Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style

Bikers attack driver infront of his family

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/30...h-speed-chase/

An unidentified 33-year-old man was attacked in front of his wife and child in New York City after his vehicle reportedly was pursued by a gang of motorcyclists in a high-speed chase.

A video apparently taken by one of the bikers shows the gang surrounding the manís Range Rover SUV on Manhattanís West Side Highway Monday afternoon, the New York Post reports.

New York Police said the altercation began when the man called 911 to report the bikers driving erratically on the highway, NBC New York reports.

In the video, at least one biker is seen slowing down and parking his bike in front of the manís vehicle, causing him to stop. Another biker began walking threateningly toward the vehicle before the driver gunned it and smashed into several bikes and riders.

The group then pursued the driver at high speeds until he got caught in traffic. At that point, another biker tried to rip open the SUVís door, but the driver sped off again.

The chase came to an end in the upper Manhattan neighborhood of Washington Heights when the driver was caught in traffic a second time.

One biker in the video is shown taking off his helmet and using it to smash the driver-side window of the SUV. Police sources told the New York Post that the man was slashed in front of his wife and child, who were inside the vehicle.

The man was brought to Columbia Presbyterian Hospital with two black eyes and had to get stitches on his face and chest.

New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said authorities are trying to identify some of bikers in the attack, but they did not have license plates on their motorcycles, the NY Daily News reports.

Authorities say the bikers were in the city for an event called Hollywood Stuntz, where they intended to drive around Manhattan doing tricks, NBC New York reports.

Kelly said the group showed up in Times Square and disrupted traffic. Police arrested 15 of them and issued summonses to several others. They also seized 55 motorcycles in connection with the event, NBC New York reports.

New York Police and Fire Department officials told the NY Daily News that one biker suffered a broken leg in the incident.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I've been following this one since it happened. Before I give out too much information, I'd like to see how everyone feels about this so far.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I've been following this one since it happened. Before I give out too much information, I'd like to see how everyone feels about this so far.
    From what I understand it was a case of road-rage where the guy in the vehicle bumped the rear of the biker because the biker did a short stop infront of the vehicle (probably trying to start $#@!). Now I don't know exactly what went on after that but those bikers that followed him I would assume the guy in the vehicle was scared $#@!less.

Before all that happened this group of bikers had over 200 complaints from around new york from what I heard and they've been causing quite a bit of problems. Now what I seen and heard on the video the guy that got ran over was blocking the vehicle from leaving so the guys could pull him out to beat him up. If that's the case I say good. When people do stupid $#@! (like unlawful imprisonment) be prepared to pay the consequences like this.

I think the guy had every right to push forward with his vehicle being threatened by dozens of bikers. He shouldn't be charged at all for running over the guy, he was trying to get away from what I understand.

I personally think that cops should be able to pull off pit maneuvers on bikers that are in a large group like this. When you get gangs of bikers like this, they are very dangerous. They even mock the police officers on the road. I say they should be allowed to do pit maneuvers and lay down road spikes just like cars. If you are going to cause problems on the road and be stupid enough to do it on the bike....prepare to for those consquences. Now it may sound harsh but something really should be done for things like this.
    Last edited by Demi_God; 10-03-2013 at 00:17.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    in front his family and now that is sick
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Friendship is Carrots
    Was wondering when this would pop up.

I heard details like how the bikers tried slashing tires or opening other doors/banging on windows where the camera can't really see the activity. I seriously doubt the driver of the range rover did anything wrong initially to provoke a response, considering he was literally surrounded by the bikers and he had his family with him. It sounds and looks like many of these bikers were being assholes, the father felt threatened (and I certainly don't blame him), and then aggressive mob mentality took over.

It's unfortunate people were hurt because of it, but maybe next time they'll be less inclined to be $#@!heads.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style

The guy had a family and the bikers where surrounding his car, it was at that point he decided to gun it to protect his family. I would have done the same, except at the end if they followed me there would have been a gun drawn. The guy in SVU made a call to gun it and the bikers started the incident by stopping him. Was their own fault.

Bikers like the one in video give real bikers a bad name.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Just to give some info:

The biker that vid cap'd this, had also recorded an hour +/- a few mins, and uploaded it all to youtube. He later removed it, but not before someone was able to save all the footage. It shows them riding in the oncoming lane, going on sidewalks and pedestrians having to get out of the way, and them blocking intersections so the bikes can run the red lights; as well as attacking another car because it was proceeding on the green light, legally.

Also;
    It shows the first biker to brake check the SUV. This is how the first bump occurred. Then at a stop, one biker at least, while a couple other dismounted, ran up to the SUV. At that point, the SUV tried to get away. Another biker tried to block him from being able to get away, and was hit.

8. Likes Demi_God , Nerevar likes this post
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Just to give some info:

The biker that vid cap'd this, had also recorded an hour +/- a few mins, and uploaded it all to youtube. He later removed it, but not before someone was able to save all the footage. It shows them riding in the oncoming lane, going on sidewalks and pedestrians having to get out of the way, and them blocking intersections so the bikes can run the red lights; as well as attacking another car because it was proceeding on the green light, legally.

Also;
    It shows the first biker to brake check the SUV. This is how the first bump occurred. Then at a stop, one biker at least, while a couple other dismounted, ran up to the SUV. At that point, the SUV tried to get away. Another biker tried to block him from being able to get away, and was hit.
    what no way I mean that has to be whole video they would not edit parts out to make it look like they are in right....kind of like "cop hating" videos that are edited haha
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    yep, Now the biker that got ran over is us paralyzed from what I understand. The wife said he was trying to help them out. lol like anyone is actually going to believe that load of garbage. This is what happens when people are stupid. As for the guy that got paralyzed it's his own fault as well as the bikers starting all the trouble.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I saw this on the Phillip Defranco show. Apparently he accidentally knocked one of them, then they started threatening him..he had his wife and kid on board and he didn't feel safe so he drove through them. When he hit a traffic jam they caught up and attacked hm.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    The first biker involved... brake check guy...

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/su...in-nyc#tscptmf

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I saw this on the Phillip Defranco show. Apparently he accidentally knocked one of them, then they started threatening him..he had his wife and kid on board and he didn't feel safe so he drove through them. When he hit a traffic jam they caught up and attacked hm.
    No, he didn't accidentally do anything. The motorcycle guy sped up, passed SUV, got in the SUV lane, and put the brakes on. It's what is called a brake check. In that situation it's done to slow someone down. He was too close, and the SUV wasn't able to slow down fast enough and bumped the guy in the rear.

13. Likes Ghost , Admartian likes this post
    Elite Member
    I would have put my suv in reverse and just kept backing over them
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We donít want to do a PS3 game," or "Itís really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    The first biker involved... brake check guy...

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/su...in-nyc#tscptmf

No, he didn't accidentally do anything. The motorcycle guy sped up, passed SUV, got in the SUV lane, and put the brakes on. It's what is called a brake check. In that situation it's done to slow someone down. He was too close, and the SUV wasn't able to slow down fast enough and bumped the guy in the rear.
    Either way, if I had a kid in the car I would do the same.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

16. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Either way, if I had a kid in the car I would do the same.
    Me too, no doubt.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3cd_1380579664

There are the videos.
    Last edited by F34R; 10-03-2013 at 01:52.

18. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    The wife of the guy that got ran over wants the driver of the SUV to be charged. I don't think he should be charged. You should have seen the lies spurting out from the wife of the biker.

Forum Sage

Remember when I made the case for high powered firearms like fully automatic rifles? This is a case where these weapons would come in handy. Spray a clip into this mob crowd and the ones left alive would never again think about pulling this kind of crap.

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Remember when I made the case for high powered firearms like fully automatic rifles? This is a case where these weapons would come in handy. Spray a clip into this mob crowd and the ones left alive would never again think about pulling this kind of crap.
    That seem like a pretty convenient scenario you have in mind. So, what, the father pulls out a machine gun (from where??) and murders some bikers? What if he hits people who weren't even trying to threaten him? What if the bikers have their own weapons and blow his brains out across his wife and kid?

22. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Elite Sage
    As angry as I get on my bike, I know a lot better than to try and fight a fricken two ton SUV on a quarter ton bike. You'll never win.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

24. Likes John25 , F34R likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelios View Post
    As angry as I get on my bike, I know a lot better than to try and fight a fricken two ton SUV on a quarter ton bike. You'll never win.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    Amen to that. They seem to be so used to people giving in, they weren't prepared for this guy to fight back.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if a bunch of them responsible for surrounding this guy are charged with kidnapping.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    That seem like a pretty convenient scenario you have in mind. So, what, the father pulls out a machine gun (from where??) and murders some bikers? What if he hits people who weren't even trying to threaten him? What if the bikers have their own weapons and blow his brains out across his wife and kid?
    There is a small possibility of this. A small one. It's not murder if he's defending himself and/or his family. And a few dead assholes will do the world some good.

Dedicated Member

There is a lesson to be learned here.

Don't buy small Range Rover SUVs. Those bikers never would have messed with one of these:

And if they did those bikers would be little more than speed bumps.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    That seem like a pretty convenient scenario you have in mind. So, what, the father pulls out a machine gun (from where??) and murders some bikers? What if he hits people who weren't even trying to threaten him?What if the bikers have their own weapons and blow his brains out across his wife and kid?
    I guarantee u if the driver pull out a gun and shoot one of the biker they all would ran. Cowards usually rely on numbers and often times harass normal ppl cause they're easy target. I mean seriously if it were a bunch of Mexican Cartels sitting in that car do u think they would pull that $#@!? Or how about an NYPD vehicle? LOL

I mean why u think the biker wear a helmet cam, it so that when a police officer pull them over they can post it on youtube and claim to be abuse by cops.

29. Likes F34R likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    A story where bikers hurt a car driver? Now hell will freeze over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

31. Likes F34R likes this post
    Superior Member
    The bikers got what they deserved. Actually... they should have gotten more!

33. Likes F34R likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    They are lucky they didn't get more... if you watch all the video at the link posted. They think "ride in numbers" is a safety net for them to do whatever they want. Well, people can defend themselves, and no motorcycle I've seen on the streets has a chance against a car/truck/SUV, etc.

Thread Information