Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    i know exactly what you mean but i didn't want to say that as that would be extra chatter.

so you must mean that he's so thick that he couldn't tell that the controller was already broken and it wasn't him that did it...it's not that difficult to tell if something was already broken or you did it, given that you're aware of your surroundings and in general.

there is a chance that this guy is just a ding dong but then he shouldn't be doing in-depth reviews, especially not on a pro website and why would a pro website accept this drivel anyway?

one would actually keep a leeway in there that "maybe" it was already broken. any intelligent person would know that controllers don't just break by touching them. like i said earlier, even the cheapest $#@! i have ever bought from china (worth a buck) has at least lasted my grip + 10 days.

we're talking about a controller that is made by a company who is the best at making quality controllers that last, likely the most if not as much as other japanese designers (and now chinese makers) such as nintendo. it's hilarious at best.

that's like me going to a conference and saying that PS4's graphics look as good as Atari 2600's. here's another one, "Oh yea guys, i just played the BF4 beta for the PS3 and I can say with certainty that it looks better than the highest settings on the PC."

^opinions.

Meh I imagine the controllers get a fair work out at these expos, somebody twsits something till they here crack, then walks away, somebody else picks it up , twists it...bang. Who knows. $#@! I don't particularly care, its not like I expect any console I have to be running in an expo environment.
    Given the plethora of hands on reviews we have had about the controller, is anyone really going to be swayed by one guy at an expo?

As I said anecdotal at best:

Anecdotal :Based on casual observations or indications rather than rigorous or scientific analysis:

The expression anecdotal evidence refers to evidence from anecdotes. Because of the small sample, there is a larger chance that it may be unreliable due to cherry-picked or otherwise non-representative samples of typical cases.Anecdotal evidence is considered dubious support of a claim; it is accepted only in lieu of more solid evidence. This is true regardless of the veracity of individual claims.[/b]
    Grain of salt taken.

But people should stop whinging about the PC's they WERE PS4 dev kits. Windows 7 is the dev environment.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bat0nas View Post
    My personal opinion based on nothing: I too believe that ds4 might be a huge improvement over ds3. But we all know that ds3 was far behind xbox 360 controller. So now ds4 most probably will be as good as 360 controller. Sony really worked hard to solve the bugs of ds3. And I hope we will notice that and enjoy our new and best in a world (fingers crossed) ds4.

bat0nas
    Sent from my mobile device
    That's your opinion. DS3 was much better than that crappy 360 controller. Even for shooters when you use L1 and R1. Nothing special about the 360 controller to make far ahead of the DS3 as you say.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    The guy expressed his own experience from his own hands on and look at the responses he got here...

Obviously it must be impossible for anyone to actually enjoy the Xbox One so clearly anyone who does must be on MS's payroll. Right?

He hasn't told anyone to not buy the PS4 and he didn't try to put his opinion over as fact. It's just one dude who is no different to any of us on these exact boards.

Honestly, gamers at times are ridiculous. "He said something I don't agree with. OUTRAGE"

fine then. calling him a MS shill is the incorrect terminology. The correct term for this fine young gentleman is...

4. Likes Lefein likes this post
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrin8X View Post
    a corporate shill this fella is.

just glad that this forum doesnt have a problem with MS shills the way Gaf has
    That's cuz this forum likes hits from both MS AND Sony shills!

Last edited by GreatSpaceKoaster; 10-02-2013 at 05:11.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Fanboys being fanboys.....nothing new here.

Master Guru
    The PS4 failed at the Eurogamer convention? Are we sure it wasn't a PS4 case with a 360 inside it? Just kidding!

8. Likes Lefein likes this post
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    That's cuz this forum likes hits from both MS AND Sony shills!

nah bro your mistaken

with guys (thread creator) like this: http://au.gamespot.com/forums/topic/...the-xbo?page=0, you can rest assured that...

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Soldier wrote that
    lol.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    im surprised the power of the cloud hasn't been brought into this conversation...or has it???

Power Member
    Items User name style
    I'd love to get paid for reposting articles...how does one do this?
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Soldier wrote that
    lol

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrin8X View Post
    nah bro your mistaken

with guys (thread creator) like this: http://au.gamespot.com/forums/topic/...the-xbo?page=0, you can rest assured that...

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post

Okey, sorry man I didn't catch up on that until now. Gave me good laught! I'm off for a job-interview(!)

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

16. Likes Lefein likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    well this is a playstation site after all

Extreme Poster
    like bowling ball?

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    I see an XBL profile page... What are you trying to suggest? This is literally nothing else than people not liking his opinion. It's like me going over to an Xbox forum and posting something like that but the other way around.

Well aren't you a funny $#@!er. Please do tell me how the PS4 (and XBO for that matter) isn't just another plastic box. Then you can also tell me why it's worth getting so emotionally attached to a plastic $#@!ing box.

It's like being a child and crying because someone doesn't like your action man but instead likes G.I Joe.

All he wrote is a flipping opinion piece and some of you are acting like he is writing for IGN full of factual evidence. The worst bit is the only reason your all getting mad is because is because you get involved in this stupid bull$#@! that is a console war. Half of you grown men act like $#@!ing children.

Some of you lot genuinely have me speechless.
    because its fluff disguised as opinion so people like you try and defend him. He was never going to get a PS4 yet says he was but now he isnt. He said KZ was basically the crap he thought it would be... if he was legitimately getting a PS4 originally... what was he getting it for if he already knew all the games for it were not that great? Hiding fanboyism FUD behind passive agressive "OPINION" is $#@!ing ridiculous. Its amazing that people are sticking up for that. Having an opinion doesnt mean you arent still a shill.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Forum Sage

I don't like any of the launch games but i'm still getting a PS4 on day one. I'm even getting KZ:SF a game i'm 50/50 weather or not I will even like it. Not liking the launch games doesn't mean you don't like a system.

Anyway. I've already had my outbursts in this thread and as pointed out by a few members I saw where I went wrong. I'm not going to make the same mistake again. I still think his opinion is valid but I'm not going to react the same way I did the other day. If you don't like his opinion, fine

Extreme Poster
    I don't like any of the launch games but i'm still getting a PS4 on day one. I'm even getting KZ:SF a game i'm 50/50 weather or not I will even like it. Not liking the launch games doesn't mean you don't like a system.

Anyway. I've already had my outbursts in this thread and as pointed out by a few members I saw where I went wrong. I'm not going to make the same mistake again. I still think his opinion is valid but I'm not going to react the same way I did the other day. If you don't like his opinion, fine
    all i will say that some of his opinions didn't make sense, so didn't seem valid imo (duh lol). they were a little away from reality.

but dude, do you know about Planet Side 2? you probably could already get that on PC, nvm lol. That's one game I really want to play and before PS4's reveal, was ready to build a computer again just for it.

Forum Sage

I've already put in a good few hours of PS2 already Decent game. I'm not overly keen on it but if some guys from here are playing it i'll probably give it another go. Not like i'm loosing out as it's free

If I didn't have a PC then i'd be a bit more excited about the PS4 because of games like Watch Dogs, BF4 and AC:BF but my PS4 will just be getting exclusive games.

Really wish Infamous was a launch game as that looks real fun.

Extreme Poster
    yeah, for me PS4 is going to be a substitute to PC for the time being. We will see what happens in the future so I may need to get into it again. I still might, i just can't say yet. i didn't realize this but after been checking out some games on my laptop, i noticed that PC gaming has taken off in quite a big way. so many MMOs, it's insane. MMOs are my weakness.

if Sony didn't allow free MMOs, i probably wasn't going to get into it for a number of years. even now i don't know if there's a game worth it for me to dive in. BF4 alone doesn't justify purchase. i still got so many games to play on the PS3, that i haven't even bought yet.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    You guys are taking this way too seriously over the matter of opinion. I think as gamers, we have lost our way. We used to be all about games, we didn't care if it was on Nintendo, Sony, Sega or even PC. Now it's the complete opposite. Instead of enjoying our games, we all have to argue which gaming device is better and be all fanboys over it.
    Last edited by SkarEffect; 10-03-2013 at 17:18.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SkarEffect View Post
    You guys are taking this way too seriously over the matter of opinion. I think as gamers, we have lost our way. We used to be all about games, we didn't care if it was on Nintendo, Sony, Sega or even PC. Now it's the complete opposite. Instead of enjoying our games, we all have to argue which gaming device is better and be all fanboys over it.
    Ah, here we go again..

Extreme Poster
    that makes absolutely no sense because the only person talking crap about another console IS THE GUY FROM THE ARTICLE lol. irony at best.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    that makes absolutely no sense because the only person talking crap about another console IS THE GUY FROM THE ARTICLE lol. irony at best.
    I am talking about gamers in general, not just this guy from the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    Ah, here we go again..
    Just stating my opinion.

Extreme Poster
    I am talking about gamers in general, not just this guy from the article.

Just stating my opinion.
    ok sorry lol. well, then you have to be more specific. yes, there is a minority here from both sides (well, proportionately they are a minority) that do not like one console over the other and all that jazz. in general, i think it's more to do with preference than dislike. there are some things that i like about PS over Xbox so naturally i dislike some things about the Xbox...and i prefer the PS. if those things weren't there then i would have no issue going Xbox.

just like i have no issue sticking with Windows even though i dislike some things about it. it just has more support in the end.

i get what you're doing and it's the right thing to say and do but you're going to soon realize that you're wasting your time and it's falling on deaf ears. in the end, it's not a big deal, it's just gaming, it should be a hobby for people. and yes, some people like myself like to argue about it but in the end, i would enjoy all platforms if i had the chance.

Thread Information