Latest PSU headlines:

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    pacpunk

Features We Still Want in FFXIV:ARR

Hey everybody, I'm compiling a list of features players still want in FFXIV:ARR for an article and I need help from the PSU community. So far I have a few features listed below, feel free to comment on them and include your own.

1. Skippable Intros
    2. Voice Chat
    3.?
    4.?
    5.?
    Contributing Writer @ PSU | Amateur Games Journalist | Internet Media Guy

Tumblr Blogs: Josh Likes Games | Coffee and Controllers | Follow me on Twitter
    Spooky Mobley's Conspiracy Corner | Pixel Power Art

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Azimuth85
    Items Iron MaidenFinal Fantasy TacticsJoker (limited ICON)Baby ChocoboLightning
    skippable intros would be nice but really how often do you start a new game? What I would like is the option to skip all CS in dungeons (not manually) since the PS3 is slower I usually get left behind on speed runs.

voice chat is a tough one since you are talking PCs, PS3s, Vitas soon. I dont see a problem using vent on my laptop if I need to.

What I would like to see is the monsters loading before other players since Fates can get pretty hairy and laggy.

I would also like to be able to right click (or triangle) and block someone instead of trying to figure out the gilspammers name "Gwfwfwfrg Gwerbybrewb"

I wouldnt mind being able to just have a LFG flag without being in duty finder.

PSN ID : Azimuth85

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    More targeting options and controller configuration. Woefully limited in its current state. I play a tank class with an Xbox controller on my PC, and in the heat of dungeons and FATEs, switching targets with any kind of accuracy or efficiency is difficult, if not impossible.

This could take the form of a few preconfigured schemes--General (the way it is now), Tank, and Healer. When I activate Tank mode from the menu, the function of left bumper would change to target the closest (or, perhaps, strongest) enemy that is NOT aggro'ed to you. Just like that, I'd have quick and easy clean-up for adds that got attracted to my teammates. Left bumper, move, Skull Sunder. Left bumper, move, Skull Sunder. Rinse and repeat, with a Flash for good measure.

The situation is a bit better for Healers, but perhaps left bumper could target the party member with the lowest HP. All I'm really looking for is more thoughtful customization.

Sent via Tapatalk 4

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I'd like the ability to blacklist from chat - gil selling is rampant and this is a must. I dare say we will get this soon.

I'd like the ability to compare current gear against new gear and see the changes to stats and attack/defence - at the moment I can only see the change to attck/def, but I want to see changes to skill speed, str, accuracy etc.

I'd like to be able to see items before I buy them - I am vain and want to look badass so seeing armor before buying it would be good. At the moment we have to go off a lil icon.

I'd like a system like in Guild Wars where if I type "LFP Amdapor Keep" then it would register in a party search list - I don't want to keep spamming to make a party, just once and then I can do other things while waiting.

I'd like the chocobo system to be reworked - I should be able to talk to NPCs on my choco and I want to be able to seamlessly transition from riding it to it being a companion at the moment I have to dismiss the companion then call in the mount an it's clumsy.

The quest hub needs work - I don't want to see 5 quests on my screen, I should be able to choose 1 active quest. THis should also be better indicated on my mini map with a blip on the outside of it that indicates where on the map I have to go or to which zone change gate.

I'll add more if they come to mind.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Azimuth85
    I would also like more HUD config options

PSU Executive Editor (US), Brosota, Platinumer
    I'd like to see a wardrobe viewer, where we can see what equipment looks like before we buy it. On top of that, I'd also like to see linkable items and equipment as well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Azimuth85
    [QUOTE=Ghost;6210572]
    I'd like the ability to compare current gear against new gear and see the changes to stats and attack/defence - at the moment I can only see the change to attck/def, but I want to see changes to skill speed, str, accuracy etc.
    [QUOTE]

This is the best idea imo.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    pacpunk
    [QUOTE=Azimuth85;6210619]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

This is the best idea imo.
    Wow I didn't know that it didn't already do that. I'm only lvl.8 so I'm not that far in XD
    Contributing Writer @ PSU | Amateur Games Journalist | Internet Media Guy

Tumblr Blogs: Josh Likes Games | Coffee and Controllers | Follow me on Twitter
    Spooky Mobley's Conspiracy Corner | Pixel Power Art

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    Agreed with quest navigation,
    Ghostie. There's simply no excuse for not putting quest markets on the suggested door or gate to go throw. I spend WAY too much time using the game's poor map, trying to figure out how to get to a particular zone. But once I'm there, it tells me EXACTLY where I need to go, for everything? For shame.

Sent via Tapatalk 4

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Bluehazeburnout
    i would like the vanity system they hinted at in Beta. - the ability to have your character look like you like but still have the stats of whatever armour you are wearing.

eg. you are wearing darklight armour but it shows you wearing your colour coordinated costume which looks epic (and does not take damage as it's appearance only.)

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Unaidedhippo5
    I would like a better way to make Gil after level 50. I don't craft yet and from running CM and AK so much my gear integrity drops then it's almost 2000 to repair. Right now my only option is to do Battleleves to make a few quick coins but. That gets old after an hour.
    Maybe add in a hunting log with the GCs that pay you cash instead of seals, and you can do them multiple times instead of just once. Or make the item drops from enemies worth more.

PSN: Unaidedhippo5 - Dust514:Ye Be Gods - FFXIV:ARR: Yeshua Insignia

12. Likes Azimuth85 likes this post

Thread Information