Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5
    Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Tell that to consumers today. Think they care about last gen. Nope. $100 is $100. And by your own admission "forced".
    What does consumers caring about last gen have any relevance to what I said?

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Ok its late I am a bit drunk, but whoever said about IF Sony made camera mandatory that Sony peps would praise it being hypocritical I don't think they would, now Apple fans if they released a console exactly how Xbone was first pitched oh yeah they would gobble it up. Apple fans are the worse hypocrites. I cant find that pic someone posted about MS saying "drm" and stuff and fans saying oh no, but then mocking it by saying apple and fans going oh yeah great revolutionary. it is kind of true.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    Oh yea. I forgot MS dropped that requirement. Still, Kinect is being forced into every Xbox One package just as Blu-Ray was forced into every PS3 package. The only difference being that Kinect only increased the Xbox One price by 25% while Blu-Ray increased the PS3 price by over 66%.
    Where are you going with this?

Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Oh yea. I forgot MS dropped that requirement. Still, Kinect is being forced into every Xbox One package just as Blu-Ray was forced into every PS3 package. The only difference being that Kinect only increased the Xbox One price by 25% while Blu-Ray increased the PS3 price by over 66%.
    Where do you get your numbers?
    Increased the price by 66%? The build price without blu-ray was more then then the retail price, Sony took the blow of adding Blu-ray it wasn't past on to customers
    Blu-ray wasn't the only expensive part in the PS3, Cell, XDR Ram, etc
    So where are you going with this because for MS to be the same, they'd have to mark the Xbox One down to the PS4 price or less with Kinect.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Georges_2251
    Items Final Fantasy Tactics
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Of course Sony would say this.

Forced blu-ray was anti consumer when sony made it the defacto media format on the PS3.
    It's not like people were lining up over HD-DVDs...
    Not only that, but the forced camera issue is a major privacy breach, Blu-Ray is not.
    Your sig is too friggin' big. Please change it. ~ PSU Staff

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    What does consumers caring about last gen have any relevance to what I said?
    What does the cost of blu-ray 7 years ago have to do with.......anything?
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Quote Originally Posted by Georges View Post
    It's not like people were lining up over HD-DVDs...
    Not only that, but the forced camera issue is a major privacy breach, Blu-Ray is not.
    No such thing as privacy these days, there never was.

Blu-Ray has calling home features, most devices do how is it any different to the camera, you do realise every time you play a game on your PS3 activity is logged and sent to Sony when the internet is connected, everything you do on your PS3 is logged that's how sony makes decisions, e.g majority of people didn't care about backwards compatibility so they got rid of it, they would have logged that data from people's console logs.
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

Dedicated Member
    yes forced camera is anti-consumer for those that dont need it esp. when it's jacking up the price by 100. But not to forget, sony planned on bundling their camera all allong but pulled it out last momnent to undercut microsoft on the price. So they're bound to make such a statement now.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Sony can say that because they didn't go through with it and it's certainly valid. It is anti consumer, I don't see how that is even argued. People can argue all day and night about how Sony was going to include the camera and blah blah blah. What's funny to me is the backlash people are getting for saying it's anti consumer. The backlash is funny but it is dumb and people should really stop and think before they stick up for a company forcing a camera onto people when it most certainly isn't the big part of gaming. Bluray was a big part of gaming and no matter what you will have to pay a premium price and for what Sony visioned for gaming and game developers with bluray, it was not anti consumer at all. People are arguing over apples and potatoes.

Thread Information