Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 ... LastLast
    Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    $#@! it, i am not even interested in ranking up or earning money... I only go on to $#@! about for an hour and that is it
    Yeah that can be fun too man! Have you tried online?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I am talking about online friend
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    I'm not too pushed about the whole apartment thing, if I'm honest. Was in a few yesterday and besides drinking heaps of whiskey it doesn't seem interesting at all - just a half-decent meet-up point! Garage, now that's practical.
    you need a apartment for heists

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gers View Post
    Sorry I should have used property rather than apartment as I only own a Garage at the moment lol so I'm homeless too

I take it you can own multiple Garages?

1 garage and 1 home

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dj- View Post
    you need a apartment for heists
    Ah, really? I'll need an apartment so!

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    1 garage and 1 home
    I take it you can upgrade at any point?

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gers View Post
    I take it you can upgrade at any point?

yep

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    from R*
    Hi everyone,
    Just to clarify for those who were asking about the adjustment made to mission replay payouts, please remember that we are continuing to regularly balance the dynamic in-game economy and whenever we discover that there are unintended loopholes that some players are exploiting to grind cash or RP, you can expect that we will be adjusting or closing them. By the same token, there are also cases where we’re balancing the economy in the opposite direction such as recently reduced penalties for dying. All of this is done to keep things as fair and as fun as possible - please remember that we are looking at not only player data in our ongoing tuning process decision-making but also at your direct input, so if you have any feedback about the in-game economy or any other aspects of the game, please direct it to GTAOnline@rockstargames.com as we are actively looking at all player feedback sent to that address. We thank you for your understanding and patience and please stay tuned this week for more information including timing of the first GTA$ Stimulus Package deposit and the forthcoming new content such as the Beach Bum Pack, Content Creator and Heists.

Elite Sage
    from R*
    Hi everyone,
    Just to clarify for those who were asking about the adjustment made to mission replay payouts, please remember that we are continuing to regularly balance the dynamic in-game economy and whenever we discover that there are unintended loopholes that some players are exploiting to grind cash or RP, you can expect that we will be adjusting or closing them. By the same token, there are also cases where we’re balancing the economy in the opposite direction such as recently reduced penalties for dying. All of this is done to keep things as fair and as fun as possible - please remember that we are looking at not only player data in our ongoing tuning process decision-making but also at your direct input, so if you have any feedback about the in-game economy or any other aspects of the game, please direct it to GTAOnline@rockstargames.com as we are actively looking at all player feedback sent to that address. We thank you for your understanding and patience and please stay tuned this week for more information including timing of the first GTA$ Stimulus Package deposit and the forthcoming new content such as the Beach Bum Pack, Content Creator and Heists.

Hopefully, they don't consider the cash amount for survival a loophole. I love getting that 20k after finishing 10 waves.

WylieTimes spoils me.
    <3 Tribunal, not in a ghey way though... kinda...
    70% of the world is covered by water... The rest is USA!
    [/CENTER]

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
    Hopefully, they don't consider the cash amount for survival a loophole. I love getting that 20k after finishing 10 waves.
    they consider selling a bike over and over again a "loophole"

Elite Member
    What is up with everyone online? they never play Mission's, Deathmatches, Races or help with the online story missions!!!! all everyone wants to do is fook about an be an ass of themselves online :/ don't know why I even go on sometimes! cant even do this 'Enjoy your stay Trophy' because nobody want's to play bit of tennis, golf, darts or arm wrestle. users are soo smoked up they just want to kill ya ass while you doing other things.

Another thing loading times is toooooo loooonnnngggggg!!

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    ^^ i don't do missions with others because people just $#@! about..tried a few times but was a waste of time. So keepin myself to myself online.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    ^^ i don't do missions with others because people just $#@! about..tried a few times but was a waste of time. So keepin myself to myself online.
    I haven't run into that myself everyone I've met actually wanted to play the game the right way, but they still were sore losers if they lost.

As for missions though no one just randomly killed me we actually did the mission, and he never bailed on me either especially if we died a few times.

Now on the other hand random people killing you for no reason except just to kill that does get annoying as hell, but there is the passive mode for that.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    In my limited time with other players, I've been extremely lucky.

I've done a few missions with random players (and a few from the crew) and every time they've played correctly. Occasionally they aren't that good, but we still get the job done. Also when I had first created my character, the other person there with me played right along. I was the drive and he did the leg work. Didn't even try to shoot me when we no longer needed to work together.

However, I know most experiences are complete opposite of this. I tried to join a crew member's mission and got thrown into the world where he was free roaming. The first thing that happened was someone in a car trying to kill me. Thankfully he was terrible and I was able to simply run away and hop a fence.

I'll probably be on later, haven't really played the past few days. Been busy with a computer build.

Apprentice
    If anyone wants to play, im usually always on...trying to save money for a decent apartment...my psn is Kawaiius

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiius View Post
    If anyone wants to play, im usually always on...trying to save money for a decent apartment...my psn is Kawaiius
    haha u where in one of my games

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Was on earlier to check gang areas. Made a decent amount of cash just from picking up crate drops along the way, and had three armored trucks spawn. Also did a mission to earn a little RP to level up (at 61 now).

So I guess the money isn't hitting until next week sometime?

Elite Member
    Got a question about a online mission I was invited to, 4 player mission inc me & bro two other users on a merrywether mission construction building get the package but some reason none of us were able to find a way up the construction building, the lift don't work it has no button an couldn't find a chopper anywhere! how you suppose to retrieve the drugs from up there? lol

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    Got a question about a online mission I was invited to, 4 player mission inc me & bro two other users on a merrywether mission construction building get the package but some reason none of us were able to find a way up the construction building, the lift don't work it has no button an couldn't find a chopper anywhere! how you suppose to retrieve the drugs from up there? lol
    You have to find a chopper, theres a place where they land on your way to the airport...i had that mission one time but as one of the choppers were landing this guy shot it and it took off.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaiius View Post
    You have to find a chopper, theres a place where they land on your way to the airport...i had that mission one time but as one of the choppers were landing this guy shot it and it took off.
    Find a chopper this iv tried I drove all way to sandy shore airfield then 'no chopper' been to the SA main airport an 'no chopper' not to worry don't think ill be getting another go at the mission lol

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    Find a chopper this iv tried I drove all way to sandy shore airfield then 'no chopper' been to the SA main airport an 'no chopper' not to worry don't think ill be getting another go at the mission lol
    lol i had the same problem

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    I hate that mission. I no longer accept it because it takes too long. Here's where a chopper can spawn and also the method I use.

The place marker within the circle is where the helicopter landing pad is in the marina. If it does spawn, you will see it flying away as soon as you can see it. Quickly drive to the area it was (but not exactly where it was) and get out of your vehicle and the pilot will come down and land. From there you can take he chopper.

It likely won't spawn the first time you check, so drive out of that red circle and then back to the landing pad. I typically drive further away, but if you drive until at least that circle, it's within the radius that the chopper will spawn.

A is Maze Bank and just below that is the marker for the construction site. Now, what I first do is park my personal vehicle at B, in the road or the parking spaces nearby. Because it takes too long to kill the chopper that shows up after you pick up the package, the easiest escape is jumping off the building, parachuting quickly towards your awaiting vehicle. You can simply jump and steal another vehicle, but I like my personal one because it's fast, bulletproof tires and armored.

Back to Maze Bank. If you have a sniper rifle you can land on there and pick off the people on the highest point of the construction site. Various ones hide behind objects, but if you look into the scope but don't zoom fully in, the enemies load but the objects don't, so while you cannot shoot them then, you can at least see where any are. After that, I fly over and take everyone else out on foot and proceed to escaping.

The last mission I had used Merryweather pickup service to fly me to Maze Bank, then parachuted over to the construction site (since it's a Lester mission, we can't simply buy a helicopter from him, which is the biggest pain in the mission). After completing everything, I couldn't get Merryweather to pick me up. So, I walked the beams over to the crane and slowly climbed down, killing enemies near the bottom that climbed up to get me.

It's a ridiculous mission. I don't know why air vehicles don't spawn in missions like they do in free roam.

Unbound Mercenary
    Starting to really like online. I was in a gun shop, browsing at stuff, getting a parachute and such. And a guy comes in a jerks off for a bit, and salutes me. So I do the same, then he does the bro love move, and I do the same. Then I get a text from him saying, "Did we just become best friends?", so I replied "Yep!".

So I got a friend request from him, And we've been doing missions together for a while. lol

Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Starting to really like online. I was in a gun shop, browsing at stuff, getting a parachute and such. And a guy comes in a jerks off for a bit, and salutes me. So I do the same, then he does the bro love move, and I do the same. Then I get a text from him saying, "Did we just become best friends?", so I replied "Yep!".

So I got a friend request from him, And we've been doing missions together for a while. lol

Aww. Its these sorta bromances that stirs a man heart...

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    So I just got online for the first time and my main fear turned out to be valid, I can't read $#@!. Because I'm on a SDTV that is 27", the text is almost unreadable and once you get online reading text is much more important. Is it even possible to go through with online without a HDTV?

There are a couple things I'm most concerned about, one being if I just got online now, can I still get the $500,000 (I didn't see it in my bank yet when I checked). I know *R said anyone who goes online during this month will get it but do I have to do something? I haven't noticed any degradation of graphics for online and no drops in frame-rate. I also heard the faint noises of little kids yelling into the mics right when I first got online, the sig of online in the modern age lol. Afterwards, loud tones and pitches that could be heard by anyone in the same neighborhood as me that were being emitted from my TV. Major audio WTF moment. Surprisingly, didn't die within one second but I got close to someone, they let their Uzi roll and that was it.

I don't get why Rockstar wouldn't make an option to have large text in this game, very essential for older TVs! They have useless options in there but not this. I'm starting to doubt that online will be possible for me unless I have a HDTV.

Thread Information