Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 6 1 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

GTA V's attention to detail, what have you noticed?

To get the ball rolling...

When you fall from a couple stories or fly through the windshield of your vehicle, there's a lot more blood on the player and you don't bounce around anymore.
    Character animations look more organic, varied etc.
    The skybox and overall lighting in GTA V is much more realistic in color and composition than GTA IV.
    Objects blowing in the wind, like the American flag (at least I think it's new).
    Last edited by Black; 09-30-2013 at 02:58.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I was playing yesterday and noticed something that really struck my attention, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. Hopefully I come across it again soon.

One thing I like is when you shoot through the back window, the glass breaks differently than the other glass on the car.
    If you run into a bird with your rotor blade, you'll chop it up.
    When an incident occurs, pedestrians will take out their phone and take a video/picture of it.
    Storefronts on the boardwalk are closed up at night.
    Puddles form when it rains.
    If you shoot rockets at Michael's house, he will call you and tell you to stop (saw this in a video).

Sadly one of the biggest things I've noticed is a negative, and that's how no cops appear outside of having a wanted level or them chasing an NPC. You can only find them sitting at speed traps or at the police station... never driving around or walking around on patrols. Not sure why R* went with this.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    I was playing yesterday and noticed something that really struck my attention, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. Hopefully I come across it again soon.

One thing I like is when you shoot through the back window, the glass breaks differently than the other glass on the car.
    If you run into a bird with your rotor blade, you'll chop it up.
    When an incident occurs, pedestrians will take out their phone and take a video/picture of it.
    Storefronts on the boardwalk are closed up at night.
    Puddles form when it rains.
    If you shoot rockets at Michael's house, he will call you and tell you to stop (saw this in a video).

Sadly one of the biggest things I've noticed is a negative, and that's how no cops appear outside of having a wanted level or them chasing an NPC. You can only find them sitting at speed traps or at the police station... never driving around or walking around on patrols. Not sure why R* went with this.
    I see cops after other criminals all the time. Not sure what you mean

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    yeh same. but I haven't see patrol cop as much as previous games though

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195

This was the very first complaint I saw with GTA V on the Internet. A ton were saying this but a few claim there are some but its very rare. Keeping with the hyper-realism theme, if you were in LA how many cop cars would you see just patrolling normally? I think however the chases with criminals and cops are way overdone on the other hand. Its not a huge issue with me but I also don't see any on-foot cops either which is the opposite of the PS2 GTAs where there was nothing but on-foot cops everywhere...way too many.

Normal patrol, not chasing criminals or at the side of a highway measuring your speed.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I mentioned that. You never see them outside of that or chasing you, though, unless they're at the police station. You won't find any cop wandering the sidewalks or a cop car stuck in traffic waiting for a light to change.

It's an "issue" quite a few people are having.

In all my hours playing I have never seen a police patrol car or cop on his beat. I understand not having as many as IV since the police presence isn't as big in LA, but in all my hours I should have seen at least one. They have the helicopter around Grove Street so they should also have officers on foot at the boardwalk/pier.

But I don't mean to hijack the thread with that "issue".

When you mess with the phone, the actual phone display in the character's hand changes.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    - When your character runs, he can sweat. A sweat patch forms on the back of his shirt on his chest.
    - If Michael wears flip flops (which is a questionable fashion choice), you can hear and see his feet lift off the padding.
    - The terrain you walk on affects how fast or slow you go, and with strain. For example, climbing up a mountain or hill seems harder on you than going on a flat surface. You can also easily slip and fall like a rag doll on a steep mountain.
    - You can flip the bird while driving if you select the unarmed option.
    - Sometimes if you steal a car in front of a large group of peds, one of them will become a white knight and try to fight you.
    - Sometimes, if you collide with another car, the driver can become angry and ram into you until you both stop and get out for a fight.
    - You can see police on freeway chases and pulling other people over.
    - This might be rare, but if you go into certain areas, some people will harass you or be scared of you and call the cops. I remember going as Franklin near the Mt. Chilliad town. There were these two redneck old ladies having a chat and a bbq. If you went up to their roof, they would get scared and call the cops.

Supreme Veteran

Cop are rare outside wanted levels or after they chase down criminals... But they do patrol at rear moments
    It is real strange...

I have noticed the detail on how the weather is and how it makes the characters and Ped's act like in real life and how the ocean reacts to the winds and the waves are realistic

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    - The terrain you walk on affects how fast or slow you go, and with strain. For example, climbing up a mountain or hill seems harder on you than going on a flat surface. You can also easily slip and fall like a rag doll on a steep mountain.
    In one of the reservoirs, you can run through an area where water recently receded from and you sink into it a little bit.

Unbound Mercenary
    One of the coolest I've seen is when I stopped a car with mine to steal the car behind me. I got out, forced the person out of their car. And some guy ran out of an alley, and stole my car.

I chased him down and murdered him, but still thought it was pretty funny. Also, sometimes when you shoot someone when they are driving, their foot will step on the gas, and the car darts off.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I've just been all around impressed at the pedestrian/civilian AI. I stopped on the highway, the traffic had stopped behind me honking. I faced a truck and accidental pulled out a shotgun. The truck driver floored his vehicle into me killing me on the spot was funny and in hindsight probably the most sensible thing to do in that situation.

It used to happen sometimes in old GTAs but now its consistent. AI will **** you over and don't give two ****s about you. I punched a grandma and she let her dog on me. The dog killed me in one hit

12. Likes Kopkiwi wishes they had posted this first.
    Extreme Poster
    one thing that impressed me was that if you really listen, you can hear the guns making that rattle sound every time you point them up. that's usually heard in proper shooters...i was surprised to hear that and i love that sound.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    One of the coolest I've seen is when I stopped a car with mine to steal the car behind me. I got out, forced the person out of their car. And some guy ran out of an alley, and stole my car.

I chased him down and murdered him, but still thought it was pretty funny. Also, sometimes when you shoot someone when they are driving, their foot will step on the gas, and the car darts off.
    I think R* programmed it so the car will veer into a tree or light post. It seems like 90% of the time I shoot someone or ram into them hard enough to knock them out, the car ends up running into one of those two things.

The best happened last night, a car rammed into the back of me after I rammed into them, then they veer off and run into a boulder and their car explodes.

Ultimate Veteran
    I personally like how the explosions in GTA V also consist of black smoke. The rain puddles are cool too. I remember them in Red Dead Redemption.

Rockstar's RAGE engine is just amazing.

Extreme Poster
    yea i actually like the way explosion is done, even though it's less dramatic than before but it's more detailed. cars also blow up better and you can actually see the people now, i think it was either they'd be burnt or they would disappear, don't remember but yea, little details like this is why i love the game.

you really can't please everyone, people don't realize how many things you can do in this game, people just wanna whine about little stuff. the basics of what makes a game legendary, this game has it all and more.

Ultimate Veteran
    I don't remember if they would disappear in GTA IV, but in the original San Andreas, they'd sit with their head down.
    Last edited by Black; 09-30-2013 at 22:28.

Unbound Mercenary
    Just a few minutes ago, I ran up to a guy in the hood, and tried to get his BMX bike, then he pulled out a gun, and hollered, and two other guys ran out of the house nearby and gunned me down.

Extreme Poster
    Just a few minutes ago, I ran up to a guy in the hood, and tried to get his BMX bike, then he pulled out a gun, and hollered, and two other guys ran out of the house nearby and gunned me down.
    gang member.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    You always seem too happy to die...

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by MW2-LgNd View Post
    You always seem too happy to die...
    Virtual Reality.

22. Likes MW2-LgNd wishes they had posted this first.
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Not really so much a key detail but just shows how detailed the game is. When you are over the water there is a streak of light coming from the moon that reflects the entire length of the water ahead of you leading to the moon. I think the water in this game is the most impressive detail wise. It looks real!

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Extreme Poster
    not just that, it actually acts like the real ocean too in some ways. i love how the waves are actually integral part of water...it really adds a nice depth to water sports. also more believable when you're swimming.

Power Member
    I mentioned that. You never see them outside of that or chasing you, though, unless they're at the police station. You won't find any cop wandering the sidewalks or a cop car stuck in traffic waiting for a light to change.

It's an "issue" quite a few people are having.

In all my hours playing I have never seen a police patrol car or cop on his beat. I understand not having as many as IV since the police presence isn't as big in LA, but in all my hours I should have seen at least one. They have the helicopter around Grove Street so they should also have officers on foot at the boardwalk/pier.

But I don't mean to hijack the thread with that "issue".

When you mess with the phone, the actual phone display in the character's hand changes.
    Really? I have seen cops sitting at lights doing nothing, in fact I ****ing hit one that turned and chased me and caused me to fail a mission. *****

Extreme Poster
    those goddamn racists

27. Likes Itachi wishes they had posted this first.
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopkiwi View Post
    Really? I have seen cops sitting at lights doing nothing, in fact I ****ing hit one that turned and chased me and caused me to fail a mission. *****
    It's weird because it seems some people never see them and others at least see them every so often.

I followed this one cop car and he lost the person he was chasing (they crashed and got stuck in a gated off area). His partner got his flashlight out and was shining it around, looking for where someone might be hidden. He's shining it through the front window instead of out the side, but I think it's okay as they no longer had a front window. I do think it was a little redundant to continue shining it at the corner, as if someone would magically appear from under that table.

Also, pedestrians will start running to get to the other side of the street if the walk sign changes to don't walk.

Thread Information