PSU Live Streamer

Next-Gen Deus Ex Universe Announced

Eidos-Montreal has announced Deus Ex Universe: a series of interconnected games in the Deus Ex franchise, planned to span PC, next-generation consoles, tablets, smartphones, books and graphic novels.

We first heard about Deus Ex Universe through a trademark filing spotted last month, but up until now we didn't know anything about it. In a blog post, studio head David Anfossi described Deus Ex Universe as "an ongoing, expanding and connected game world built across a generation of core games."

It continues, "It’s a commitment on our part to deliver meaningful content that expands the franchise on a regular basis and to deliver a deep conspiracy that will span several connected Deus Ex games, creating a more immersive and richer experience than ever before.“An ongoing, expanding and connected game world built across a generation of core games.

"Deus Ex: Universe will include PC and console games, but also additional Deus Ex games and experiences available in other media such as tablets, smartphones, books, graphic novels, etc..."

Eidos-Montreal has apparently started production on the first product in Deus Ex Universe; a new game for PC and next-generation consoles. Anfossi also added that most of the team who worked on Deus Ex: Human Revolution have already jumped over to the new title.

While we may not have a name for it just yet, we have been given a piece of concept art that supposedly shows "shows trans-humanism segregation, which is a backdrop to our vision for the next Deus Ex. It represents a "ghetto-city' voluntarily built in order to separate the classes. The people in this segregated class have reshaped their environment, nostalgic for their ideal of Cyber Renaissance. This dark and dystopian vision sets the tone for things to come in Deus Ex."

Given all the talk of "an ongoing, expanding and connected game world" that'll expand "on a regular basis", the temptation is to assume this may mean a Deus Ex MMO could be on the way in the near future. Until Eidos-Montreal gives us more details though, we're just going to have to be patient.
    source: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/10/0...erse-announced

I only started into the Deus Ex franchise with this gen's Human Revolution. But man, what a friggin wicked game. Can't wait for more!
    Last edited by shepard; 10-03-2013 at 15:44.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

2. Likes PhillyPhreak, claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Now i hope they promise a great promise here. Human R was an amazing game, the smartphone game on the other hand fell flat on it's face

So focus P.C and console first
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    I can't wait to see more.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

5. Likes claud3 likes this post
    El Presidente
    I'm hoping for more graphic novels and books you can download to you phone instead of games. I imagine they can create a pretty detailed universe this way.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

7. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    I totally agree with both of you, more books and bring on new games
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Any Deus Ex game is a day one but for me after HR. I hope this is coming by the end of 2014.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Ultimate Veteran
    It sounds interesting but they need to release a trailer. I loved the original Deus Ex and Human Revolution so much that I consider them some of the best PC titles.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Thread Information