Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    You saying his experience? lol I don't believe he has that kind of experiences in the first place, maybe that is your problem , believing this random guy.

I will say it again, I don't see anyone here , will actually try to write tons of random lies just for belittling MS. Because this is what that dude does, and it is so normal for game fans to state he is an idiot, because he is. "PS4 is not as good as XBO" as an opinion is cool, but spreading lots of lies ( and pushing the limits with that) is making sense in two cases. 1)- he is nuts, 2)- he is working for Ms.
    Saying he is a Ms employee sounds a little weird but I agree because this guy make it possible.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

2. Likes mistercrow, Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Well, it helps when you keep posting. But, I'm honestly not so sure what you're upset about? A rumor got nipped right at its source rather than becoming the next internet rage. This should be seen as a good thing and a warning to people who try to put ungrounded BS out there. How that's being spun as a bad thing, especially in a forum that supports the PS4, is frankly mad.
    I'm far from being upset. I'm more amazed at the way people take others opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    You saying his experience? lol I don't believe he has that kind of experiences in the first place, maybe that is your problem , believing this random guy.
    It's not hard to go to the Eurogamer expo. A friend of mine went this year and she brought me back a magazine from it. I'll ask her and see what she remembers.

Ultimate Veteran
    I know controllers break all the time when I touch them..

Elite Sage
    . But it is worth noting that I actually broke the very first PlayStation 4 pad I touched so is the build quality still a, issue? Or was I just unlucky.

You guys take it to heart too much. It's just a plastic box...

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabjabs View Post
    I love the fact that everyone is jumping on this guy just because he wrote personal review favoring X1. Remind me of how stupid these consoles wars get, for one system to win the other "MUST" be total trash otherwise it's not worth fighting for.

If it's positive news then they must be an agent for MS, it's just plain stupid!

Microsoft can make good stuff too, Sony doesn't have an exclusivity on quality. Both X1 and Ps4 will be awesome... Wii U too.
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Probably another shilll...
    http://www.3news.co.nz/Xbox-One-Play...Latest+News%29

Seriously guys, its just random people stating their preference after seeing the machines.

If all it takes Mr Random poster to make your mind up for you, then your probably a waste of space anyway. I doubt anyone takes anything like as anything but anecdotal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    This is simply just some guys opinion. He prefers the XBone. Big deal.

The way some of you react to some guys preference is by far worse than anything he wrote. It's almost like you think the Xbone can't possibly be good, at all.

I do agree with him about some bits. The Xbone does look like it has the stronger launch line up. DR3 looks more fun than any of the PS4 launch games.
    preferences are fine. you can't argue over that. but how you gonna break a controller after touching it for the first time? lol i've bought $#@! from china for a buck that lasted me longer than 10 days of use.

then he says that driveclub looks "nowhere near as good" as forza 5? there are opinions and then there are opinions that are like assholes, they stink

it's easy to tell from a genuine critique and drivel.

i'm just laughing at it.
    Last edited by Omar; 10-01-2013 at 14:50.

7. Likes mistercrow, Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    I'm far from being upset. I'm more amazed at the way people take others opinions.

It's not hard to go to the Eurogamer expo. A friend of mine went this year and she brought me back a magazine from it. I'll ask her and see what she remembers.
    Its hard to not see through his "opinions" though dontcha think?
    https://live.xbox.com/en-GB/Profile?gamertag=OMEN66

Why pretend to even be remotely interested in PS4 in the first place? Pro MS all the way 'till death do they part..
    PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

Ultimate Veteran
    I guess I logged into Justanotherplasticboxuniverse.com today. Oh look, so did you.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    This article is BS. I have nothing else to say.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    @Lefein: Where did you find this drivle?

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    @Lefein: Where did you find this drivle?

13. Likes K2D , Omar likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by roy8846 View Post
    Its hard to not see through his "opinions" though dontcha think?
    https://live.xbox.com/en-GB/Profile?gamertag=OMEN66

Why pretend to even be remotely interested in PS4 in the first place? Pro MS all the way 'till death do they part..
    I see an XBL profile page... What are you trying to suggest? This is literally nothing else than people not liking his opinion. It's like me going over to an Xbox forum and posting something like that but the other way around.

I guess I logged into Justanotherplasticboxuniverse.com today. Oh look, so did you.
    Well aren't you a funny $#@!er. Please do tell me how the PS4 (and XBO for that matter) isn't just another plastic box. Then you can also tell me why it's worth getting so emotionally attached to a plastic $#@!ing box.

It's like being a child and crying because someone doesn't like your action man but instead likes G.I Joe.

All he wrote is a flipping opinion piece and some of you are acting like he is writing for IGN full of factual evidence. The worst bit is the only reason your all getting mad is because is because you get involved in this stupid bull$#@! that is a console war. Half of you grown men act like $#@!ing children.

Some of you lot genuinely have me speechless.

Ultimate Veteran
    Well aren't you a funny $#@!er. Please do tell me how the PS4 (and XBO for that matter) isn't just another plastic box. Then you can also tell me why it's worth getting so emotionally attached to a plastic $#@!ing box.

It's like being a child and crying because someone doesn't like your action man but instead likes G.I Joe.

All he wrote is a flipping opinion piece and some of you are acting like he is writing for IGN full of factual evidence. The worst bit is the only reason your all getting mad is because is because you get involved in this stupid bull$#@! that is a console war. Half of you grown men act like $#@!ing children.

My bad for pointing out a problem where someone is so emotionally invested in some other plastic box that they are willing to bull$#@! planet earth and write an email to a major publication to spread this monumental level of $#@!ery. Clearly, I'm just not looking at this as objectively as you..

16. Likes JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Is what he said going to put you off buying a PS4?

Forum Overseer
    I see an XBL profile page... What are you trying to suggest? This is literally nothing else than people not liking his opinion. It's like me going over to an Xbox forum and posting something like that but the other way around.

that's cool dude, it seems like you're taking it to the heart the most here yet. that was a broad generalization btw. considering you always come in and knock people's "opinions" when they make it about the all mighty "PC". that horse is mighty high sir.

like i said, it's not about opinions, it's about the ones that are stinking up the place. why is it wrong to criticise opinions? isn't that why we're here to begin with?

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    my last girlfriend was just another plastic box.....

anywho, point being is, the article written in the OP is bull$#@!, we all know it. just let it go and move on right?

20. Likes Shingo , Lefein, Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    my last girlfriend was just another plastic box.....

anywho, point being is, the article written in the OP is bull$#@!, we all know it. just let it go and move on right?
    i don't know who was really upset though, i know i was just laughing the whole time.

22. Likes Shingo likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    i don't know who was really upset though, i know i was just laughing the whole time.
    That was my original intention. Especially if it gained traction through the usual blogosphere. Just having a laugh.

24. Likes Shingo likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    All I know is that someone was/is upset with the opinions of others opinions on The Opinion because others opinions didn't match the opinion of how he felt they should have viewed The Opinion

edit:I think I got one too many opinions in there that throws it off but you guys get the point
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 10-01-2013 at 17:35.

26. Likes Shingo , JDizzleNO1 , darky89 , BBK.. , Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    an interesting turn of events for sure had no idea this thread was going to take off in an epic way.

28. Likes Shingo likes this post
    Elite Sage
    that's cool dude, it seems like you're taking it to the heart the most here yet. that was a broad generalization btw. considering you always come in and knock people's "opinions" when they make it about the all mighty "PC". that horse is mighty high sir.

like i said, it's not about opinions, it's about the ones that are stinking up the place. why is it wrong to criticise opinions? isn't that why we're here to begin with?
    Typically my problem lies with people not knowing what they are talking about with the PC. I've never had a problem with people disliking the PC as a gaming platform. So my horse isn't high at all.

Feel free to go through my post history to find a time i've got upset because someone doesn't like gaming on a PC. It's ok. I'll wait...

Basically my problem is why has this even got to people in the first place. Has it put anyone off buying a PS4, probably not. So what is the problem.

And I do agree, there isn't anything wrong with criticising an opinion. That's not what I got annoyed at. It's just the way that if anyone says something positive about the Xbone it automatically means they are a MS PR employee.

I read the piece as. I tried the PS4, I didn't like the launch games. I tried the Xbone, I liked the launch games. I think the DS4 has been improved but I still prefer the Xbox pad. The PC's the games were on crashed however Knack ran without flaws. On my first attempt with the DS4 the pad broke, maybe it was bad luck. That is what I took from the OP.

I don't even know why I got so annoyed, i'm not even buying a XBone for a year or 2 at least but it's just reading some of the replies got me agitated.

Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    All I know is that someone was/is upset with the opinions of others opinions on The Opinion because others opinions didn't match the opinion of how he felt they should have viewed The Opinion

edit:I think I got one too many opinions in there that throws it off but you guys get the point
    More or less summed me up

I'm home now and no longer at work so I have a bit more clarity. While I still mean everything I said, Lefein, I know you probably didn't anyway, but don't take anything I said too seriously. I was just a 'tad' annoyed.
    Last edited by BBK..; 10-01-2013 at 17:57.

Forum Overseer
    Typically my problem lies with people not knowing what they are talking about with the PC.
    really? so I have no idea what I'm talking about? lol. ok let's say you're talking about other people. then isn't this the same thing? some of those comments weren't dislike comments, they were stupid comments. such as drive club not passing to be even close to forza 5. how stupid does that sound?do you think this guy knows what he's talking about? he broke the controller after touching it for the first time? does he have sausages for fingers?

I've never had a problem with people disliking the PC as a gaming platform. So my horse isn't high at all.
    but i love PCs and you still have a problem with my take on the whole console vs PC issue. is it making you from buying the next PC hardware?
    well played.

Basically my problem is why has this even got to people in the first place. Has it put anyone off buying a PS4, probably not. So what is the problem.
    that's the thing, there is no problem. it was a funny article, i don't know who was upset over it. do you think anyone said that they weren't going to buy a PS4 now or that they're upset?

are you saying that we should just go ahead and praise idiots now? that makes no sense, we're not here to praise everything, we're here to give our critiques and praises.

so far, we've realized that you have a problem with people giving opinions on their opinions.

i'll guarantee you that if i started making stupid $#@! like that, you would also laugh lol. you were already laughing at me to begin with, maybe you do think that i come up with stupid $#@! lol. so what is the difference? are you any different than people in this thread?

Elite Sage
    really? so I have no idea what I'm talking about? lol. ok let's say you're talking about other people. then isn't this the same thing? some of those comments weren't dislike comments, they were stupid comments. such as drive club not passing to be even close to forza 5. how stupid does that sound?do you think this guy knows what he's talking about? he broke the controller after touching it for the first time? does he have sausages for fingers?
    I'm not saying you don't know what your taking about but I am saying you do advocate quite a lot that they need to be upgraded frequently. Granted I've seen you on several occasions disprove that myth at the same time. But either way, that's my problem. We've both had enough discussions to know how one another feels about it.

but i love PCs and you still have a problem with my take on the whole console vs PC issue. is it making you from buying the next PC hardware?
    Ah, you got me with my own argument. Obviously it wont stop me from buying new hardware. I just hate hearing "you need to buy X every year to stay relevant" Anyway, drifting off topic.

that's the thing, there is no problem. it was a funny article, i don't know who was upset over it. do you think anyone said that they weren't going to buy a PS4 now or that they're upset?

are you saying that we should just go ahead and praise idiots now? that makes no sense, we're not here to praise everything, we're here to give our critiques and praises.

so far, we've realized that you have a problem with people giving opinions on their opinions.

i'll guarantee you that if i started making stupid $#@! like that, you would also laugh lol. you were already laughing at me to begin with, maybe you do think that i come up with stupid $#@! lol. so what is the difference? are you any different than people in this thread?
    I think I just took some of the first posts in the wrong way. Two4DaMoney summed me up pretty well in this thread. Either way, I'll hold my hands up and be the first (or by this stage the 3rd) to say I was being a $#@!
    In hindsight, no i'm probably not any different to the others in this thread. I still don't know why i went on a tirade against people as the more I think about it the stupider(?) it seems.

Forum Overseer
    I'm not saying you don't know what your taking about but I am saying you do advocate quite a lot that they need to be upgraded frequently. Granted I've seen you on several occasions disprove that myth at the same time. But either way, that's my problem. We've both had enough discussions to know how one another feels about it.

Ah, you got me with my own argument. Obviously it wont stop me from buying new hardware. I just hate hearing "you need to buy X every year to stay relevant" Anyway, drifting off topic.

I think I just took some of the first posts in the wrong way. Two4DaMoney summed me up pretty well in this thread. Either way, I'll hold my hands up and be the first (or by this stage the 3rd) to say I was being a $#@!
    In hindsight, no i'm probably not any different to the others in this thread. I still don't know why i went on a tirade against people as the more I think about it the stupider(?) it seems.
    it's not stupid, i've gone into heated arguments sometimes and i think that i shouldn't have gone that far. what's probably happening is that you had seen the thread and you were reminded of the people that do take it to the heart and i know that happens.

fact of the matter is, there is a valid opinion on all sides. All platforms have their own unique strengths and much more so distinguishable when comparing PCs to consoles, much less amongst the consoles themselves. most comments about consoles and PCs are idiotic - like the guy in this article. granted, i am not currently a PC gamer but i do understand the differences and for the most part, the advantages to both platforms and disadvantages for that matter.

i think it's good for us to talk about these things because then we can push for what is the best solution moving forward. so far, my honest opinion is that both consoles and PCs need to be more like one another but retain their core advantages and that's already happening.

aside from people that have no idea how to properly give an opinion - like the idiot who broke the controller on first try i still don't get it...my 2 year old (now 3) abused the $#@! out of my dual shock 3, i mean...threw it around and spilled all kinds of matter that comes out of a toddler's mouth and yet it took a year for my controller to crap out on 1 button...and it wasn't even that it broke, just that the controller was overused and opened so many things, the trigger button came lose and i just gave up trying to fix it. P.S. the controller looks older than my dual shock 1 and is full of scratches + the outter shell on both sides are cracked. it literally went through hell and STILL WORKS PERFECTLY!

i guess what i'm saying is that, opinions are good and if gaming in general is important to you then discussing these things in a forum is extremely beneficial. except that dude though lol. that's just like poison to gaming. in my humble opinion of course i wouldn't ever discredit PC as a great platform because it definitely is in so many ways that consoles might never be, in fact, i still want to make a gaming PC again, just that i express strong opinions of why i switched.

33. Likes BBK.. likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Guys.. His opinion is only the half of it. It's passing off some pictures of machines with keyboards and mice in front of them as crashing PS4s that has people calling him those things.

Come on, don't be dense.
    They were PS4 dev kits though. The dev kit is a Windows 7 PC.

but how you gonna break a controller after touching it for the first time?
    Same way I pick up things and they break when I touch them, my kids already broke it and carefully put them back together in the hope that I won't notice. (I picked up my 360 headset the other day which was lying nicely on the table and only half of it came ).
    Last edited by mynd; 10-01-2013 at 20:48.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Same way I pick up things and they break when I touch them, my kids already broke it and carefully put them back together in the hope that I won't notice. (I picked up my 360 headset the other day which was lying nicely on the table and only half of it came ).
    i know exactly what you mean but i didn't want to say that as that would be extra chatter.

so you must mean that he's so thick that he couldn't tell that the controller was already broken and it wasn't him that did it...it's not that difficult to tell if something was already broken or you did it, given that you're aware of your surroundings and in general.

there is a chance that this guy is just a ding dong but then he shouldn't be doing in-depth reviews, especially not on a pro website and why would a pro website accept this drivel anyway?

one would actually keep a leeway in there that "maybe" it was already broken. any intelligent person would know that controllers don't just break by touching them. like i said earlier, even the cheapest $#@! i have ever bought from china (worth a buck) has at least lasted my grip + 10 days.

we're talking about a controller that is made by a company who is the best at making quality controllers that last, likely the most if not as much as other japanese designers (and now chinese makers) such as nintendo. it's hilarious at best.

that's like me going to a conference and saying that PS4's graphics look as good as Atari 2600's. here's another one, "Oh yea guys, i just played the BF4 beta for the PS3 and I can say with certainty that it looks better than the highest settings on the PC."

^opinions.
    Last edited by Omar; 10-01-2013 at 20:59.

Thread Information