Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah, i think Keefy was just joking

Dedicated Member
    Only got one full round in this morning, kept getting disco'd half way through a round after that, will again tonight when servers are full 😃

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Forum Guru
    Origin: Pottuvoi
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

Forum Sage

BF4 Beta... Who's coming??

Some 1080p benchmarks, all settings at Maximum

Edit: Added in some 2560x1600 Benchmarks for you big screen gamers.

Source

I'm impressed my old HD5870 could clock in an average of 29fps on maximum settings!(though it is only 1920x1080 and without any MSAA) Looks like my new GTX780 should be more than enough to run this
    Last edited by BBK..; 10-02-2013 at 08:52.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Bet you are glad you didn't buy a Titan now? All that money and the 780 is within 10FPS all the time.

Looks liek the SLI benchmarks in the first picture are CPU bound.
    Last edited by keefy; 10-02-2013 at 11:09.

Forum Sage

I am indeed. In fact I have the Superclocked card which in a few benchmarks beats the Titan anyway. I can't wait to overclock them a bit more once I get my water blocks

Power Member
    Beta will not load for me now. Just hangs ont eh "loading screen, I can hear the battle gong on explosions gunfire choppers flying about but cannot see anything.

GGRRAAWWRRR

Extreme Poster
    ok so...at least on the consoles (PS3), due to the number of players (24 max), i did not enjoy the beta much.

but there are some really awesome changes that they have made, primarily the gun mechanics. my biggest issue has always been that they were "too" realistic when the game itself isn't.

so now they're more simple and easy and you can actually get some shots off even if you weren't standing still doing bursts. which is actually somewhat realistic too, given the situation.

i totally love the changes they have made so far...the guns look a little futuristic but i'll let it go because they're still nice.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I'm a Battlefield Premium member. Is the closed beta on the PS Store?

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I'm a Battlefield Premium member. Is the closed beta on the PS Store?
    go on the store, go to search (or find BF4). click on "TRY DEMO". that's the closed beta. stupid right? i know.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Beta will not load for me now. Just hangs ont eh "loading screen, I can hear the battle gong on explosions gunfire choppers flying about but cannot see anything.

GGRRAAWWRRR

Had that a lot with the BF3 Beta. No stretching necks this time then?

How's the controls feeling? I had a bad time with my mouse during the BF3 Beta so hopefully won't get that this time.

And yeah you are right, they all seem to hit a ceiling around 95 fps as soon as SLI or Dual GPU cards come into it.

Power Member
    Controls feel better but is hard to get the same feeling in BF3 because its a chuffign slider. When will they learn sliders suck? If it has a box to type numbers in we could get it exact same as in BF3.

Battle screen is a nice idea. Basically uses your local network and transmits your location to the web browser or your smart phone/tablet with the app. ITs basically a bigger permanent map, it updates in real-time and show locations of all your team mates and squad mates, lso enemies that have been spotted.

Nice idea but the current gen consoles do not get this feature. Only for PC PS4 Xbone.

Last edited by keefy; 10-02-2013 at 15:29.

Forum Sage

Is that supported in the beta?

argh, i'm not gonna' have any time with it until Sunday. Town friday night and going paint-balling on Saturday
    Last edited by BBK..; 10-02-2013 at 15:29.

Power Member
    Yes and watch this glitch.

Last edited by keefy; 10-02-2013 at 15:35.

Forum Sage

• We have received reports of Freezes and Crashes affecting the BF4 Beta client. Our team is currently investigating this matter and we will update you here as soon as we know more.
    • If you are affected by a Freeze or a Crash upon joining a game, and the error message “BF4 Beta has stopped working” appears, please make sure your Windows is fully updated and your Graphic card is running on its latest driver. Alternatively, some players using GeForce drivers were able to fix this by downgrading their driver to an earlier version.
    • We received report of unusually low performances, and are currently looking into that as well.
    • Please note that the Battlefield 4 Beta does not support Win32 and 32 Bit operating systems.
    • Video settings may not be saved after rebooting the game.
    • The tooltip “E” to enter the Venom is visible at a 400 meter distance.
    Some PC glitches.

Some console specific glitches

Extreme Poster
    man...i donno what it is, i'm just not feeling this game. i honestly thought i was going to be blown away like i did with BF3 beta. at this point, i can definitely say that i'm not blown away by BF4, and i'm not sure if i'll go through with it again.

there are some really cool changes they made...that make the game more in line with the consoles. this was my gripe, at the same time, it seems like they lost that special flair.

i can't pin-point it but it's partially to do with the fact that the map isn't really made for 24 players, they're made for 64 players.

so i don't know if other maps will be affected. either way, it feels easier. they made the bullet drop virtually non-existent...

in some ways, i like that but in more ways, i think they shouldn't have made it that...nonexistent. but it was definitely over done before.

right now it doesn't feel like BF (which hasn't been like BF since 2)...so this is more of a CODified BF to me.

definitely like i said, i don't mind that and i welcome it, but it may be the map that's just so uninspiring and boring. i wish they had chosen a better map with more vehicles. this just feels weird.

too bad because i like the gun mechanic changes. I might check it out again once it's out on PS4...but we'll see, if my son wants it, i'll get it, otherwise i'm not too big on it..especially since i have GTA5 to hold me off.

Power Member
    If you want the full experience you need to get it on PC or PS4 Xbone when it releases 24 player servers are too few.

I think its the map Its not very good and I hate it but watch it become the most played map when the game releases.

Bullets seem slower than previous game and when using a sniper I can hardly see where the bullet is going so its hard to gauge how much to adjust the aim.

I noticed The main tank cannon doesn't fire where the sights are aimed at, its always slightly down and off to the right so over long distances you can be quite a long way off and have to aim higher than you think for the shells to reach the destination.
    Last edited by keefy; 10-03-2013 at 15:09.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    If you want the full experience you need to get it on PC or PS4 when it releases 24 player servers are too few.
    I think its the map Its not very good and I hate it but watch it become the most played map when the game releases.

I noticed The main tank cannon doesn't fire where the sights are aimed at, its always slightly down and off to the right so over long distances you can be quite a long way off and have to aim higher than you think for the shells to reach the destination.
    maybe they did that with the tank so it's not overpowered. they should do that as a random thing though.

yea, it feels like everything is improved but i still can't get into it. it's definitely gotta be the map/number of players and maybe graphics too. graphics feel toned down but definitely more stable. draw distance is much less it feels. i zoomed in and noticed pop-in...which was rarely noticed in BF3 and this was like a couple of blocks down.

i'm going to retry on the PS4. i don't think i can get into the PC at this point. my son actually wanted to play BF3 yesterday lol but he played a little bit of the beta. so really if he likes it then i might go with that upgrade deal, otherwise meh. will wait.

Power Member
    I managed to get a tank at flag B. Once its there there is no way out

Forum Sage

Hope you've all had your practice! Open Beta day you bunch of sorry female dogs!

All joking aside, i'm gonna get whooped. Origin account is JunglistE

Extreme Poster
    been playing more of the game and it's not just the map. the game is just too arcade-y now. not liking it. i'm not sure if i'm going to jump in...probably will need to see more gameplay but i fear that if the gun mechanics are like this permanently then the game has lost its core competency.

they needed to tweak some things and they did...but they completely changed the gun mechanics in big ways. i really liked upping the accuracy, especially over time if you are full auto, but the game feels less realistic due to the way bullets hit and just overall feel of it, doesn't feel like BF.

they really nailed it this time with the classes though. the engineer weapons actually kick up but the kick is easy to handle. assault weapons have less kick but the least kick is from heavy machine guns, which is realistic AND it actually gives a chance for support to run around...which was sorely missing from BF3.

i hope i'm just overreacting because i want to like this game. going to play more, maybe i need to get used to it more.

Power Member
    I am signed into Origin send me a message if you want to pay some BF4.

Origin account = k33fy

Forum Sage

I'll be on some point over the weekend, Keefy.

Power Member
    You can create an emblem which gets painted onto your weapons and vehicles you drive. See the green squiggle ont he left side of gun.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I've played it on the 360 a few times. I can't seem to even get in a game on the pC.

Thread Information