Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 171
  1. #51
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    18
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    there isn't a need for pictures with killzone shadowfall, they do have gameplay videos and honestly ryse doesn't look fun. Sorry guys, I don't give a rats ass how a game looks, crytek has never been a developer to make solid MP games and I really don't think this game is going to be that good. It reminds me of Lair, looks good but just as boring as watching a clock for 2 hours.

  2. #52
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    there isn't a need for pictures with killzone shadowfall, they do have gameplay videos and honestly ryse doesn't look fun. Sorry guys, I don't give a rats ass how a game looks, crytek has never been a developer to make solid MP games and I really don't think this game is going to be that good. It reminds me of Lair, looks good but just as boring as watching a clock for 2 hours.
    Agreed. This game seems like another failure like Lair except this time its for Xbox.

  3. #53
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,213
    Rep Power
    79
    Points
    64,760 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Agreed. This game seems like another failure like Lair except this time its for Xbox.
    my goodness..lol Only one of those titles is actually a failure. Big difference. Sorry, but you can't put Lair on MS. That was all sony.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 09-28-2013 at 18:41.

  4. #54
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    my goodness..lol Only one of those titles is actually a failure. Big difference. Sorry, but you can't put Lair on MS. That was all sony.
    lol Wut? Never said Lair wasnt Sony hence "except this time its for Xbox". I'm saying this title has the makings of being a Lair level failure in my response to Demis comment. Thats my opinion on this game from what I'm seeing and hearing. Stop being so sensitive dude. Its really not that serious. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-28-2013 at 18:51.

  5. #55
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,213
    Rep Power
    79
    Points
    64,760 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    lol Wut? Never said Lair wasnt Sony. I'm saying this title has the makings of being a Lair level failure. Stop being so sensitive dude. Its not that serious. lol
    The makings? One actually did suck and failed, and the other hasn't been released yet. Yea, I see the similarities...lol

  6. #56
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    The makings? One actually did suck and failed, and the other hasn't been released yet. Yea, I see the similarities...lol
    Graphical downgrades and alot of negative impressions. Doesnt sound like a recipe for success. http://wccftech.com/ryse-downgrades-...yse-ran-pc-e3/ and http://www.thegameheadz.com/Default....ookieSupport=1
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-28-2013 at 18:57.

  7. #57
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    18
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    The makings? One actually did suck and failed, and the other hasn't been released yet. Yea, I see the similarities...lol
    gameplay wise when I look at both on youtube, they look dull. just because I think the gameplay looks boring others may like it. There are followings for every game out there. Heck, even Hannah Montana has sold copies. It doesn't mean it's good but as I said before, there is always a following regardless of the game.

    DR looks to be more fun compared to ryse.

  8. #58
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,213
    Rep Power
    79
    Points
    64,760 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Graphical downgrades and alot of negative impressions. Doesnt sound like a recipe for success. http://wccftech.com/ryse-downgrades-...yse-ran-pc-e3/ and http://www.thegameheadz.com/Default....ookieSupport=1
    ok, so we are basing this on a tweet from someone about Ryse running on a dev kit back at E-3...lol I guess this means a lot of launch games and 2014 releases don't have a recipe for success. Look at how crappy Assassins Creed 4 was running, for example.

    Graphical upgrades and downgrades are a normal part of development. Give a little to get a little. That's the way it goes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    gameplay wise when I look at both on youtube, they look dull. just because I think the gameplay looks boring others may like it. There are followings for every game out there. Heck, even Hannah Montana has sold copies. It doesn't mean it's good but as I said before, there is always a following regardless of the game.

    DR looks to be more fun compared to ryse.
    That's the way it goes. Different people like different things. Just because i don't like a game doesn't mean it's crappy to others.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 09-28-2013 at 19:30.

  9. #59
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Basing it on what I've seen and heard about this game. That was just two quick examples. And having to make graphical downgrades already doesn't bode well since launch games typically dont push the hardware very hard and this game certainly doesn't look like its doing anything special. Time will tell I guess.

  10. #60
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,213
    Rep Power
    79
    Points
    64,760 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Basing it on what I've seen and heard about this game. That was just two quick examples. And having to make graphical downgrades already doesn't bode well since launch games typically dont push the hardware very hard and this game certainly doesn't look like its doing anything special. Time will tell I guess.
    Ive heard good and not so good. I'm sure games that run 60 FPS had to sacrifice. Same with 1080p resolution.

  11. #61
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Ive heard good and not so good. I'm sure games that run 60 FPS had to sacrifice. Same with 1080p resolution.
    Meh. Time will tell. Still shouldnt have to be making so many sacrifices this early on. If it was later in the gen with graphics engines pushing the hardware hard I would understand.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-28-2013 at 20:33.

  12. #62
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,267
    Rep Power
    197
    Points
    130,071 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Meh. Time will tell. Still shouldnt have to be making so many sacrifices this early on.
    actually it's normal for them to make sacrifices early on because the code is not optimized for several reasons. 1) they're just digging their hands in. 2) engine is either last-gen with updates, cross-gen or next-gen but still at early stages or just not a very good engine.

    so after the first year, you'll see a lot more improvement. and then more so moving forward. Then you will have the last two years of the generation where you will start to see issues again as games will be more ambitious and the idea for the game would be good enough to let the frame rate suffer, of course there will always be those clean-looking games like TLOU but then also games like Far Cry 3. but all of these games will look the best too.

    that's just how it is with consoles. now if they keep this up and not change the architecture choice...they can minimize these issues and bring back BC, also keep the costs low on all ends. it will help the developers, consumers, publishers, console makers, everyone.

  13. #63
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,213
    Rep Power
    79
    Points
    64,760 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Meh. Time will tell. Still shouldnt have to be making so many sacrifices this early on. If it was later in the gen with graphics engines pushing the hardware hard I would understand.
    it makes sense for changes to happen. None of the launch games started out being developed on the final hardware. Hardware changes so games change.

  14. #64
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,267
    Rep Power
    197
    Points
    130,071 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    it makes sense for changes to happen. None of the launch games started out being developed on the final hardware. Hardware changes so games change.
    did the hardware change?

  15. #65
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    it makes sense for changes to happen. None of the launch games started out being developed on the final hardware. Hardware changes so games change.
    The hardware changed?? Thats news to me but ok. So by your logic the X1 hardware has been downgraded so as a result the graphics had to be downgraded in oder to accommodate. Y'know since these "changes" included the graphics being downgraded and the resolution lowered.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-28-2013 at 20:44.

  16. #66
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,267
    Rep Power
    197
    Points
    130,071 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    yeah that makes no sense because X1 never downgraded, in fact, it received a small upgrade. so no, it's highly unlikely these games would really show a noticeable change due to a small hardware change. especially not where they needed to compromise as the hardware never downgraded to our knowledge.

    but then like people said, the older version was running at 1080p, likely on PC i presume. so the small shift in resolution is the culprit.

  17. #67
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    yeah that makes no sense because X1 never downgraded, in fact, it received a small upgrade. so no, it's highly unlikely these games would really show a noticeable change due to a small hardware change. especially not where they needed to compromise as the hardware never downgraded to our knowledge. but then like people said, the older version was running at 1080p, likely on PC i presume. so the small shift in resolution is the culprit.
    Yep exactly. And with the small upgrade any changes to this game should have been an upgrade if any changes were to be made at all. So yeah what we saw at E3 must have been running on a PC like many articles have suggested.

  18. #68
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,213
    Rep Power
    79
    Points
    64,760 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    The hardware changed?? So by your logic the X1 hardware has been downgraded so as a result the graphics had to be downgraded as well.
    Hardware changes doesn't necessarily mean a hardware downgrade. This is a choice made by the devs. It's something that they wanted, but prpobably didn't have to do.


    For the record, the game was running on xb1s at gamescom.

  19. #69
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Hardware changes doesn't necessarily mean a hardware downgrade. This is a choice made by the devs. It's something that they wanted, but prpobably didn't have to do.
    Well you said the graphical downgrades were due to the hardware changing. But if it was due to say a hardware upgrade (like a CPU and GPU clock bump which it did get ) why would the graphics and resolution be scaled back? The only real logical explanation would be that what we saw at E3 was running on a higher spec PC and not an actual X1 console or dev kit.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-28-2013 at 20:58.

  20. #70
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    15,030
    Rep Power
    115
    Points
    40,461 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I agree with rad in this one the damn thing got a cpu and gpu clock bump and yet crytek of all people are having to downgrade? Doesn't add up

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

  21. #71
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    I agree with rad in this one the damn thing got a cpu and gpu clock bump and yet crytek of all people are having to downgrade? Doesn't add up Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    Yep, thats why I agree with the articles I've read suggesting that the E3 build was actually running on a higher spec PC. Its the only explanation that makes sense. I was amused by how Substance would only refer to these graphical and resolution downgrades as "changes." Talk about a gentle euphemism. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-28-2013 at 21:21.

  22. #72
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    32,267
    Rep Power
    197
    Points
    130,071 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    But Substance went on record to say that they were running on the Xbox One dev kit.

  23. #73
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    But Substance went on record to say that they were running on the Xbox One dev kit.
    lol

  24. #74
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    18
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    sometimes boring is just boring and there is no arguing it, even if you do like the game. When I watched the video of ryse, I almost fell off my chair in a sleeping state. lol even though there is a following for everygame doesn't mean that it's not boring and that was what I was pointing at. So far the only people I see sticking up for Ryse is the people that are really into Xbox. I will say that because so far that's what I've been witnessing. There are much better games for Xbox One other than Ryse and I am quite boggled at the fact this game is getting so much video time. it's silly.

  25. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  26. #75
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,213
    Rep Power
    79
    Points
    64,760 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Yep, thats why I agree with the articles I've read suggesting that the E3 build was actually running on a higher spec PC. Its the only explanation that makes sense. I was amused by how Substance would only refer to these graphical and resolution downgrades as "changes." Talk about a gentle euphemism. lol
    But you are choosing to ignore the fact that people have played the game running on xbox -one. Downgrades or upgrades are still changes. Just because a game isn't 1080p or 60fps doesn't necessarily mean that it can't be done, and it's not always just the hardware holding back.

    Forza is 1080P 60fps and drive club isn't. Does that mean xb1 is more capable? No it doesn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    sometimes boring is just boring and there is no arguing it, even if you do like the game. When I watched the video of ryse, I almost fell off my chair in a sleeping state. lol even though there is a following for everygame doesn't mean that it's not boring and that was what I was pointing at. So far the only people I see sticking up for Ryse is the people that are really into Xbox. I will say that because so far that's what I've been witnessing. There are much better games for Xbox One other than Ryse and I am quite boggled at the fact this game is getting so much video time. it's silly.
    I totally get it because I feel the same way about battlefield 4 and killzone.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.