A Reddit user, in charge of TheGTAPlace.com, hosted an AMA to answer questions about Grand Theft Auto Online after travelling to New York at the behest of Rockstar Games.
Playing on the Xbox 360, it was stated that there were no performance issues, with no lag though that could be different based on players playing across the world instead of in the same room. Bugs were also limited, with one particular instance involving cops killing another player on the same server first before setting their sights on you. Whether this was lag or a glitch wasnít clear, but given that this was an early build from 1 to 2 months ago, thereís a chance that such bugs would be eliminated.
Almost all clothes shops and tattoo parlours were unlocked from the start. You can also choose the appearance of your four grandparents, which will influence your characterís look. You can customize your skin colour, hairstyle, age and other stats though. You can make a new character but itís not certain if you can change this generated character. Itís not certain if you can create multiple characters for GTA Online.
Youíll need to reach about rank 8 or 9 to buy properties but there are plenty of houses and apartments to buy across the map. When you start the game, youíll have missions such as Deathmatch and Races in which you can bet on the winner and earn money. You can also get texts from different characters for extra jobs to earn more money. Many weapons arenít unlocked from the start, irrespective of how much money you have, so youíll need to upgrade your rank by completing missions to unlock them.
As far as properties went, one small house was about $20000. You can rob stores and pick up roughly $3000-$6000 each time, but there will be enough balancing to ensure that itís not abused. How it works is that you can point a gun at the store clerk and theyíll give you money in a carrier bag till the cash register is empty. You can shout into a headset to get them to give you money, which will cause the cash to be emptied quicker. Some store owners have pistols though, so be careful when entering and leaving lest you get shot.
Youíll start off in the single-player campaign in which you can switch to multiplayer from the character menu. The process has been described as quick enough to not be frustrating.
There is also something called Passive Mode, in which players cannot be killed and will have a line through their radar icons. You canít quite switch while on a mission, and you may need to enter free roam for it. A reputation system is also in place to ensure you donít drop out of matches for whatever reason. Passive Mode can be entered for a price, which would be about $100 or $500.
You can also take car insurance. Simply give the contact a call and you can make a claim on the car. This wonít net a huge amount of money, but it is a good way to get your car replaced.
Missions were stated to need at least two players, though some could have as many as eight taking part and theyíre adequately team-based. For example: One team will be protecting an objective while the other team is focused on eliminating it. Youíll essentially see the same kinds of missions as present in single-player but with the ability to play with friends. Rockstar Games still stuck by their 500 missions number.
Interestingly, the Social Club was experiencing network issues during the event which prevented mission/job data from being downloaed. If that was a problem, think about how it will be once millions of people access GTA Online tomorrow. You can still play with friends and access the world, but youíll probably be prevented from accessing the latest available missions.
Grand Theft Auto Online has shipped with Grand Theft Auto 5 and will be launching tomorrow for Xbox 360 and PS3.
Passive Mode can be entered for a price, which would be about $100 or $500.
Some important basics:
GTA Online Launch Updates:
At the Rockstar Games Support site, there is a dedicated article listing out the most common technical issues being reported. Things are changing and developing frequently but here are some latest updates as of this afternoon:
- For PlayStation 3 users, a PlayStation Network server issue was detected that was limiting the amount of possible concurrent users. This was preventing most players from accessing GTA Online altogether and as of this morning, that problem was resolved.
- There is an issue that is preventing some players from getting through the first tutorial mission across both platforms. Many players have been able to get through this with repeated retries, and we are working on unblocking this for everyone as soon as possible.
- This morning, we experienced some instability across the GTA Online services which is affecting even people who have progressed beyond the tutorial mission. We are identifying these issues now and are working to restore stability for users as soon as possible.
- For the time being and until we have been able to get everybody access to GTA Online and things are running smoothly, we have disabled the option of purchasable GTA$ cash packs. Players can however keep on earning GTA$ by pulling off Jobs and other profitable gameplay activities rather than purchasing cash packs.
You can keep updated on these and other common issues by subscribing to the GTA Online Launch Status Rockstar Support article at http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/...atest-Updates-. Subscribers will be sent an automatic notification as updates happen.
- We're currently working on a title update for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 to address commonly reported issues with GTA Online. We hope to have it out for download as soon as tomorrow.
A new GTAV title update to address issues in GTA Online is now available for PlayStation 3. We're currently working with Microsoft to get this update published for Xbox 360 as soon as possible - we expect it to be live by sometime overnight. This title update addresses a number of issues that GTA Online players have been experiencing in the initial days of launch this week, including:
- Fix to address the issue where players were stuck launching a session before the Mall or Nothing race in the online tutorial.
- Fix to address an issue where bank & cash were deleted incorrectly in some cases.
- Fix to address incorrect amounts of cash being dropped when the player dies in Missions and Last Team Standing.
- Fixes an issue where the Character Switch Wheel would disappear after a failed load.
- Fixes an issue where attempting to enter GTA Online via the Character Switch Wheel caused a black screen.
- Fixes an issue where temporary characters were overwriting main characters.
- Fixes an issue where players were losing apartments and the money they spent on them.
- Fixes an issue that caused Story Mode missions to be missed in some instances.
- Removes the autosave that occurred when transitioning into GTA Online from within GTAV Story Mode to prevent the chance of Story Mode saves becoming corrupted.
- Several tweaks to GTA Online including improving overall stability.
Results 1 to 25 of 252
- Join Date
- Sep 2008
- PSN ID
- Rep Power
- 11,876 (0 Banked)
GTA Online New Details - Fix List !
Last edited by Abdou23; 10-05-2013 at 03:33.
Currently Playing: GTA 5
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)