Latest PSU headlines:

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal

Buying in-game cars online

Sorry but I'm talking about the single player campaign here, rather than Online, as I still haven't had the time to finish it.

When I try to buy a flash car off the internet through my in-game phone, it does not process and the game says that I don't have anywhere to store it, and suggests buying a garage. Does this mean buying an LS Customs property? I was trying to buy a sports car with Michael and my garage at my safe house is empty...

Additionally, will the car I buy always be available somewhere in case it gets wrecked when I'm driving around in it?

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Superior Member
    There are 3 garages available to buy, one for each character.

Michael's is in Vinewood, Franklin's on Grove Street and Trevor's is located at PillBox Hill, all in Los Santos.

The car should still be available even if it gets wrecked. This only applies to brought vehicles, not stolen I believe.

Some land vehicles will be stored in hangars and not garages, this includes the Rhino tank.

Supreme Veteran

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I have had problems as well... So i am going to just steal the vehicles i want

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    I have had problems as well... So i am going to just steal the vehicles i want
    I'm also having that issue. I can buy planes without an issue though.

5. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by FdMstng99 View Post
    I'm also having that issue. I can buy planes without an issue though.

Yep, it is weird considering the hype is around the cars

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhindi_Bhajji View Post

Michael's is in Vinewood, Franklin's on Grove Street and Trevor's is located at PillBox Hill, all in Los Santos.

The car should still be available even if it gets wrecked. This only applies to brought vehicles, not stolen I believe.

Some land vehicles will be stored in hangars and not garages, this includes the Rhino tank.
    You technically buy those garages, they are unlocked from the beginning. Maybe that line relates to being able to buy more garages later through patches/DLC.

After buying the car, I would still go about customizing it (at least adding Xenon lights or a respray). I would treat bought cars the same as stolen just to be on the safe side. This means if it explodes it's gone, but if you leave it somewhere it should end up in the impound.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    After buying the car, I would still go about customizing it (at least adding Xenon lights or a respray). I would treat bought cars the same as stolen just to be on the safe side. This means if it explodes it's gone, but if you leave it somewhere it should end up in the impound.
    Brought vehicles are available again at the hangar/garages even if they are destroyed. I've tested it with the Rhino and Buzzard.

I have a special car in all of my brought garages that looks like a Nissan GTR (not sure how I got it), that is also available again if it gets destroyed.
    Last edited by Bhindi_Bhajji; 10-01-2013 at 15:49.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal

That's cool. Thanks for that.

I just had a quick play and noticed that as Franklin and Trevor I now have those garages you mentioned - I didn't buy them.

If I get a chance later I will have another go at buying motors.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    Scheller
    Brought vehicles are available again at the hangar/garages even if they are destroyed. I've tested it with the Rhino and Buzzard.

I have a special car in all of my brought garages that looks like a Nissan GTR (not sure how I got it), that is also available again if it gets destroyed.
    The Elegy thing? I have that too, don't know why, but it doesn't work like bought vehicles work. There's nothing different between bought cars and stolen cars you put into your garage. I don't know why they didn't make them similar to the other bought vehicles, but they didn't.

I just tested. I took one of my bought vehicles and made sure it got destroyed. It never showed up in the impound or the garage.

11. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran

Just steal them and that will save you money for other things more important

Unbound Mercenary
    I tend to treat cars I like as if they are real cars, I rarely damage them, and always return them to the garage, then I usually keep a cool car, that is a little more common in the garage to switch out with.

I've yet to "lose" a car.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Master Guru
    Items EnglandArsenal
    I've managed to buy motors now.

Thanks to you guys who offered help.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    The Elegy thing? I have that too, don't know why, but it doesn't work like bought vehicles work. There's nothing different between bought cars and stolen cars you put into your garage. I don't know why they didn't make them similar to the other bought vehicles, but they didn't.

I just tested. I took one of my bought vehicles and made sure it got destroyed. It never showed up in the impound or the garage.
    Maybe it just works with the special vehicles like the ones I tested with then. Shame you can't take insurance on the cars like you are supposed to be able to in the online mode, whenever it starts working!!

Supreme Veteran

But i would never understand why

I mean when you steal the desired vehicle and store it, it takes the same amount of time when buying it

Well in a small way it depends on how rare the vehicle is

And if you damage it, not to worry because the game fixes it when you comeback and enter your garage...

So means no sense wasting money, because the end result is the same..

Thread Information