Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    General Manager
    PSN ID
    jonnyvito
    Items 3d dot game heroes3d dot game heroesUser name styleMove360 SlimVitaLightningNaughty DogPlayStation
    I've almost completed it and will be doing the review for PSU. *jaw drops*
    DUST 514 name: swillw /Corporation PSU Ghost Syndicate

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    I'm not surprised really. If they can cut that long a demo and it remain compelling the whole way through, and even have, relatively speaking, replay value, it follows the whole game holds up. There's a reason most game demos are only 5 or 10 minutes. They don't want to have to show you the dull and complicated parts. If you can piece together 40 minutes of not-dull, most of it one narrative segment, you're probably pretty solid on the whole game.

Apprentice

I'm not excited for I didn't like the demo at all.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    I'll be there Tues. to pick up my preordered copy.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by melleka View Post
    I'm not excited for I didn't like the demo at all.
    Didn't like the gameplay?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Can't wait! So close!
    I have refrained from reading anything about the games story.
    All I've seen or heard about this game is from the trailers that were shown at the reveal and E3.
    I have an idea what the story is about and where it goes, but I'm quite positive that I'm wrong and I will be pleasantly surprised.

Apprentice
    Just played part of the demo and gotta say it moved this over to the "do not buy" category. I only played the first bit where you scare the fat lady in the other room, but it certainly didn't grab me. The controls were annoying and I never really felt in control of what was going on. i.e. the game just told me to break this window, rustle those papers, knock over that bottle.

I was hoping for some actual choice and freedom. Instead this just seems like another story with QTE-esque kinda gameplay. Unless I read reports on the full game saying there are more options to completing scenes, and more/better powers for Aiden, I just don't care any more. Seems like more classic QD; great stories, characters, and ideas, but crap gameplay.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Mate View Post
    Just played part of the demo and gotta say it moved this over to the "do not buy" category. I only played the first bit where you scare the fat lady in the other room, but it certainly didn't grab me. The controls were annoying and I never really felt in control of what was going on. i.e. the game just told me to break this window, rustle those papers, knock over that bottle.

I was hoping for some actual choice and freedom. Instead this just seems like another story with QTE-esque kinda gameplay. Unless I read reports on the full game saying there are more options to completing scenes, and more/better powers for Aiden, I just don't care any more. Seems like more classic QD; great stories, characters, and ideas, but crap gameplay.
    I remember saying a while ago that I didn't find the game appealing from a demo they showcased because the gameplay looked like you were completing a scene to a movie. And David Cage will often go on about characters, their emotions, polygons and being unique but does any of that translate to fun gameplay?
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Well, my cousin had it since Friday and I played about 20 minutes. The game looks really cool and I will get it from Bestbuy.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Thread Information