn't have done the acting that Kojima wanted...ahh $#@! it, even talking about it is depressing haha. As a long time MGS fan who still remembers the chilly down my spine when I saw that first MGS trailer on PS1 and who followed the series passionately since then...this is a death knell for that passion. Hayter's voice is what makes Snake and that's that. There are some things you just can't change.

8. Likes MGSfan likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    pacpunk
    Keither Sutherland is a good actor, he'll do fine. I know it's not the same, but at least it's not a terrible actor. As for Ghost face or whatever the hell he's called, yeah he sounds terrible, then again i never really thought any of the voice acting in Metal Gear was all that great. Snake was always great though. Whatever it wont bother me much, the Metal Gear plot has escaped me and I've stopped trying to understand it. I just play them now cause they are fun.
    Contributing Writer @ PSU | Amateur Games Journalist | Internet Media Guy

Tumblr Blogs: Josh Likes Games | Coffee and Controllers | Follow me on Twitter
    Spooky Mobley's Conspiracy Corner | Pixel Power Art

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    I'll still play it, I will always play MGS until it either ends or sucks. It's one of the few franchises I still play and deeply rooted to ps1 era. I like Kiefer Sutherland and it was only a trailer, but it sounded like he just woke up and read those lines cold...as if he had no passion for the role. Still excited to play it though, just going to be a little different..

PSN ID
    Loopoiu
    Snake sounds horrible they should of put the last voice over for MGS4

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Kiefer will do fine I'm not worried about him. A bigger travesty would be bringing hayter back with the way he's been voicing the character in the last three games.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Fully agreed. A part of me died inside when I heard these voices. This game looks so good and having Hayter's voice would have just been the pretty bow that wraps it all up. But no, we get this bloody awful mess. Who's to say that Hayter couldn't have done the acting that Kojima wanted...ahh $#@! it, even talking about it is depressing haha. As a long time MGS fan who still remembers the chilly down my spine when I saw that first MGS trailer on PS1 and who followed the series passionately since then...this is a death knell for that passion. Hayter's voice is what makes Snake and that's that. There are some things you just can't change.
    This...Sutherland as snake is wrong the "kept you waiting huh" line dosen't sound right.

Super Elite
    I think David will show up at the end of the game as Solid, that's what Hideo would do.

Veteran
    Awful! I'll just choose whatever language might be available besides English, and sub it! still better than what I'm hearing right now.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by x_terna View Post
    I think David will show up at the end of the game as Solid, that's what Hideo would do.
    Then why change it to begin with? Also the same japanese guy is doing the japanese voice so hayter is fired.

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    MoneyM07
    I just have this feeling that the whole voice change has something to do with "phantom pain". Not its literal meaning but substituting the pain of a missing limb to things that have changed in this Metal Gear game. Metaphorically. I can't really explain it and I'll understand if you don't understand it either. But I think he could be attempting to make us feel as if we're suffering from phantom pain but toward the game. Stupid, I know. Don't know how to explain it.

18. Likes x_terna likes this post
    Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    Then why change it to begin with? Also the same japanese guy is doing the japanese voice so hayter is fired.

Well what I predict is that we might get to see the infiltration mission Solid Snake gets at the end of this game. I don't think it will be good to hear two characters that sound the same, afterall its Hideo so anything is possible.

Look at MGS4 big boss wasn't even mentioned after ppl finished the game.(unless you got the strategy guide.)

Quote Originally Posted by Epyon_1 View Post
    I just have this feeling that the whole voice change has something to do with "phantom pain". Not its literal meaning but substituting the pain of a missing limb to things that have changed in this Metal Gear game. Metaphorically. I can't really explain it and I'll understand if you don't understand it either. But I think he could be attempting to make us feel as if we're suffering from phantom pain but toward the game. Stupid, I know. Don't know how to explain it.
    That's something Hideo would do!.

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Looks good for a cross gen game. It be interesting if it will live up to peoples expectations. As for David Hayter im not sure what going to happen with that. I think hes moved on.
    Playing - Tales of Xillia 2 and Atelier Escha & Logy.
    Awaiting - Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Ys
    Next, Tales of Zestiria, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by Epyon_1 View Post
    The japanese version still has the same voice actor. Also, Snake has lost one of his limbs in PP.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Thread Information