Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    considering they have a good foundation this generation with the engines...i don't think it'll be as long, i think a lot of that had to do with the hardware. next-gen consoles are much easier to code for and as for money/budget, we shouldn't care because they just made a billion in a day? they know the more money they put in, the more they will get back. of course, to a certain extent. i think they've found that sweet spot.

Unbound Mercenary
    Its also important to note that they have generated a new standard for the game. Now people will be expecting some pretty amazing shit for GTA 6. lol
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Extreme Poster
    they could port this over and it'd be a lot better. just imagine the draw distance getting better and literally having NO pop-ins. meaning, you can see people from miles away. not to mention, a huge upgrade to graphics in general. maybe cockpit views as well.

come on, you know you all would pay another $60 for that.

i've always had faith in R* and people would argue with me, back when watch dogs and sleeping dogs came out and i said, cool but GTA5 will be better. sorry lol. people were like, "how would you know that"? because i do mofo.

Supreme Veteran

5 years and a current engine that R* has, they just have to increase the ability of the engine

And make GTA VI

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    battal92
    Lol thinking about the next gta already...u gotta learn to not get bored of things so fast

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by MW2-LgNd View Post
    Lol thinking about the next gta already...u gotta learn to not get bored of things so fast
    I don't think boredom has anything to do with it, atleast in my case. I'm a techincal/graphics whore so I wanna see what can be achieved next gen

Extreme Poster
    oh yea for sure, i was bored of this generation 2 years ago. honestly whatever i wanted out of this generation, was spent on resolution/shaders/textures etc. the games didn't change much. animations did but that's about it. no A.I. advancement, games weren't that much bigger, still broken levels, still loadings between places etc.

so GTA5 was an awesome in-between experience. it's still very limited but probably the most open and amazing game of all time yet. it was amazing to experience this. i'm still in awe when i look at the moonlight hitting the road and the environments around me in the rural areas. fucking gorgeous.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    I'm wondering if it's something you can do with any car. Like if they respond to you spinning your tires the same as if you were honking or flipping them off. I'll have to get that a test tomorrow.
    So yea, just tried this. It's not about racing but rather scaring them and they freak out. Did a burnout next to this lady in a crappy vehicle. She looked over and got panicked, then when the light turned green she raced away.

When I was having a gunfight earlier, I noticed when I'd shoot someone there'd be another person behind cover yelling that Kevin is down, then if I shot someone else they'd say another name.

I've also seen car alarms go off when another car gets too close (or is too loud?).

Extreme Poster
    ^figured. it did seem like they weren't really racing because you would see them talking about it or something.

also they got the radio thing wrong. you know, they's just a buncha newbs tryin'a get hits.

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    they could port this over and it'd be a lot better. just imagine the draw distance getting better and literally having NO pop-ins. meaning, you can see people from miles away. not to mention, a huge upgrade to graphics in general. maybe cockpit views as well.

come on, you know you all would pay another $60 for that.

i've always had faith in R* and people would argue with me, back when watch dogs and sleeping dogs came out and i said, cool but GTA5 will be better. sorry lol. people were like, "how would you know that"? because i do mofo.
    ...naw man. If its the same game, not worth it. Graphics have never really been that important. I play most of my games on a shitty little low-res screen anyway. Sometimes I get it to a high def and just soak it all in.

If it weren't for F34R being a an awesome guy, I wouldn't have it at all. I'd just be watching videos and crying. lol

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    It's going to take more than graphics for me to jump back into GTA5. It better have one hell of a set of single player dlc.

There's a good deal of things that should have been in this game that wasn't. Why couldn't I run the club like on Gay Tony? Why the hell were there not many heist? Fuck the whole stock thing. And it takes too long to earn cash without the stocks. Why does my bullet proof tires get shot out so easily?. What happened to turf wars?...GTA5 is my fav title in the series but it's missing a few things here and there that was in previous games. The game just seems so freaking short too. It could have been so much more.

My mini rant.
    This message is hidden because Sub-stance1 is on your ignore list.

12. Likes hoverbike wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    I'm wondering if it's something you can do with any car. Like if they respond to you spinning your tires the same as if you were honking or flipping them off. I'll have to get that a test tomorrow.
    I've tried it with a sports car and a pickup truck and both times the other sports car would speed away but you could still outrun them. I did come across some racers in the Los Santos Storm Drain at night though.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Surebrec
    I've noticed the moon rises in the west, and sets in the east, and it's not lit dependent on its relative position to the sun. I've also noticed that its path across the sky ranges from being too far north, to too far south.
    Don't waste your words I don't need anything from you.
    I don't care where you've been or what you plan to do.
    I am the resurrection and I am the light.
    I couldn't ever bring myself to hate you as I'd like.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    They should be able to significantly enhance the population on the streets..making city's feel more alive. Add more people..

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    They should be able to significantly enhance the population on the streets..making city's feel more alive. Add more people..
    I think the consoles limited them on that. Hopefully the PC version has more, or at least sliders like the last GTA had to increase traffic. If not, I guess there's always modding files.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    I think the consoles limited them on that. Hopefully the PC version has more, or at least sliders like the last GTA had to increase traffic. If not, I guess there's always modding files.
    Yeah they did. Sometimes, it's nice to have options when zooming in with a sniper rifle from high up a mountain..heh.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    That's something I'm glad got fixed from IV, the NPCs in vehicles not spawning until a certain distance, which led to ghost cars.

Supreme Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Its also important to note that they have generated a new standard for the game. Now people will be expecting some pretty amazing shit for GTA 6. lol
    For sure, will they keep the multi choice

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    For sure, will they keep the multi choice
    While its cool. I was fine with just the one guy.

Supreme Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    While its cool. I was fine with just the one guy.
    Me too, but it feels fresh and not the old classic. I would love to see where they take this new feature

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    I'm loving the Euphoria physics engine. I tried to climb over a gate that I had pushed and noticed my character fall off the other side. You'll also fall off a moving vehicle multiple ways depending on where you position yourself and its speed.
    Last edited by Black; 10-18-2013 at 04:20.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Supreme Veteran

Seen area's the works actually work and not just stand around waiting for you coming into focus

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I'm loving the Euphoria physics engine. I tried to climb over a gate that I had pushed and noticed my character fall off the other side. You'll also fall off a moving vehicle multiple ways depending on where you position yourself and its speed.
    Yep. Last night i managed to scale a roof with ease, but a simple bush was too much for my character, and he simply fell on it, then over it, landing on his head and losing half my energy bar. Fantastic.

Supreme Veteran

The pratfall is so cool and the interaction with peds is so detailed, it's amazing

Extreme Poster
    i noticed that lowering your color settings works wonders. made it look sharper (as the colors won't bleed) and makes the game look realistic.

also for those that don't know, your HDTVs are supposed to have the "sharpness" to 0. that is the natural settings that your TV has. anything OVER 0 is digital and is not what it's supposed to look like.

GTA 5 will look slightly blurry but it will also appear more realistic. try it.

Thread Information