Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    i play a lot of plane games, including BF3.
    You show off

Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

2. Likes Omar likes this post
    Superior Member
    felt bad? FELT BAD!? YOU JUST KILLED 400 PEOPLE!!!
    I was gutted it didn't add to my kill count in the stats though!!

Just so you know I had some terrible nightmares last night that involved fire and me falling, not too sure of the message!!

you know, that reminds me...usually, i don't give a $#@! how gruesome something is. the more the better for me but there was this particular missions where a person is getting tortured...and it was probably the most believable painful scene i have ever experienced. i felt bad for the person...it was a bit excessive but they wanted to show you that the real world isn't necessarily about torturing the bad guys, it is about torturing to get the info you need.
    I know the mission you mean and felt the same way. I wonder though if I play through again I now know what the target looks like, can we just shoot him straight off and not have to perform the torture, hmmm!

4. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhindi_Bhajji View Post
    I was gutted it didn't add to my kill count in the stats though!!

Just so you know I had some terrible nightmares last night that involved fire and me falling, not too sure of the message!!

I know the mission you mean and felt the same way. I wonder though if I play through again I now know what the target looks like, can we just shoot him straight off and not have to perform the torture, hmmm!
    i'm almost 100% sure that you can't.

that's generally how the games work. they are structured like that. i'm willing to bet that it will just say something like, "you didn't wait for the proper details!"

Superior Member
    i'm almost 100% sure that you can't.

that's generally how the games work. they are structured like that. i'm willing to bet that it will just say something like, "you didn't wait for the proper details!"
    That's more than likely true, although I'm intrigued now! I may have to replay that mission over the weekend to see what happens if I don't torture the guy!

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    I guess, i am playing it wrong
    I usually fly the planes with a I don't care if I crash this thing attitude, so maybe it's about not being so careful. The first time I did the helicopter flight mission I was playing it careful and crashed a couple times.

I'm sure after flying enough you'll end up a pro. I've also done all the knife flights, so that's probably why that Get Your Wings flight school test wasn't that hard. I can't count how many times I failed those attempts (thank you R* for the quick save feature).

8. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhindi_Bhajji View Post
    That's more than likely true, although I'm intrigued now! I may have to replay that mission over the weekend to see what happens if I don't torture the guy!
    if you like that kinda stuff, try Hitman. That's a wonderful assassination game. especially the older ones. you could mess around with stuff like that.

one mission was very difficult and u had to go through a lot of hoops to kill the dude. instead of taking care of the chef and then the security guards blah blah, i just ran inside this big restaurant that he owned, he was eating there, shot him, ran outside, changed clothes, no one suspected a thing.

also for those that want a good assassination movie, try the original le femme nikita (french with subtitles). and then thank me later.

10. Likes Bhindi_Bhajji likes this post
    Elite Member
    Someone help, where is the clock timer an bar that is on flight school nothing is showing for me.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I flew a chopper last night. More annoying that hard. It just feels loose.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Forum Overseer
    they did that i think to show the forces of wind...but it fails.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    I usually fly the planes with a I don't care if I crash this thing attitude, so maybe it's about not being so careful. The first time I did the helicopter flight mission I was playing it careful and crashed a couple times.

I'm sure after flying enough you'll end up a pro. I've also done all the knife flights, so that's probably why that Get Your Wings flight school test wasn't that hard. I can't count how many times I failed those attempts (thank you R* for the quick save feature).
    Sometimes, even with maxed out skills

Flying will still be hard on some planes and Choppers
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    Lol im definitely an awful pilot! i managed to go up, but when i tried to come down...i dont wanna talk about it

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Whenever I fly a helicopter I don't feel like I'm making any progress or getting anywhere its really annoying

17. Likes MW2-LgNd likes this post
    Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Whenever I fly a helicopter I don't feel like I'm making any progress or getting anywhere its really annoying
    I thought that myself. But once you get that thing going smoothly. It flies like a dream. I swear they are faster than the personal jets.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Just played the Treveor mission where he needs to drop the cargo at the sea, flying is very easy, but landing sucks hard, i retried the missions 5 times to land and still failed to do it right, every time after i touch the ground the camera moves to top and then i crash.
    I'm very frustrated right now, don't know if i will have to replay the whole mission again or what.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Here is a small guide for all you flying noobs. I am quite a good pilot in both aircraft's and helicopters.

You should know that there are two ways to turn with planes. One would be keeping the plane steady and then holding L1 or R1 (dont know which buttons on xbox). The other one would be turning the plane on a certain side by using the left joystick and then hold it down to turn. Same with helicopters however there is a slight difference. To land planes you should first locate an appropriate landing location or airport, then be sure to have space and align your plane with the landing zone and slowly descend while decreasing the speed by holding L2, shortly afterwards release your planes chassis by clicking the left joystick, keep slowly and steady descending until you land. With helicopter you first have to locate an appropriate location then slowly descend using L2 in order to land properly correct your helicopters position using the left stick, shortly before landing descend slowly. To fly a helicopter first achieve a decent height and then simultaneously use the left stick to move forward and hold R" to accelerate, note that the angle of your helicopter doesnt get too sharp otherwise instead of flying forward you will descend down and crash.

Hope that helped, if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

21. Likes Abdou23 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    What i really love is to, fly to the highest point and bail out and see the insanely nasty deaths

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    Just played the Treveor mission where he needs to drop the cargo at the sea, flying is very easy, but landing sucks hard, i retried the missions 5 times to land and still failed to do it right, every time after i touch the ground the camera moves to top and then i crash.
    I'm very frustrated right now, don't know if i will have to replay the whole mission again or what.
    did you do the landing gear?

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    did you do the landing gear?
    yeah, the only thing missing was Pressing L2 to break. I done it now, actually i bought the Airfield and did couple of drop-off missions.
    Flying is easy now

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Forum Overseer
    yea i knew about the L2 but i kept forgetting about the landing gear.

you can actually turn off the engine too. it's really easy, you just gotta know the right things to do.

Master Guru

Flying planes is easy, choppers start out more difficult but when you max out the flying stat it doesn't sway side to side and flies straight (like on previous GTA's)
    Wii # 8752-0092-2306-9612
    PSN ID : pez555

27. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pez_555 View Post
    Flying planes is easy, choppers start out more difficult but when you max out the flying stat it doesn't sway side to side and flies straight (like on previous GTA's)
    thank God. i was so pissed off about the chopper. i guess they should've explained that better. i was disappointed that the chopper was so swingy.

Superior Member
    if you like that kinda stuff, try Hitman. That's a wonderful assassination game. especially the older ones. you could mess around with stuff like that.
    I got Hitman Absolution free with PS+, I haven't got around to playing it yet though.

I'm a fan of the Assassins Creed series too, just got a bit behind and have yet to finish AC3!

Back to topic though...

Without cheating has anyone managed to get that cargo plane from the military base yet?

I've come so close on numerous occasions only to have the engines fail after taking fire before I can make a hangar.

Most of the time tanks blow it up before I can even get it moving!!

I can get the fighter jet no problem!

Unbound Mercenary
    I finally got into a helicopter, and found it easier and more fun to fly then the gta iv copters. It seems easier to maneuver around stuff.

Planes I'm still kinda bad, but I got through all of flying school, with silvers and golds.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    im used to it now, im good

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Give up flying until i need to

Thread Information