Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS

Bikers attack driver infront of his family

So what is the idea? A biker decided unprovoked to do a brake check on the SUV?
    So either there was a very stupid biker or the driver provoked him in some way.

Whatever the case you don't ram a 1000 bike convoy thinking I'll just drive over them. You take it slow for a few minutes so the annoying convoy passes through.

Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    There is a lesson to be learned here.

Don't buy small Range Rover SUVs. Those bikers never would have messed with one of these:

And if they did those bikers would be little more than speed bumps.
    Isn't this in the pic a truck?
    Second the "small" Range Rover is one of the best SUVs in the world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by MjW; 10-03-2013 at 08:19.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    So what is the idea? A biker decided unprovoked to do a brake check on the SUV?
    So either there was a very stupid biker or the driver provoked him in some way.

Whatever the case you don't ram a 1000 bike convoy thinking I'll just drive over them. You take it slow for a few minutes so the annoying convoy passes through.

Isn't this in the pic a truck?
    Second the "small" Range Rover is one of the best SUVs in the world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    They don't just pass through. Watching the videos off this "group" proves that point easily. That being said... if they would have just let this guy go about his business instead of ganging up on him, attacking him, none of this would have happened. He tried to take it slow, evidence by the video, and that made it worse. The slower a car goes, the more advantages motorcycles can find. They can't do much against the car as it's doing 45mph...

There aren't any excuses to be made for this group.

3. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Master Sage
    If anyone should be charged it should be the bikers.
    Make an example out of them.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Those bikers are knob heads. I think many other people would have done the same if surrounded by those scoundrels.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-

Bikers attack driver infront of his family

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    They don't just pass through. Watching the videos off this "group" proves that point easily. That being said... if they would have just let this guy go about his business instead of ganging up on him, attacking him, none of this would have happened. He tried to take it slow, evidence by the video, and that made it worse. The slower a car goes, the more advantages motorcycles can find. They can't do much against the car as it's doing 45mph...

There aren't any excuses to be made for this group.
    In the vid I see the SUV going at the same speed as the bikes. Then a biker has some sort of beef with the car. Either out of pure doucheness, or because of some prior incident. It's not made clear in the vid.

If all these bikers picked a random car to surround and mob, then the fault is entirely on them. It seems a bit far fetched to me, though not impossible. I'm not justifying anyone, there are dozens of wrongs in this vid.

Things easily go out of control when dealing with masses. One throws a stone and you have a riot. One biker might did something stupid, the ones around him see that he is a douchebag, the other 990 bikers all they see is a car ramming on bikers. And a few of these 990 bikers are hot-headed or stupid enough to attack the "attacker" of their fellow biker.

You have to be extra understanding to stupid people on the road and even more so when on a bike.

On the move with Tapatalk

Dedicated Member

The bikers thought Mel Gibson was driving the car and decided to remake Mad Max.

8. Likes John25 likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Seems pretty clear to me. The bikers are a bunch of $#@!s. Did what many bikers do when they form a big enough mob: claim the road for themselves and woe betide anyone who gets in their way. They probably tried this stunt with dozens of cars that day and I don't blame the driver at all. I'd have done the same thing. I'm not usually one to promote mindless violence but he should have been more aggressive afterwards too. If they get killed it's entirely their own $#@!ing fault.

The RR driver's mistake was leaving the carriageway. If it's true that one of those bikers actually got hurt (very dubious) then good. Hope he never rides a bike again.

10. Likes Admartian , 33x likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Marlon brando anyone
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    What did some of these idiots get charged with? On top of the charges they got, they should have their license permanently taken away on top of that. This type of act calls for permanent revocation.
    Last edited by Demi_God; 10-03-2013 at 14:02.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    stupid is as stupid does and those bikers got what they deserved. if they were riding like normal this conversation or situation would have most likely never happened.

god i $#@!ing hate stupid people, and yet they seem to breed in mass numbers

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I would have went old school GTA on their asses...

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

15. Likes Beast of Bourbon likes this post
    Forum Sage

In the vid I see the SUV going at the same speed as the bikes. Then a biker has some sort of beef with the car. Either out of pure doucheness, or because of some prior incident. It's not made clear in the vid.

If all these bikers picked a random car to surround and mob, then the fault is entirely on them. It seems a bit far fetched to me, though not impossible. I'm not justifying anyone, there are dozens of wrongs in this vid.

Things easily go out of control when dealing with masses. One throws a stone and you have a riot. One biker might did something stupid, the ones around him see that he is a douchebag, the other 990 bikers all they see is a car ramming on bikers. And a few of these 990 bikers are hot-headed or stupid enough to attack the "attacker" of their fellow biker.

You have to be extra understanding to stupid people on the road and even more so when on a bike.

On the move with Tapatalk
    Appeasement doesn't work. It's one thing we Americans don't do. Someone starts some $#@!, we don't cower and be extra understanding. That's what bullies count on. Like I said in my other post. This makes a great case for having assault weapons. These assholes would have run in the face of that kind of odds.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Appeasement doesn't work. It's one thing we Americans don't do. Someone starts some $#@!, we don't cower and be extra understanding. That's what bullies count on. Like I said in my other post. This makes a great case for having assault weapons. These assholes would have run in the face of that kind of odds.
    This guy didn't fight back, he just panicked and tried to escape by driving over them.
    I'm still of the opinion that you can only gain by giving way to stupid people on the road, and it has nothing to do with appeasement or assault rifles.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Typical, bust out the guns and wipe the lot out, who cares? Its not like anyones life is of real importance.
    Someones dies, we all die the world keeps spinning.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    This guy didn't fight back, he just panicked and tried to escape by driving over them.
    I'm still of the opinion that you can only gain by giving way to stupid people on the road, and it has nothing to do with appeasement or assault rifles.
    How is he supposed to fight back against that large of a group? Just get out and fist fight them? When you have a group starting to attack you, what will you do? How is he supposed to give way when they surrounded him on the highway, and slowed him down to a stop, and they stopped with him? What else could he do?

20. Likes Ezekiel, Demi_God likes this post
    Dedicated Member

Have you not read ANYTHING about the incident?

http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/black-bik...driver-in-nyc/

The biker that started it all has been arrested and charged with reckless driving, endangering the welfare of a child and menacing. The SUV driver has not been charged with any crime.

That should tell you something.

Read the whole story. Especially the comments from other drivers in NYC that have said this gang was involved in many other crimes and dangerous acts.

What it SHOULD tell you is that if this man had done what you say he would have been beaten just the same. The ONLY way to defend yourself against a gang that large is with lethal force.

And for the record, the Range Rover is an overhyped and overpriced POS.

Least reliable car sold in the US.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/stu...icle-1.1317954

Least reliable in the UK:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...reak-year.html

The only people who buy them are fools trying to show off and just don't care how crappy it is, they just care about the badge on front.
    Last edited by Completely Average; 10-04-2013 at 03:05.

Ultimate Veteran
    This happened here in ny.this guy should have ran over more of them..
    Is these where Harley guys they would have never did this.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    How is he supposed to fight back against that large of a group? Just get out and fist fight them? When you have a group starting to attack you, what will you do? How is he supposed to give way when they surrounded him on the highway, and slowed him down to a stop, and they stopped with him? What else could he do?
    Of course you are not supposed to fight back in such situations. It was a reply to Morganator's "never appease" post.
    You are right, in the duration of the vid it isn't possible to give way, I would try to give way when I saw the convoy approaching. I understand that if these people were out to pick a fight I could have been beaten anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Have you not read ANYTHING about the incident?

http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/black-bik...driver-in-nyc/

The biker that started it all has been arrested and charged with reckless driving, endangering the welfare of a child and menacing. The SUV driver has not been charged with any crime.

Read the whole story. Especially the comments from other drivers in NYC that have said this gang was involved in many other crimes and dangerous acts.

What it SHOULD tell you is that if this man had done what you say he would have been beaten just the same. The ONLY way to defend yourself against a gang that large is with lethal force.

And for the record, the Range Rover is an overhyped and overpriced POS.

Least reliable car sold in the US.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/stu...icle-1.1317954

Least reliable in the UK:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...reak-year.html

The only people who buy them are fools trying to show off and just don't care how crappy it is, they just care about the badge on front.
    I read the links in the beginning of the thread and while I never said it was the SUV's fault, I said, to kind of quote myself, he was also wrong to ram them over. In the link you posted they talk about about sliced tyres, and in that case you are right. Driving over them was the only thing to do. And I'll even go as far to agree with Morganator too that it might have been better if he had a gun. Hoping it would have been used to help the family get away safely and not start a gunfight that could end with the whole family dead.

Yeah, reliability is iffy. The RR is not a cheap car to maintain, and true! you sometimes have to do preventative service before hitting the Himalayas. And still I could not think of a better car to take you virtually anywhere in the most comfortable way imaginable. I understand you see it as an urban SUV, footballer's wives drive, which is like 90% of the owners, but for me, and I know I'm one of the very few, it's a sofa that can climb mountains while massaging your feet and playing smooth jazz.
    Last edited by MjW; 10-04-2013 at 07:24.

Forum Sage

Of course you are not supposed to fight back in such situations. It was a reply to Morganator's "never appease" post.
    You are right, in the duration of the vid it isn't possible to give way, I would try to give way when I saw the convoy approaching. I understand that if these people were out to pick a fight I could have been beaten anyway.

I read the links in the beginning of the thread and while I never said it was the SUV's fault, I said, to kind of quote myself, he was also wrong to ram them over. In the link you posted they talk about about sliced tyres, and in that case you are right. Driving over them was the only thing to do. And I'll even go as far to agree with Morganator too that it might have been better if he had a gun. Hoping it would have been used to help the family get away safely and not start a gunfight that could end with the whole family dead.

Yeah, reliability is iffy. The RR is not a cheap car to maintain, and true! you sometimes have to do preventative service before hitting the Himalayas. And still I could not think of a better car to take you virtually anywhere in the most comfortable way imaginable. I understand you see it as an urban SUV, footballer's wives drive, which is like 90% of the owners, but for me, and I know I'm one of the very few, it's a sofa that can climb mountains while massaging your feet and playing smooth jazz.
    Okay. I get where you're coming from but I have to disagree on the aspect of the gun part. I think you may be underestimating the importance of the gun and what kind I was referring to. A pistol wouldn't do squat against a mob of that size. An assault rifle on the other hand, would have sent them all scurrying away just from the intimidation factor alone. If he had an assault rifle and sprayed even one person, the sound of that rifle going off would have sent the others running. Even if some of these scumbags had guns of their own, he'd have the upper hand. An assault rifle is a force multiplier when going up against mobs like that. That force multiplication acts as an equalizer of sorts.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Okay. I get where you're coming from but I have to disagree on the aspect of the gun part. I think you may be underestimating the importance of the gun and what kind I was referring to. A pistol wouldn't do squat against a mob of that size. An assault rifle on the other hand, would have sent them all scurrying away just from the intimidation factor alone. If he had an assault rifle and sprayed even one person, the sound of that rifle going off would have sent the others running. Even if some of these scumbags had guns of their own, he'd have the upper hand. An assault rifle is a force multiplier when going up against mobs like that. That force multiplication acts as an equalizer of sorts.
    The car was a better weapon than if he would have had an assault rifle.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Just to put some more perspective on this:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...our-lives?lite

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Just to put some more perspective on this:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...our-lives?lite
    The guy that got his ass run over looks like a total douche too! I have several friends that bike and they get pissed off at people like these guys because they put a bad name on the rest of the good law abiding riders.

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    He was breaking the law just to ride... If he was following the rules, at the basic level, he wouldn't be hurt the way he is now.

Forum Sage

The car was a better weapon than if he would have had an assault rifle.
    Maybe, maybe not. Obviously, they don't think a car poses that kind of threat. I prefer the assault rifle myself.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Maybe, maybe not. Obviously, they don't think a car poses that kind of threat. I prefer the assault rifle myself.
    Obviously they were wrong.

Thread Information